P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

51 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

A nippy start here, only 7oC at 09:30 when we went out with a chill in the air, now a toasty 12oC in lovely sun. We have been to Bradford today, years since we last went. probably be years before we go again. Bradford architecture is quite spectacular and well worth seeing, it is such a shame some of our once great cities are declining.

It’s been a beautiful day today in North Wales, a bit of a chill in the air but blue sky and sunshine. We even paddled in the sea at Colwyn Bay 😊

• Like 4

Not been around much, as been feeling low, but have been lurking and reading everyone's posts. 

It's been bright and sunny down here all day to today and a pleasant 14oC and has been nice all week.

Had yesterday and today off work, but haven't done anything exciting, just spent them catching up on various chores. At least I've got all the ironing done.

Work finishes in another couple of weeks as the hotel is going to be closed for redevelopment, so have spent some of the time looking for another job and have applied for two, so fingers crossed🤞.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I’m eligible for my booster jab from tomorrow but have heard nothing.  I asked at the surgery when I got my flu jab 2 weeks ago but they have heard nothing from ''higher up''.

Our 2nd rescheduled flu vaccinations are due on November 3rd. When they phoned I asked about having our covid booster at the same time, which would be due November 1st. I was told that the surgery wouldn't be doing them, and we would have to go to a local vaccination hub when contacted.

Avril

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

After heavy rain overnight its now very bright and sunny. I am having to almost have a lie down after my next door neighbour came to ask to borrow my wheel barrow. Then spent 15 minutes telling me it was about time I had done something with my garden as it let the street down. Never mind I bought the worst house on the street have spent a fortune on it with a dumb ass builder who turned up when he thought he would and then oh yes Covid. Until to day he has never even said hello. I almost snatched my wheelbarrow back. Plus who the heck can see my garden unless they peer out of their upstairs windows - obviously him. 

Tell him if it bothers him so much that all help would be greatly appreciated. 

You don't have to be as polite as that, but you get the gist😁

Avril

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

After heavy rain overnight its now very bright and sunny. I am having to almost have a lie down after my next door neighbour came to ask to borrow my wheel barrow. Then spent 15 minutes telling me it was about time I had done something with my garden as it let the street down. Never mind I bought the worst house on the street have spent a fortune on it with a dumb ass builder who turned up when he thought he would and then oh yes Covid. Until to day he has never even said hello. I almost snatched my wheelbarrow back. Plus who the heck can see my garden unless they peer out of their upstairs windows - obviously him. 

I feel your pain!  Many years ago, when my son was small, I befriended a newcomer into our pretty village (did well in Best Kept Village competitions).  She was a district nurse who smoked, drank, wasn't fond of housework and could quote chunks of Shakespeare - she was quite a character and she made me laugh.  She also had 3 children under 5 and a husband who might just as well have been absent.  Within a few months of moving in, she had a visit from one of our parish councillors to welcome her, or so she thought.  In actual fact, it was to tell her that she was letting the village down by the state of her house from the road.  Mind, you she did have a toilet seat flat against the front window along with all the other stacked boxed 😂

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I was told that the surgery wouldn't be doing them, and we would have to go to a local vaccination hub when contacted.

My wife is in the same position. Our surgery gave her the number of the local hub - she gave them a ring. They already had all her details and would be in touch  with her once the 6 months since her last jab had elapsed. So, in fact, the system seems  pretty organised. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Tell him if it bothers him so much that all help would be greatly appreciated. 

You don't have to be as polite as that, but you get the gist😁

Avril

He was very lucky I didn't snatch my wheel barrow back. His garden is just a lawn and a few bits here and there, not a possible gold winner at Chelsea by any means. Having not worked for a while I have lost the knack of taking someone down very politely. Never mentioned my wreck of a front garden. He is going to get a surprise there as it is being professionally landscaped. Its an odd shape, the drive is gravel which I hate as it ruins my shoe heels and I am the corner plot so its a wrap round area which is beyond me. So I am using some of my premium bond money to get it done and it will have the works. BUT he is not having a loan of anything from me again.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Today's lunch.

It is National Grouch day today.

Wishing everyone a safe and nice weekend.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211015_113237.jpg

IMG_20211015_170901.jpg

I was tad worried there for a minute until I got to the end of our post. I thought you'd had a cat for lunch.😌

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I was tad worried there for a minute until I got to the end of our post. I thought you'd had a cat for lunch.😌

Avril

Thanks Avril.

I meant to post the food picture first and realised when it was to late to change the order of the photos.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Avril.

I meant to post the food picture first and realised when it was to late to change the order of the photos.

Graham.

Chips and Garlic Bread, Graham!  Matron will not be pleased. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Sorry Graham - please don't say it was smothered in cheese!

It was but I left the cheese and bacon smothering but enjoyed the barbecue sauce.

It was the only chicken on the Brewers fayre menu Wowzz.

Pauline had the sweet potato curry which she enjoyed.

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It was but I left the cheese and bacon smothering but enjoyed the barbecue sauce.

Well done for leaving the cheese and bacon !

Matron and I are just making sure you don't slip off your diet when you eat out in those posh Brewers Fayres. 

Please try and avoid the Hungry Horse restaurants! 

• Haha 2

Morning all, my day in the office yesterday and I was horrified to discover it was quite dark when I left home😔 Not happy at all, it was nowhere near dark 2 weeks ago, winter is coming!

Walked home in quite warm sunshine though.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, purplesea said:

Not been around much, as been feeling low, but have been lurking and reading everyone's posts. 

It's been bright and sunny down here all day to today and a pleasant 14oC and has been nice all week.

Had yesterday and today off work, but haven't done anything exciting, just spent them catching up on various chores. At least I've got all the ironing done.

Work finishes in another couple of weeks as the hotel is going to be closed for redevelopment, so have spent some of the time looking for another job and have applied for two, so fingers crossed🤞.

Sorry to hear you’ve been feeling down. Good luck with the job hunting.

• Like 4

The clocks will change in 2 weeks Sue, so we’ll get lighter mornings for a while.  I wonder what will happen with clocks in future - I believe the EU has decided to abandon the twice yearly change … though not this year.  I’ll try to get more detail on that

It’s quite misty here but we have another bright sunny day forecast

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

The clocks will change in 2 weeks Sue, so we’ll get lighter mornings for a while.  I wonder what will happen with clocks in future - I believe the EU has decided to abandon the twice yearly change … though not this year.  I’ll try to get more detail on that

It’s quite misty here but we have another bright sunny day forecast

Good point ! Next time I’m due in my husband is off so I’ll get a lift! 

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Morning Graham ,I'm glad to hear you did not order "marinated moggy in cheese and bacon :classic_unsure:"As that is no good to anyone on a cardio diet. I guess it's not easy trying to avoid certain foods on a eating out venue. Did you not ask for the chicken not to be smothered ? These days if we have a treat I like a nice bit of cod from our chippy I ask for a thin batter that way I'm almost pleasing matron :classic_wink: 

Bet you enjoyed it though :classic_love:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning everyone, cloudy here with a slight breeze, not been out so not sure how warm/ cold it yet.

Two of our grandchildren slept here last night. I booked a surprise early birthday pressie for them today, they are going to watch Man City and Burnley, I managed to get some tickets five rows from the front.Also booked them to go to Fanzone before the match. They are both so excited this morning. 
We have been dog sitting my daughters sixteen week old shitzu x poodle this week as well, she goes home today, think our own dogs will be relieved as she is full of energy.

Going for a curry tonight with the in-laws.

A busy day today for us.

Take care everyone and  stay safe

Michelle

• Like 10

Good morning all bright sunshine here this morning off to Bournemouth for shoe hunting for hubby 🥴 very fussy person he is trying to get him a bit more relaxed every day walking shoes , but for so many years in service he still looks at hard chunky boots 😤.

glad your a lot better Michelle because last time you were having a blip, and having to rest , lovely surprise for your grandchildren and a full day for you today have lots of fun and enjoy your curry tonight 😁

• Like 6