P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

DW said " if that was my kid, I'd leave him in kennels " the P&O one is OK and the Cunard one OK if you like that kind of cruise. Haven was better last year, but I don't really watch them.🤣

TBH I normally only ever see adverts when watching live sports, otherwise I whizz passed them from recordings, but that OTB is just unbelievable.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

. I reeeeealy want to make a spaceship out of the washing up liquid bottle..🚀

I do wonder what the 'boy' thinks when he sees the advert, he could be a father himself now.  Isn't it the advert from many years ago... or am I mistaken

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Apparently the most memorable adverts are also the most annoying.  .. I reeeeealy want to make a spaceship out of the washing up liquid bottle..🚀

How to make your moggy really hard ? Shake some cat treats and they come bursting through your living room walls ? Why not have a cat flap like everyone else ?

Maybe buying these moggy treats the should give you a discount on polly filler 🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you, but they've doubled up on his Omeprazole. He's had those iron tablets before, but not  such a high strength. The only problem it causes him is constipation.

Avril

Yes that’s not the greatest. I’m supposed to take 3 iron tablets per day but I can’t tolerate it due to constipation which is why I only take one tablet and supplement with Floradix to avoid it.

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Apparently the most memorable adverts are also the most annoying.  .. I reeeeealy want to make a spaceship out of the washing up liquid bottle..🚀

Yeah but have you seen the price of Lego.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Ooooh word for word what we have said Terrierjohn .    I like kids but when that boy runs on I cringe.   I wonder if it was done on purpose.. kind of reverse advertising.. after all we are talking about it.  (I know what I mean 🙃)

When I see that boy running on I just want to punch him! Jane xx

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

13 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Love it Jane.You and I should be social workers with our PCness.

• Haha 7

29 minutes ago, Beckett said:

14 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Love it Jane.You and I should be social workers with our PCness.

Ah kids you can't beat em  ,or can you ?  🤔🙃

69921-18975e7a-d99b-403e-95f0-4d508b0e4de2.jpg.3eef88c003f41513ebc316519a0e094d.jpg

Edited by kalos
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, July morning said:

can someone tell me how to respond to some of the messages example I read a message that i think is funny or agree with but when I click on the heart, laughing face etc nothing happens 😬

You have to click twice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, July morning said:

can someone tell me how to respond to some of the messages example I read a message that i think is funny or agree with but when I click on the heart, laughing face etc nothing happens 😬

Try logging out and back in again, or the refresh button if on a computer/ laptop.

Avril

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

The Victoria and Alfred Waterfront Complex is incredible. 100 eateries to choose from. 

Some real high quality options at a fraction of the price of UK food and drink

We didn't know where to start or stop!!!

Lol

I can see why so many people say Cape Town is their favourite holiday destination

I think I want to live here!!

We fly out in 2 weeks time to stay overnight in the V&A area and then embark QM2 the next day🤞

Did you get a taxi from the airport to the hotel? Do they take credit cards?

5 hours ago, kalos said:

How to make your moggy really hard ? Shake some cat treats and they come bursting through your living room walls ? Why not have a cat flap like everyone else ?

Maybe buying these moggy treats the should give you a discount on polly filler 🤔

Don’t bring the parrot in to this😂

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We fly out in 2 weeks time to stay overnight in the V&A area and then embark QM2 the next day🤞

Did you get a taxi from the airport to the hotel? Do they take credit cards?

I had pre booked a transfer with our Airbnb provider and we paid cash as it's cheap

But the same taxi company does take payment by card as I've just pre-paid them for a longer trip we are doing tomorrow

To enjoy a wine tram experience which looks to much fun

By the way entry into Cape Town for us was the quickest immigration queue I've ever seen anywhere and the cases were already on the machine as well. 

There are some amazing places to choose for a meal/and or cocktails at the waterfront 

You will be spoilt for choice

Tonight after the rugby I just bought 4 sharing platters of food for 6 people and three rounds of drinks for 6 people 

Came to 79  pounds approx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2024 at 2:34 PM, Ardennais said:

We arrived home last night after a very enjoyable four night cruise on Queen Victoria - to Hamburg and back. Embarkation at Mayflower was a breeze - so different to Selbourne’s experience the previous weekend. We had a time of 2.30 so that might have made a difference. CPS staff were waiting for cars to arrive! 
We had only sailed once before with Cunard, on QM in 2013. 

A few quick observations. Queen Victoria is very elegant but quite dark. The size suited us as my mother was with us. No waiting for lifts, plenty of room to sit around the ship apart from the Chart Room (coffee bar) before lunch. 

We were on Freedom dining, and were immediately seated on the 4 nights without having to share. Food was excellent - fewer mains in the MDR than P&O but really tasty. The portions are quite moderate. Service was amazing. Had a great pub lunch in the Golden Lion with several mains to choose from - I seem to recall that there was only the fish chips there on QM but I might be mistaken. Lido buffet had lovely salads and fruit juices were available all day which is good as the drinks were quite expensive. 

Dress code - no tie or jacket required. The two Gala nights were labelled as being ‘optional’. Quite a high proportion had dressed up but there were also many in very casual attire and trainers which didn’t bother us one bit. It felt very relaxed. 

Entertainment was great and there were speakers onboard as part of the Insights programme. Great atmosphere in the Queen Room with a live band for the dancing. 

Disembarkation was very easy, probably helped by the fact that over 500 had joined in Hamburg for the beginning of the world cruise. 

We had a brilliant time - no apps required! We probably wouldn’t choose to do a longer cruise on the Queens as they’re getting on a bit and we do like the lighter modern ships and a more relaxed atmosphere at night. Having said that, everything seemed far more stuffy back in 2013 so things are changing. We might try Queen Anne next! 

Forgot to add - cabins were serviced twice a day and it was great to have fresh towels after the evening shower. Grats are added of course and as I said, the drinks are expensive. Definitely a higher standard overall than P&O in terms of quality of food and service, but of course, the overall cost is much higher. 

Glad to hear this as I’ve been tempted to do the four night Hamburg one. I didn’t think Cunard had freedom dining so it’s interesting to hear as we don’t like sharing tables.

• Like 6

On 1/12/2024 at 5:45 PM, Eddie99 said:

We’re doing a fairly bog-standard Canaries cruise

OllySmith is onboard

It’s sold out - I think a lot of P&O cruisers want a no-fly winter cruise and, apart from N European 1-weekers at February half-term, this is the only one.  Crazy!

Enjoy! We did a wine tasting tour in Vigo with Olly Smith, he’s really engaging and not snobbish about wine at all. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning.

It’s been an interesting week here. Mum’s not been good, it took both my sister and I to get her out of bed, bathed and dressed on Tuesday morning. She then had a call from her physio, told her how everything was getting worse and the physio told her to go straight to A&E. 

We spent several hours there with her going through various assessments and she was eventually sent home with a change of pain relief and an order to return if she gets either numbness down below or loss of ‘control’.

Shes got an MRI in two weeks, but doc thinks it’s Spinal Stenosis and at least one slipped disc. My sister and I persuaded her to let us make a temporary bedroom for her in their dining room so we’ve been rearranging furniture and my husband moved the bed downstairs and she’s been relieved to not have to manage the stairs twice a day.

They are going to cancel coming on Britannia with us in May, fortunately not a big deposit to loose.

Five weeks until our Grandson number two is due so we really need mum settled and improving by then or I may end up in a frazzled heap. 🥴 

Sorry to ramble on, that was quite therapeutic getting all that off my chest 😂

Oh my Sarah, what a worry for you. 
Parents,eh? I’m still just as worried about my mum even though she’s ‘safe’ in her home! She phoned me last week and we had to go up there as she thought she’d lost her glasses! We found them straight away 🙄

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh my Sarah, what a worry for you. 
Parents,eh? I’m still just as worried about my mum even though she’s ‘safe’ in her home! She phoned me last week and we had to go up there as she thought she’d lost her glasses! We found them straight away 🙄

You never know ? Could have been testing you to see if you were  just a phone call

away and you would still come and see her ?   I'ts all new to her at the moment🙂

Morning all, just 1.c here and will get to about 3.c   so a day staying warm and cosy.

Have a good day .🙂

• Like 6

So we are in Franschoek (near Cape Town) waiting to board our wine tram.

There are upto 9 vineyards on our tour we could choose to stop at for tastings!!!

I think 3 or 4 max in reality for us

All sorts of tastings to have alongside the wines

Cheese, meats and chocolate!!

We will be trying all of them!!

Lol

It's going to be a fun day

• Like 13

Morning everyone,

Another bright but cold morning here only 1° at the moment so I will wait for it to warm up before going for a walk.

For some reason I woke up at 3:40 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep.

Have a good day.

• Like 4