P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, happy v said:

Recipe for key lime cake please Eglesbrech

https://www.carnation.co.uk/recipes/key-lime-fudge

It’s a Nestle recipe but I play about with it a bit. I add in a bit more butter and base to the recipe to make it more of tray bake cake. I also add in the juice of the 3 limes as well as the zest (rather than just one lime which makes it far too sweet and less flavour of lime imo). If you do that it needs to set overnight and you also need to use a high cocoa butter white chocolate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

https://www.carnation.co.uk/recipes/key-lime-fudge

It’s a Nestle recipe but I play about with it a bit. I add in a bit more butter and base to the recipe to make it more of tray bake cake. I also add in the juice of the 3 limes as well as the zest (rather than just one lime which makes it far too sweet and less flavour of lime imo). If you do that it needs to set overnight and you also need to use a high cocoa butter white chocolate.

Thank you. I use a similar recipe with condensed milk for cheesecake.

This seems just up our street. I will try it when I'm back from holiday 

• Like 2

You could put a few pounds on just looking at this thread 😉

If you want to lose a few pounds then the Bet Fred 365 plans a good bet .

Which reminds me earlier I walked past the bookies.

There's a sign on the door.
Sunday open 11-4.
 Think I will have a tenner on that. They were open last Sunday 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, kalos said:

You could put a few pounds on just looking at this thread 😉

If you want to lose a few pounds then the Bet Fred 365 plans a good bet .

Which reminds me earlier I walked past the bookies.

There's a sign on the door.
Sunday open 11-4.
 Think I will have a tenner on that. They were open last Sunday 🙃

We started a new diet this evening. Should lose a few pounds.....68 actually.

20240316_195114.jpg

• Like 12

We are trying desperately.to shed some weight and only treat ourselves at weekends with a pizza and chips. How do you lot each so much and not resemble.Big Daddy. Graham am thinking of you as the main one we envy 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We are trying desperately.to shed some weight and only treat ourselves at weekends with a pizza and chips. How do you lot each so much and not resemble.Big Daddy. Graham am thinking of you as the main one we envy 😉

A bit like us, we usually just treat ourselves on Friday lunchtime when we go to The Blacklake Inn.  I could easily look like a Teletubby.

• Like 5

Just now, Josy1953 said:

A bit like us, we usually just treat ourselves on Friday lunchtime when we go to The Blacklake Inn.  I could easily look like a Teletubby.

We've just and a big clear out which jad made us look through decades of photos. Not a.good idea as we now wonder how the extra pounds.crept up ..... hubby says it is called age ....... 

• Like 11

59 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We are also trying to shed a few pounds in readiness for the next cruise, however we have fallen and have just finished a big bag of BBQ beef teriyaki sensations, washed down with a large rum and coke. Oh well, diet tomorrow.

We have just finished watching Masters of the air directed by Spielberg and Hanks, this has been an excellent series based on a true story, there is also a documentary film out "The Bloody Hundredth" which we will watch.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We are also trying to shed a few pounds in readiness for the next cruise, however we have fallen and have just finished a big bag of BBQ beef teriyaki sensations, washed down with a large rum and coke. Oh well, diet tomorrow.

We have just finished watching Masters of the air directed by Spielberg and Hanks, this has been an excellent series based on a true story, there is also a documentary film out "The Bloody Hundredth" which we will watch.

Trying to shed weight and retiring doesn't go together eh ... help 

Edited by Presto2
  • Haha 12

9 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I struggled when I first retired because before retirement I belonged to the running section of company's athletics club, I am still member of the retired section but I'm not motivated enough to go there regularly so I just walk about 5 miles a day nearer to home.

Good Morning,

Hope you're all well.

I've just logged into My P&O to book dining and entertainment. The entertainment is very uninspiring. One of evening we have The Sooty Show and on another couple The Kids Party Live!

Hope you all have a good Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

29 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Good Morning,

Hope you're all well.

I've just logged into My P&O to book dining and entertainment. The entertainment is very uninspiring. One of evening we have The Sooty Show and on another couple The Kids Party Live!

Is that the kids club?

It is quite dull and damp this morning but mild.

Happy St Patrick's day to all our Irish friends, my granny was 80% Irish, they called her Iris.

• Haha 16

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I struggled when I first retired because before retirement I belonged to the running section of company's athletics club, I am still member of the retired section but I'm not motivated enough to go there regularly so I just walk about 5 miles a day nearer to home.

You make me feel very lazy now Josy.... better get that skipping rope out ..

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Is that the kids club?

It is quite dull and damp this morning but mild.

Happy St Patrick's day to all our Irish friends, my granny was 80% Irish, they called her Iris.

It does sound like it.

That is three of the evenings entertainment in The Headliners Theatre!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Good Morning,

Hope you're all well.

Hope you all have a good Sunday.

I must admit I love Sooty

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Presto2 said:

If I could help I would. Just eat and drink all things that I don’t.🥴

• Haha 1