P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

35 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We have recently needed to visit the hospital several times, and like you we have received extremely prompt appointments and superb service. I guess the smaller town hospitals are not suffering the same delays,  and of course they are not then as newsworthy.

I really can't understand how they allocate appointments, mine seem to bounce between Stoke and Stafford, the only thing that I can think is that the consultants prefer to stay at the larger Stoke site but then it is quicker to get scans etc done at the smaller Stafford site.  I prefer Stafford personally but I guess that if anything shows up on the surveillance scan I will be back to Stoke again.  I have my fingers crossed that there are no problems that have to be dealt with because I have a cruise soon.

Apropos of nothing at all (except maybe cruising), just noticed a good programme coming up on BBC4 on Sunday at 2100:

The Golden Age of Liners

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00nf0nl

It’s a repeat, but pretty good if you’re interested in the history of ocean liners.

Paul Atterbury embarks on an alluring journey into the golden age of ocean liners, finding out how these great ships made such a mark on the popular imagination and why they continue to enchant to this day. 

Paul's voyage takes him around Britain and reveals a story of design, politics, propaganda, Hollywood glamour and tragedy. Along the way, he uncovers some amazing survivals from the liners of the past - a cinema in Scotland built from the interiors of the SS Homeric, a house in Poole in which cabins from the Mauretania are lovingly preserved - as well as the design inspiration behind the first great liners.

Edited by Harry Peterson
Detail added
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, purplesea said:

It's quite on here again this morning, is it because everyone is having problems like I have had?

It wasn't you the boards were down showing error message, most likely site maintenance.

• Like 2

It’s part of my morning routine reading these boards with my first cuppa…… glad to see it’s now back.

Wet and windy overnight, but sunny now.

Dog has sore paws and vet says no walks for a few days. He’s not happy!

Gill x

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

It’s part of my morning routine reading these boards with my first cuppa…… glad to see it’s now back.

Gill x

I know how he feels.Got a dirty great blood blister breaking in a new pair of trainers too soon on my daily 4 mile speed walk.So frustrating hobbling around.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I know how he feels.Got a dirty great blood blister breaking in a new pair of trainers too soon on my daily 4 mile speed walk.So frustrating hobbling around.

Ouch……Freddie says extra treats will help! 🐶

• Haha 3

Sunny but breezy day here, boiler & central heating annual service this morning, no issues, annual fee stays the same, can’t say that too often at the moment, we use a local company not one of the big nationals.

Spent morning washing plant posts and seed trays in readiness for transplanting plug plants I have purchased. Leaving them to dry in greenhouse which is at a warm 30C this morning against 14C outside.

Identified a few places on AirBnB in South Wales for a short break at beginning of May. 

• Like 1

Turning out to be a nice day if you stay out of the shade now 14.c.

We took car for a wash and did tyre pressures whilst it's pleasant.

No sooner back and clouding over like it could rain , so nowt new

there then .

2 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Sunny but breezy day here, boiler & central heating annual service this morning, no issues, annual fee stays the same, can’t say that too often at the moment, we use a local company not one of the big nationals.

Spent morning washing plant posts and seed trays in readiness for transplanting plug plants I have purchased. Leaving them to dry in greenhouse which is at a warm 30C this morning against 14C outside.

Identified a few places on AirBnB in South Wales for a short break at beginning of May. 

Roughly where in South Wales?

43 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Looking at Pembrokeshire it’s an area we haven’t been to for some years, St David’s and few other places on our list to visit. 

We stayed here two years ago. Well recommended,  and a lovely walk into Saundersfoot. We went to Dale during our visit , where my uncle was the parish priest in the early 1950s.

https://www.heritageparkwales.com/

4 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Gill x

Poor Freddie. Ted sends best wishes! xxx

• Thanks 1

I'm back from my hospital appointment and clear until September when I will have my next checkup when hopefully Iwill return to annual checkups.  It was very busy so they were running a little late. One young woman was shouting at the receptionist, why do people blame the receptionist?

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Gill x

For Freddie.

Screenshot_20221224_105757.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1