P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

30 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

We will definitely meet up with you in a couple of weeks. Remind me of your room number. Ours is 11530

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

we are in 12618. Fingers crossed that Ian doesn’t get bad news about the floaters in his eye though.

Jennizor

1 hour ago, kruzseeka said:

I really must be out of touch - I haven't heard of check-in for boarding times before.  I've always been sent a check--in time and didn't know you could have any input on that.  Can you please explain - sorry if I'm being a bit dim!

Just done a search and see the check--in involves putting in passport, card details etc which i do remember - and gives you your boarding pass.  I guess that's when you see your boarding time. 

Sorry I thought the check-in was to get your boarding time and you were able to choose - hence the getting in early when the process opens.  Doh...... It is early!!!

😁 You’ve answered yourself there! Yes, do all the checking in then you see your boarding time. Luckily I’ve saved our photos we did for our post 2020 cruises so I’ve just used the same ones. I haven’t printed out the boarding pass yet but it makes it such a quick process in the terminal if it’s all done first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This a photo of my favourite dog who thinks that I visit every day to play with him while I wait for the dreaded teenagers to appear.  He brings a toy for me to play with him, today's was a very tatty tennis ball covered in his saliva, delightful.20240307_080830.thumb.jpg.5407656a99d66696fd5ebad8b4fd31b0.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

Morning everyone,

We have another sunny day here😲 and quite mild too.

Had a lovely evening last night catching up with my friend. Although it was such a long time since we met up it didn't feel like it. 

Nice to hear that Michelle and Zennizor are planning to meet up on the TA, but disappointed that I won't be joining you, as we cancelled. We are however getting on the day you get off, so please leave her nice and tidy!☺️

• Like 8

Morning 4.c this morning and overcast here.

Yesterday was fun and games as we had a internet outage for a hour or so and 

when we got it back for some reason the Hive heating system had a strop and 

did not want to know.

Tried to get it to talk/link to my phone ,did not want to know , most it would do

is link to the thermostat .Even our heating engineer was at a loss to what was going on .

He ended up chatting with Hive themselves who between them got it running .

Never had this happen it just normally resets itself, first time for everything .

Today off to the Hozzie as its that wonderful time of the year when they like

to light up my eyeballs and photo them ,so that's me having the eyes of a

barn owl for a few hours .

Take care and have a good day.🙂

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, kalos said:

did not want to know.

Tried to get it to talk/link to my phone ,did not want to know , most it would do

is link to the thermostat .Even our heating engineer was at a loss to what was going on .

Never had this happen it just normally resets itself, first time for everything .

The retinal photography is a wonderful experience, I always take my sunglasses because I find that my eyes are very sensitive to light afterwards.

Take care and remember not everyone gets to have such a wonderful experience🙂

• Haha 7

Really beautiful morning today. 

Bright sunshine, blue skies, 5˚C and the promise of a brilliant day to come. Squirrels chasing each other around a tree in a neighbour's garden and a woodpecker calling... and a nuthatch on the bird-nuts. The second batches of snowdrops filling up at the bottom of the garden. And the warming kiss of a rising sun.

Groceries already delivered, sprayed, sorted and ready for putting away.

Grey, driech days were made so that we could appreciate days like this one... at least in our opinion... but we find that mornings are always the best part of the day... a time to wake up to the glory of nature and the promise of things to come!

OK... it's just a "nice day"... but we wouldn't miss it for the world.

Hope that all are well and enjoying whatever joys the day can offer.

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, kalos said:

When they do that to me the result looks like a satellite photo of Mars. Well... think it's Mars... there are whole worlds of possibilities.😅😇

• Haha 4

Good morning everyone here is a message for anyone who comes under Stoke City Council. You can now register to have your garden waste collected all year round at a cost of £40. Not bad really when you look at other parts of the country.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

did not want to know.

Best wishes at the hospital today @kalos.

6°C and cloudy here.

Our gas fitter is due this morning to service our heating.

I hope everyone is well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,2 milestones in my life this weekend.On Sunday we are driving to Italy for the last time and selling up to friends who stay there but not owning their own property.17 years and me being 72 this year,time to call it a day and do more cruising etc.We will still visit once a year and stay in touch with everyone we have grown a close friendship with over the years.

• Like 28

Morning all,

A rather blustery day with strong winds although it is dry and sunny, but does feel cold as it's so windy.

Hope all goes well @kalos at the hospital.

Nothing much planned for today, but a nice day for a walk.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The 2nd one is a Davina Mcall long lost family moment at Euston station.In my adoption records it said my mum was born in 1935 and taken into care at 3 years old due to filthy living conditions and her mum allowing the premises to be used for improper purposes.She led a life of numerous   fostering and schools including a spell in a convent/asylum and was deemed out of control.At the age of 16 she was mixing with women of dubious character and known criminal men culminating in a charge of soliciting and resulting in my birth when she was 17.24 hrs after my DNA results with Ancestry I was in contact with my aunt who was born in 1944 and never met her sister.Her mum Ivy,the protaganator in this saga gave her away to her brother and she never found out until she was 20 that her sister was her cousin.There's loads more to this saga but cut a long story short she is coming down from Northampton with her cousin to meet me and a brother who lives in France who she never knew about until recently.His daughter from London,my cousin will also be there.OMG, coming up for breath now..My aunt was devastated when she found all this out and thought her mum was a strange but respectable lady.Wish me luck,Brian.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

56 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,2 milestones in my life this weekend.On Sunday we are driving to Italy for the last time and selling up to friends who stay there but not owning their own property.17 years and me being 72 this year,time to call it a day and do more cruising etc.We will still visit once a year and stay in touch with everyone we have grown a close friendship with over the years.

Happy 72nd birthday Brian.

The long driving takes its toll and selling to your friends is a good situation for you both.

happy-72nd-birthday-7.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, brian1 said:

The 2nd one is a Davina Mcall long lost family moment at Euston station.In my adoption records it said my mum was born in 1935 and taken into care at 3 years old due to filthy living conditions and her mum allowing the premises to be used for improper purposes.She led a life of numerous   fostering and schools including a spell in a convent/asylum and was deemed out of control.At the age of 16 she was mixing with women of dubious character and known criminal men culminating in a charge of soliciting and resulting in my birth when she was 17.24 hrs after my DNA results with Ancestry I was in contact with my aunt who was born in 1944 and never met her sister.Her mum Ivy,the protaganator in this saga gave her away to her brother and she never found out until she was 20 that her sister was her cousin.There's loads more to this saga but cut a long story short she is coming down from Northampton with her cousin to meet me and a brother who lives in France who she never knew about until recently.His daughter from London,my cousin will also be there.OMG, coming up for breath now..My aunt was devastated when she found all this out and thought her mum was a strange but respectable lady.Wish me luck,Brian.

Thank you for sharing your interesting story Brian.

Good luck with your new family reunion.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

Good morning everyone here is a message for anyone who comes under Stoke City Council. You can now register to have your garden waste collected all year round at a cost of £40. Not bad really when you look at other parts of the country.

Not too bad especially as it was £15 just for the winter months last year. Mind you, when you add in the 4.99% increase in council tax that seems to be the standard rise over most of the country, maybe it is not so acceptable. 

• Like 2

Certainly  wishing you luck Brian, with all the exciting things going on in your life at present.  I hope that the sale of your Italian house goes smoothly - and that you will not miss being out there in your own place too much.  And even more than this meeting with unknown relations goes really well.

I am having my own little life change, in that I am sadly giving up driving after 60 years, due to a combination of a problem with the car and more the cost of insurance for next year, more than double the present amount (age related).  I am lucky to have a lovely friend who is doing the selling for me; the low mileage car is apparently worth much more than scrap value, and also nice neighbours who are willing to take me on necessary and even pleasure outings.  I know my children feel that I should have made an effort for at least another year, but  I know my limitations.  It does feel a bit like the end of the road.  (Pun intended).

• Like 23

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happy 72nd birthday Brian.

The long driving takes its toll and selling to your friends is a good situation for you both.

happy-72nd-birthday-7.gif

Not till October Graham,thanks anyway😊.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1