P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

We had lunch at our local garden centre before buying some plants for the back garden.

IMG_20230323_123000.jpg

IMG_20230323_122847.jpg

Cheese and bacon burger with chips at the pub for lunch. Didn't take a picture so will describe it. 6oz beef burger in a bun with cheese and bacon on top....and chips.🍔🥓🧀

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

Booked a 4 day break in a cottage in South Wales just south of Haverfordwest in a small rural community, first venture for me on Airbnb, went very smoothly and heard from property owner within 40 mins confirming booking. 

My new garden shredder arrived today, so the overgrown shrubs can be trimmed back and the shredding used as a mulch rather than going in the green bin which was only collected every alternate week, should speed up the process of tidying up somewhat. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Antibiotics and cream under 20 euro no prescription.IMG_20230324_0913370201226.thumb.jpg.f6287372babfd551bb21c143c05da18e.jpgIMG_20230324_0917274331228.thumb.jpg.9b67e3010c6d9b0434175f2b818a9ac8.jpg

That swelling and redness looks really nasty Brian. At risk of sounding boring, do take the whole dose and go back to the pharmacist if there's no improvement after 4 days. You may need a second dose of the antibiotics. Lecture over. I wish you better soon. Jane xxx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Antibiotics and cream under 20 euro no prescription.IMG_20230324_0913370201226.thumb.jpg.f6287372babfd551bb21c143c05da18e.jpgIMG_20230324_0917274331228.thumb.jpg.9b67e3010c6d9b0434175f2b818a9ac8.jpg

I sympathise with your blister, I tend to get a least one blister like that every time I go to Sicily but mine are  reactions to being bitten! The mossies seem to like me🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

21 hours ago, brian1 said:

Out in the wilderness with an injury.Aren't you supposed to wee on it.

Those were the days... when helicopters were 'whirlybirds' dolphins spoke to humans and Skippy (the bush Kangaroo) would leap off to the pharmacy on your behalf, explain in detail to the chemist what you needed and carry it back to you in his pouch!

• Haha 12

37 minutes ago, Beckett said:

That swelling and redness looks really nasty Brian. At risk of sounding boring, do take the whole dose and go back to the pharmacist if there's no improvement after 4 days. You may need a second dose of the antibiotics. Lecture over. I wish you better soon. Jane xxx

I've got 6 days supply Jane.Bloody big things,I thought they were suppositories at first.They should work quickly as I've very rarely had antibiotics.She said the paramedic station in the village will "explode" it for me,lol.I'll see how it goes tomorrow,Italian medics are not the gentlest people.Thanks,Brian.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I sympathise with your blister, I tend to get a least one blister like that every time I go to Sicily but mine are  reactions to being bitten! The mossies seem to like me🤷‍♀️

Loads of Mossies here as well in the summer.I do acclimatize after a while.The worse bites I've had were in the UK when I was painting the fence,my arm swelled right up,Christ knows what bit me,Brian.

Drives me crazy. I am filling in the  Travel Insurance details online and it won't accept the emergency assistance company telephone number which is +44 (0) 203 4674122

It says Please use numbers only and avoid special characters / symbols

3 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Drives me crazy. I am filling in the  Travel Insurance details online and it won't accept the emergency assistance company telephone number which is +44 (0) 203 4674122

Delete the + and() and try again. It's worth a try.

Avril

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

,Italian medics are not the gentlest people.

I can confirm that one. In Rome they picked me up off the floor, no meds or cushioning, chucked me on a stretcher and forgot my smashed up foot.  I have never seen mild mannered OP move so fast to support it.  Good job he did too!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I think as Avril said drop the +44 and the brackets    02034674122    no spaces 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Delete the + and() and try again. It's worth a try.

Avril

I got there eventually. it is 02034674122. what confused me is I thought the STD code was six numbers but this is a special one for central London with only 4 numbers

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Just use 0203 4674122.

20 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Yes you only need to insert the uk number 02******* etc caught me out too.

I have been for an interview this morning for a voluntary role at a local hospice.  It is a long time since I last went for an interview and this was a lot less formal, more like a chat with a friend.  Hopefully I will start mid-May after they have checked my references.

• Like 14

18 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I can confirm that one. In Rome they picked me up off the floor, no meds or cushioning, chucked me on a stretcher and forgot my smashed up foot.  I have never seen mild mannered OP move so fast to support it.  Good job he did too!

LOL,our friend fell down our stairs in the dark trying to find the toilet.Luckily only 3 steps to the 1st landing.Took him to hospital,dislocated thumb,2 blokes tied a rope or something to it and performed a tug of war on it.He comes from Canning Town so he didn't just say ouch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Took him to hospital,dislocated thumb,2 blokes tied a rope or something to it and performed a tug of war on it.He comes from Canning Town so he didn't just say ouch.

I was taken into a room with 12" thick walls.  If you were over 12 you were not allowed a companion with you.  Three men approached, two grabbed my leg/ankle to put it back in place and one slopped plaster over it.  No pain killers not even Entinox.  Well my language would have been bad in a barracks.  I was yelling "Get in here.. Kick the "*&^% door down" but of course he couldn't hear me.   Talk about swear like a trooper😗🤣

It didn't work as I had to have  two ops, was flown home  and spent a month in two hospitals.

I've never forgotten my language that day.  My mum would have washed my mouth out with soap..... twice!😃

Edited by indiana123
  • Haha 9

12 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I was taken into a room with 12" thick walls.  If you were over 12 you were not allowed a companion with you.  Three men approached, two grabbed my leg/ankle to put it back in place and one slopped plaster over it.  No pain killers not even Entinox.  Well my language would have been bad in a barracks.  I was yelling "Get in here.. Kick the "*&^% door down" but of course he couldn't hear me.   Talk about swear like a trooper😗🤣

It didn't work as I had to have  two ops, was flown home  and spent a month in two hospitals.

I've never forgotten my language that day.  My mum would have washed my mouth out with soap..... twice!😃

It's good to let it all out now and then,lol.