P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

The snow really came down last night ,we had reports of a gritter wagon getting stuck 

on a nearby main road .

Seems weird looking at Grahams "tropical crab looking" prawn cocktail basking in the

sunlight and Purdy's lovely hotel, then look out the window only to see a foot of snow on

the ground .

Same as others a day staying in and keeping warm. Looking at the TV there's not much

to watch either ,same old but the Mrs tells me Crufts is on later and it's got Claire Balding

in it . I wish the woman luck ,about time she won summat 😉

Keep warm keep safe :classic_love:

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

Josy, the scones look lovely. 

Peanut, sorry to read about your spaniel, hope you get the medication she needs.  We have a cocker spaniel that has been diagnosed with a heart murmur that has gotten worse very worrying. When we put her to bed a couple of weeks ago we didn't think she'd make it over night but in the morning she got out of her bed wagging her tail 😁  

• Like 10

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Sorry to read so many people were short of sleep - it is especially rotten when a pain wakes you, or you just don't feel well.  I am supposed to be having a few days away with family in Cumbria from tomorrow, being taken by car, so this means the A66 route which may well be a problem.  I will be disappointed if I can't go, but lots of worse things happen.

Take care everyone, and don't go out in the snowy areas if you don't have to.

Good luck LL,I drove that road the whole length back in 1997.One of the worse roads I've been on.Hopefully improved since then.Brian.

• Like 3

@Beckett still tired and coughing a lot but I’m trying to push myself to do something other than sleep all day. That’s 3 solid weeks of feeling poorly but every day now will get a little better. I haven’t had a flu like this since the 80s. Thanks for asking.

Hope all the other sufferers are on the mend now as well.

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Good luck LL,I drove that road the whole length back in 1997.One of the worse roads I've been on.Hopefully improved since then.Brian.

Thanks, Brian.  Yes, it has improved a lot, but of course it is pretty high up in places and prone to being closed in winter weather.  I think the M62 is worse at present though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Angel57 said:

@Beckett

So sorry to hear Teddy was feeling unwell in the night. Hope he is ok now?

Freddie woke me at 3am to go out in the garden, but at that time of the night I just stand at the door and shine a torch on him as he does what he needs too……🤣

Hi Gill. Thanks for asking about Ted. He was sick a while after eating the grass but seems fine now - asleep actually. So he gets me up and out at 3.30 am,  then sick an hour later, I'm scrubbing the carpet at 4.30 am,  absolutely knackered now, and he's fast asleep! Bless him!!!!!

Have a good weekend Gill - and Freddie of course. Jane xxx

• Like 4

Just now, Beckett said:

Hi Gill. Thanks for asking about Ted. He was sick a while after eating the grass but seems fine now - asleep actually. So he gets me up and out at 3.30 am,  then sick an hour later, I'm scrubbing the carpet at 4.30 am,  absolutely knackered now, and he's fast asleep! Bless him!!!!!

Have a good weekend Gill - and Freddie of course. Jane xxx

Oh no. Not the best start to the day…….

Suggest you both snuggle up on the sofa and maybe watch Crufts!

Gill x

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Oh no. Not the best start to the day…….

Suggest you both snuggle up on the sofa and maybe watch Crufts!

Gill x

I would Gill but Ted barks when any dogs are on the tv - he thinks the're in the room. Actually the more I read about Ted the more I think what a pest he is - but I love him! Jane xx

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I would Gill but Ted barks when any dogs are on the tv - he thinks the're in the room. Actually the more I read about Ted the more I think what a pest he is - but I love him! Jane xx

Our dog used to try to get behind the tv to look for any animals that had walked off the screen.  

• Haha 11

It rained virtually all day here yesterday. First thing this morning it was snowing and settling but by mid morning had stopped and was thawing fast. Virtually all gone and actually have some sunshine at the moment. So all being well, I will get for a swim this afternoon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

I drive on the A66 regularly to go to Keswick and the Lake District.

Quite a bit of the road is now Dual Carriageway but it is often closed when it snows.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lincslady said:

Sorry to read so many people were short of sleep - it is especially rotten when a pain wakes you, or you just don't feel well.  I am supposed to be having a few days away with family in Cumbria from tomorrow, being taken by car, so this means the A66 route which may well be a problem.  I will be disappointed if I can't go, but lots of worse things happen.

Take care everyone, and don't go out in the snowy areas if you don't have to.

The A66 was closed yesterday. I don't know if it has opened yet. Cumbria is fabulous in the snow. I also think A66 going west is a  great journey. Absolutely fabulous scenery.

• Like 4

Yes, a lot of dual carriageway now, and hopefully all will be - eventually.  It is a lovely drive in sunny weather when there is not much traffic!

I think it is open now, but congested, and tomorrow morning will be icy, so tricky for my lovely son to decide whether to come for me or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Sounds like me Jane.I shout at the telly when blokes in West Ham shirts are kicking a ball about.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Sounds like me Jane.I shout at the telly when blokes in West Ham shirts are kicking a ball about.

So if anyone asks me do I know when West Ham kick off ?

I can tell them about every ten minutes 🤣

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Our dog used to try to get behind the tv to look for any animals that had walked off the screen.  

My neighbours dog used to go behind the TV to look for the ball when snooker was on!

• Haha 6

Just been watching the news about the affects of the snow. Some people are utter idiots.

Why are people so totally unprepared? I never drive in winter without a blanket, Mars bar, cracking hand warmers, water, a spade etc etc. They sit in the boot from October to April.

While it’s easy to get caught out with bad weather some basic preparations would help.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, kalos said:

So if anyone asks me do I know when West Ham kick off ?

I can tell them about every ten minutes 🤣

On my way to watch Stoke City shortly. I just hope Blackburn Rovers kick off many more times than Stoke do. 😊

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, pete14 said:

On my way to watch Stoke City shortly. I just hope Blackburn Rovers kick off many more times than Stoke do. 😊

That's at least 5 Stoke supporters then.  My niece, her husband, her son and son's friend are all going.

I can't understand voluntarily standing out in this weather.

• Haha 1