P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Caullkhead said:

Cloudy here too, no thunder though. Off to Truro this afternoon for a cystoscopy (joy) already had an ultra sound all clear kidneys etc, no symptoms, but blood showing in urine when tested,😩. Watched Queen Anne come in on the IW webcams, not quite the same as rushing to Cowes after work like we did for Oriana with my Mum, but still exciting. Have a good day everyone. 

Good luck today - hope all goes well and it's not too ouch! Jane xx

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Caullkhead said:

Cloudy here too, no thunder though. Off to Truro this afternoon for a cystoscopy (joy) already had an ultra sound all clear kidneys etc, no symptoms, but blood showing in urine when tested,😩. Watched Queen Anne come in on the IW webcams, not quite the same as rushing to Cowes after work like we did for Oriana with my Mum, but still exciting. Have a good day everyone. 

Hope all goes well for you 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Morning all

Best wishes for all with hospital appointments today

We’ve been to vote, so I thought I’d do a *Dogs at Polling Stations* picture.  Excuse the state of her - the polling station is the cricket club so she had a good run around the (wet) cricket field before we went in.

15BF40A6-1885-4AAE-A585-EDB0BFBE9C53.jpeg

She is so cute.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It is a lovely sunny day here at 18°.

DH is currently outside doing cleaning up the garden furniture and hoping that the current sunny weather is a sign that we will soon be spending a lot of time outside.

I am hoping that it stays warm for bowling tonight.

• Like 6

Turned out to be sunny here although it's a bit breezy and doesn't feel very warm. At least we wont get wet walking to the station and then down into Truro later.

• Like 4

A day of two halves here, it was misty and cool until lunch time then the sun broke through and it is lovely and warm now. Just right for a beer while sat in the garden. 

• Like 6

Hello.

Just back from a few days away in Cheshire. The weather was glorious and we were so lucky not to have any rain. Freddie stayed with the owner of his doggy day care in West Sussex and apparently he didn’t bark or cry during the awful thunderstorm last night. If he had been at home with me he would have barked continuously at it. 🙄

I hope everyone was ok.

Loved the Queen Anne pics and especially loved the Iona photo posted by @Ardennais (going myself next month).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Not too bad a day weather wise, cool this morning with some sunny spells, I went to local timber merchants for 2 trellis panels at attach to the wall for Clematis plants to cling to, they said they would deliver mid afternoon which was excellent service at a reasonable cost.

When I left the sun was out, but temperature was just 13C, went to Dobbies to get a couple of packet of seeds and look at some wall baskets which they advertised, by the time I left around 45 mins later temperature had read 18C, very muggy and darker clouds. I was expecting a thunderstorm as a Yellow Warning had been given, however one didn’t appear and the sun returned around 4pm and Yellow Warning was cancelled for this evening. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

All clear! In & out quickly not too much dignity lost, except I couldn’t get into the gown 😂

That is fantastic news.

I'm pleased for you.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

All clear! In & out quickly not too much dignity lost, except I couldn’t get into the gown 😂

That great news  😀 that you are all clear, not the gown bit 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Good morning.

It is cloudy and 8°C here at the moment with the possibility of some rain showers.

I hope everyone has had a good night's sleep.

Best wishes for a good day for everyone.

• Like 9

Morning everyone,

Partly cloudy here but expected to be sunny and reaching 14c.

Had a really enjoyable evening at the theatre yesterday. Caught an earlier train than planned, therefore arriving at the theatre early. Not a problem as plenty of seats to choose in the foyer and spent the extra time with a couple of drinks before the show. 

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 8

Good morning all. Lovely here again today but thunder forecast for later.

Nothing planned for the holiday weekend but there is a new exhibition at the V&A showcasing Kimono which looks interesting. 

Anyone doing anything interesting for the weekend?

• Like 7

Morning all,

A cool, grey day but at least it isn't raining at the moment.  I have taken the children to school and was surprised to see that the road that was dug up 2 weeks ago is being dug up again this morning.  I really think that the various works should be co-ordinated in some way.

Have a good day.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

Fantastic! So pleased for you. Jane xx

• Like 4

Good morning! The sun is shining, had to drop the car to the garage, so had a walk already, the dog was pleased to get some different sniffs including Foxy Loxy, managed to avert a smelly disaster . Thank you for all your good wishes yesterday. Now to look forward to my road trip to Skye at the end of the month with my 2 sisters & mum. Have a great day everyone, apparently it’s a bank holiday weekend so enjoy the rain 🤣🤣

• Like 10

Those gowns are a nightmare, aren't they.  Not only showing your behind, even if wide enough, but some of them really short as well.  I sometimes wonder if they are like that on purpose, to make us quiet and uncomplaining.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Good morning all. Lovely here again today but thunder forecast for later.

Nothing planned for the holiday weekend but there is a new exhibition at the V&A showcasing Kimono which looks interesting. 

Anyone doing anything interesting for the weekend?

We had another thunderstorm last night though not as bad as Wednesday night - which was violent.

The V&A have some wonderful exhibitions. I'd go more often if only I didn't have to find a dog-sitter every time. The Kimono should be fascinating.

Not much planned for the weekend except today when I'm going to have my slugs done (eyebrows). I have micro-blading every year/18 months and this is just a top-up appointment from a previous visit. I usually fall asleep while the blading's going on - it's quite therapeutic in a weird sort of way.

Have a great weekend.  Jane xx

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, Beckett said:

We had another thunderstorm last night though not as bad as Wednesday night - which was violent.

The V&A have some wonderful exhibitions. I'd go more often if only I didn't have to find a dog-sitter every time. The Kimono should be fascinating.

Not much planned for the weekend except today when I'm going to have my slugs done (eyebrows). I have micro-blading every year/18 months and this is just a top-up appointment from a previous visit. I usually fall asleep while the blading's going on - it's quite therapeutic in a weird sort of way.

Have a great weekend.  Jane xx

Well every day is a school day. I have never heard of micro blading. My brows, nails etc thrive on complete neglect. My only particular grooming is a monthly haircut.

So what do they do, trim and shape the eye brows?

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well every day is a school day. I have never heard of micro blading. My brows, nails etc thrive on complete neglect. My only particular grooming is a monthly haircut.

So what do they do, trim and shape the eye brows?

No Eglesbrech, it's a bit more brutal than that if you're a bit squeamish. You decide on a shape and colour with the therapist -  as near to your naturals as possible. You then get smothered in freeze-cream for 20 minutes or so. When you're frozen you lie on the couch and the therapist cuts into your brows with a machine- operated scalpel and follows the shape you've agreed on.  She then puts the dye into the cut bits and you come out looking like you've got perfect eyebrows! It can be a little bit painful when the first cut goes in but overall it's quite relaxing.  Jane xx

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Beckett said:

No Eglesbrech, it's a bit more brutal than that if you're a bit squeamish. You decide on a shape and colour with the therapist -  as near to your naturals as possible. You then get smothered in freeze-cream for 20 minutes or so. When you're frozen you lie on the couch and the therapist cuts into your brows with a machine- operated scalpel and follows the shape you've agreed on.  She then puts the dye into the cut bits and you come out looking like you've got perfect eyebrows! It can be a little bit painful when the first cut goes in but overall it's quite relaxing.  Jane xx

Relaxing! I can think of many words to describe what you have outlined and relaxing would not be one of them. Torture would be one of them that springs immediately to mind.😀

You are a braver woman than I.

My sister gets all sorts done and spends hours at the beauticians but I have never heard her mention that procedure. Her time is well spent as that’s probably why she looks much more polished and groomed than I do. I will mention it to her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

@Eglesbrech. PS. The reason I do this is that as I've aged (badly), I've got very pale and having previously over-plucked my eyebrows when it was fashionable I had no frame to my face and this procedure works perfectly. Yes do ask your sister if she's come across it - I'll be interested to know. Jane xx

• Like 5