P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 minutes ago, zap99 said:

As regards the tomatoes, down south we have a tomato crisis, all to do with lorry drivers

The tomato issue will get worse before it gets better. Apparently it is not just transport. The ever increasing cost of gas for heating greenhouses makes it prohibitive to grow winter tomatoes in cooler climates, there is just not enough profit in them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rupert2251 said:

Thanks Graham. I tried to get a free cake from Costa but I don't have the app, just the card so I didn't qualify 😔

We had coffee and cake yesterday. When we got back we had an email that we now had enough beans for a free coffee. Don't want free coffee, want free cake😥

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

I can't get over the trend now of large portions of items and then giving you a measly half a tomato.Looks like you got a third,I would have sent it back,lol.

.....but look at the size of the dessert bro😋

Sis

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I'm just a greedy plumber sis.In the old days we'd have half a tin on our full English not half a tomato,bro.

I know bro, but given the choice between a tin of tomatoes or a big pud?  To be honest,  there's no contest😁

Sis

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

An hour after our full English this morning (loads of toms).Vanessa our neighbour took us to this lovely cafe for hot chocolate and cream cakes.Note the choc is a bit different from ours.IMG_20211017_103816.thumb.jpg.4daafb27234f49d7a078537f13a5cf73.jpgIMG_20211017_103937.thumb.jpg.a6be27bece632f934fcdffb94147140d.jpgIMG_20211017_104459.thumb.jpg.87144a88ef21f8d6423dced0b39c722d.jpgIMG_20211017_104558.thumb.jpg.a86b44a23b65bf133de6ff774df637fb.jpg

Now that's hot chocolate😋

Sis

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

The tomato issue will get worse before it gets better. Apparently it is not just transport. The ever increasing cost of gas for heating greenhouses makes it prohibitive to grow winter tomatoes in cooler climates, there is just not enough profit in them. 

There's lorryloads everywhere here ,I'll bring some back.I might make a few bob.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

We had a meal in America. It was a car themed restaurant. The side of fries came up in a car hubcap. They have big hubcaps, but there were 3 of us. As regards the tomatoes, down south we have a tomato crisis, all to do with lorry drivers, I think. A third of a tomato is a third too much as far as I am concerned. I would not complain as I am not allowed to. Upsets some folk.🍅🍲

Didn’t realise there was a tomato shortage we have been living off our 6 tomato plants in the greenhouse since late June, coming to an end now having to pick the not quite ripe ones and ripened them next to the bananas in the bowl, probably a week or so left of home grown tomatoes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Looks lovely Graham.
Our son got married there back in 2013

Michelle

Hi Michelle.

Wynyard  Hall, restaurant and rooms are only open exclusively for weddings and events now.

The Glasshouse,Secret garden,farm shop/cafe and Grand Marquee are about 400 yards from the hall in the vast Wynyard Hall grounds.

The Glasshouse has only been open for a few weeks.

The service,food and setting is fantastic.

Graham.

33 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Michelle.

Wynyard  Hall, restaurant and rooms are only open exclusively for weddings and events now.

The Glasshouse,Secret garden,farm shop/cafe and Grand Marquee are about 400 yards from the hall in the vast Wynyard Hall grounds.

The Glasshouse has only been open for a few weeks.

The service,food and setting is fantastic.

Graham.

It was a fantastic setting and food was amazing 

Michelle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

It was a fantastic setting and food was amazing 

Michelle

I absolutely agree Michelle it is an amazing place.

We have stayed at the hall and had many meals there and sorry that the hall is now exclusive for weddings and events but the new development of Secret Garden,farm shop,Grand Marquee and the Glasshouse where we had lunch today is impressive.

Graham.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have stayed at the hall and had many meals there and sorry that the hall is now exclusive for weddings and events but the new development of Secret Garden,farm shop,Grand Marquee and the Glasshouse where we had lunch today is impressive.

Graham.

It looks amazing Graham. Here it was a "get rid of it" day so a random traybake. It tasted OK but wouldn't rush to do it again. I much prefer what you had even though I could have only eaten a little of each I would have really enjoyed it. 

23 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Still as lovely as she ever was to my eyes, Graham. Great to see her again.

We should have been on her in the Med now😢

Avril

I think we should as well 😕Is that the Eastern Med trip, with a new (to us) port in Greece - Gythion, or some such?

Really have no thoughts of resuming cruising at the moment

I typed that yesterday but haven’t been able to post or add likes. 🙄. Ho hum

So excuse if I seemed to be ignoring

Nice looking roast beef Graham

I roasted a big chook for the first time in ages.  There are nice smells through the house

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

Looks amazing Graham, the meringue is right up my street! I’ve noticed your smart shirt Graham 😊

• Thanks 1