P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

23 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

We have a new cottage industry for face coverings with some really amazing designs that people have obviously hand made. There are even some jeweled ones. It seems that every shop now has an array of fashionable masks.

Visors are also personalised with little decorations on the headbands or the edges.

2020's latest fashion accessory must - have. They will become more popular when celebrities are seen sporting diamond encrusted ones  whilst parading down the red carpet. 

Avril 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

On a lighter note what are the masks like down there?

We have a new cottage industry for face coverings with some really amazing designs that people have obviously hand made.

12 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Lots of funky designs coming through the door but I suspect we will see more flamboyancy as time goes on. 

Andy 

Oh I don't know, we have to make do with what we have .:classic_smile:

I like this one , it's a bit clingy and you have to have the figure for it .:classic_unsure:

funny-diy-masks-and-coustumes-coronavirus-covid-22.thumb.jpg.d109add4a5f162e20331713c442ff7bc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, kalos said:

Oh I don't know, we have to make do with what we have .:classic_smile:

I like this one , it's a bit clingy and you have to have the figure for it .:classic_unsure:

funny-diy-masks-and-coustumes-coronavirus-covid-22.thumb.jpg.d109add4a5f162e20331713c442ff7bc.jpg

I hope you've not joined the paparazzi kalos. I don't remember giving my permission to be photographed while doing my weekly shop.😉😁

Avril 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

2020's latest fashion accessory must - have. They will become more popular when celebrities are seen sporting diamond encrusted ones  whilst parading down the red carpet. 

Avril 

One of these, Avril?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/may/27/daily-star-dominic-cummings-mask-coronavirus-boris-johnson-adviser

image.thumb.png.d36ef6084e40377cb94c95f794d90ccc.png

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Probably wearing a mask - but very little else!!😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Michelle made me 2 masks from one of her old bra's.. 

I will only wear the one made from the left cup though, the other makes me look like a right tit.. 😊

Andy 

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thank you, so far, everyone has been understanding without exception, but I dare say someone will take offence. 

Andy 

100% behind you Andy. I was getting annoyed reading this and was about to go into bat on your behalf with regards to the suggestion that someone might "need" to be in your shop mask-less because no-one else could do it for them. Anyway you beat me to it with your comment "I am not an essential service they cannot do without."

I'm sorry to hear the sensitive news about Michelle as well and sincerely wish you both all the best.

Damian

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, DamianG said:

100% behind you Andy. I was getting annoyed reading this and was about to go into bat on your behalf with regards to the suggestion that someone might "need" to be in your shop mask-less because no-one else could do it for them. Anyway you beat me to it with your comment "I am not an essential service they cannot do without."

I'm sorry to hear the sensitive news about Michelle as well and sincerely wish you both all the best.

Damian

Andy has indicated that his place of business is not essential. 

Damian, so what is your view re essential shops? 

Im getting annoyed reading a lot of people on here who seem to be condemning the disabled for using the law which was put in place to protect them so they can use shops just like anyone else.

24 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Im getting annoyed reading a lot of people on here who seem to be condemning the disabled for using the law which was put in place to protect them so they can use shops just like anyone else.

No one is condemning disabled people and there are so many holes in the law as Cummings showed on what people can and cannot do or where they can go and not go.

I suggest you wear a plastic visor like I do as unlike the masks which I find can affect my  breathing I hardly know the visor is on and it helps me and other people to be a little bit safer from this dreadful virus.

Graham.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Damian

Thank you Damian. 

Your support means a lot. 

Difficult decisions have to be made sometimes and I didn't do it lightly. 

I still won't apologise for trying to create as safe a workplace as possible. 

You can't please all of the people all of the time, but I didn't mean to upset anyone. 

Andy 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No one is condemning disabled people and there are so many holes in the law as Cummings showed on what people can and cannot do or where they can go and not go.

I suggest you wear a plastic visor like I do as unlike the masks which I find can affect my  breathing I hardly know the visor is on and it helps me and other people to be a little bit safer from this dreadful virus.

Graham.

Same thoughts here no one is condemning disabled people as far as I'm aware :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thank you Damian. 

Your support means a lot. 

Difficult decisions have to be made sometimes and I didn't do it lightly. 

I still won't apologise for trying to create as safe a workplace as possible. 

You can't please all of the people all of the time, but I didn't mean to upset anyone. 

Andy 

Although we have never met Andy you seem like a really nice guy and put other people first and I wish you all the best for your business and for good health for Michelle.

Take care.

Graham

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

It seems to me that they are Graham. Some appear quite happy for service to be refused to people who can’t and don’t legally have to wear a mask.  For the goods and services they can access to be restricted, to me that’s the start of a slippery slope back to pre DDA days. Some one might not “need” to be in a shop (and if they have any sense right now they will avoid the places when they can) but if they want to shop then that is their right.

If you read back the posts I have stated several times that I do wear a visor because I can, others with different conditions may not be able to.  Legally they don’t have to and a shop refusing service is subject to the Equality Act.

There is a lot of case law on refusal of service going back to the Disability Discrimination Act (1995) and updated by the provisions in the Equality Act (though there was little in the way of interesting case law until about 1997).

Edited by Eglesbrech

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Sorry if my post caused you upset or contributed to your annoyance. It was never intended to be provocative and I will refrain from any further comment on this subject.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

It seems to me that they are Graham. Some appear quite happy for service to be refused to people who can’t and don’t legally have to wear a mask.  For the goods and services they can access to be restricted, to me that’s the start of a slippery slope back to pre DDA days. Some one might not “need” to be in a shop (and if they have any sense right now they will avoid the places when they can) but if they want to shop then that is their right.

If you read back the posts I have stated several times that I do wear a visor because I can, others with different conditions may not be able to.  Legally they don’t have to and a shop refusing service is subject to the Equality Act.

There is a lot of case law on refusal of service going back to the Disability Discrimination Act (1995) and updated by the provisions in the Equality Act (though there was little in the way of interesting case law until about 1997).

It seems to me as though people are doing everything they can to help people who cannot get out or cannot wear face coverings.

After seeing several friends die from coronavirus and I personally am at a higher risk of serious complications if I caught coronavirus I think everyone needs to ask themselves

Do I need to put myself and others at risk by going into shops without a face mask or visor.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Sorry if my post caused you upset or contributed to your annoyance. It was never intended to be provocative and I will refrain from any further comment on this subject.

Damian.  I am not and was not having a go at Andy, if anything I was actually trying to give him some information. Regardless every one has “gone into bat” for him. No surprise there as he is obviously a nice guy and doing what he is doing for the right reasons having taken advise.

I am not however wrong about this re the wider debate. There are exemptions from the face covering rules, there are laws to support them and there are already rumbling about how those who are exempt are being treated.

Edited by Eglesbrech
Insert are

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

It seems to me as though people are doing everything they can to help people who cannot get out or cannot wear face coverings.

After seeing several friends die from coronavirus and I personally am at a higher risk of serious complications if I caught coronavirus I think everyone needs to ask themselves

Do I need to put myself and others at risk by going into shops without a face mask or visor.

Graham. Some of the people who are exempt are actually low risk but exempt for other reasons.

Just now, Eglesbrech said:

Graham. Some of the people who are exempt are actually low risk but exempt for other reasons.

I know.

My niece has epilepsy and gets stressed wearing a mask and has a doctor's exemption plus she is a key worker but for the well being of others she is wearing a visor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I know.

My niece has epilepsy and gets stressed wearing a mask and has a doctor's exemption plus she is a key worker but for the well being of others she is wearing a visor.

She obviously manages which is great. Others may not be able to.

Just now, Eglesbrech said:

She obviously manages which is great. Others may not be able to.

Stress brings on her fits and she had 2 at work last week but she puts other people first and puts a visor on rather than a mask which stresses her to protect other people and herself.

If anyone is not able to wear a mask there are friends, family or businesses to get them what they need rather than put themselves or others at risk by going into shops without a face covering.

This virus is serious and people need to treat it seriously.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Damian.  I am not and was not having a go at Andy, if anything I was actually trying to give him some information. Regardless every one has “gone into bat” for him. No surprise there as he is obviously a nice guy and doing what he is doing for the right reasons having taken advise.

I am not however wrong about this re the wider debate. There are exemptions from the face covering rules, there are laws to support them and there are already rumbling about how those who exempt are being treated.

I think we need to draw a line now. 

Did anybody learn anything new during lockdown... 

My lip reading course was a complete waste of time...😊 

Andy 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

I think we need to draw a line now. 

Did anybody learn anything new during lockdown... 

My lip reading course was a complete waste of time...😊 

Andy 

Andy

Were you studying at the Clinton School?

• Haha 1