P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, batholiver said:

Please.......there haven't been any right choices.  It's been muddle and delay from the outset - what we're looking for is decisive leadership. Would you like a list of all the failures?

Not particularly, but I'm sure you would supply them if required. One point I would like to make though. Do you think that the main requirement for any governmental post is a certificate of perfection,?because at the end of the day we're all human, and as such are not infallible.

Avril

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes Parliament went into session at 2pm so that all parties could debate the new restrictions. There seems to be general consensus that it is necessary. 

The restrictions are even tougher than they were back in March to the end of January at present with a review mid month onward.

Where Nicola leads Johnson will follow 

16305B64-2716-45F6-B75A-84ECB373EB87.jpeg

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Where Nicola leads Johnson will follow 

16305B64-2716-45F6-B75A-84ECB373EB87.jpeg

When she gives her update at 2pm she already knows what England will do. The 4 national chief medical officers have a conference call each morning.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Nicola Sturgeon has has done her usual trick.

I take it of course by that you mean showing some leadership and foresight. She recalled her cabinet and the Scottish Parliament at the weekend so that our MSPs could debate this important national  issue today.

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I take it of course by that you mean showing some leadership and foresight. She recalled her cabinet and the Scottish Parliament at the weekend so that our MSPs could debate this important national  issue today.

She was the only leader who came on GMB for several months so well done Nicola.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, zap99 said:

When she gives her update at 2pm she already knows what England will do. The 4 national chief medical officers have a conference call each morning.

So she had her crystal ball out at the weekend, when she recalled Holyrood then to debate the changes?

A real shame the PM did not use his before his interview on Andrew Marr.

And by the way Scotland, Wales and NI do don’t need to know what England will do. The four nationals have followed different paths.

I just hope whatever each nation decides to do it is effective and gets the virus under control for us all. Stay safe and well.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

So she had her crystal ball out at the weekend, when she recalled Holyrood then to debate the changes?

And by the way Scotland, Wales and NI do don’t need to know what England will do. The four nationals have followed different paths.

I just hope whatever each nation decides to do it is effective and gets the virus under control for us all. Stay safe and well.

+1.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

The inference was that the UK prime minister looks over the Scottish first ministers shoulder copying what she does. I doubt that is the case. The FM is doing well, no doubt, but as long a folk on here criticise everything that the UK government does on every occasion , despite leaving Europe standing in terms of vaccine rollout, I may have a contrary opinion. Can you imagine the outcry by some on this cruising site if 2500 people had celebrated NYE here like they did in Brittany.?

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

The inference was that the UK prime minister looks over the Scottish first ministers shoulder copying what she does. I doubt that is the case. The FM is doing well, no doubt, but as long a folk on here criticise everything that the UK government does on every occasion , despite leaving Europe standing in terms of vaccine rollout, I may have a contrary opinion. Can you imagine the outcry by some on this cruising site if 2500 people had celebrated NYE here like they did in Brittany.?

But that’s not what you said, is it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

But that’s not what you said, is it.

What I said was that the 4 Chief Medical Officers all confer and advise their political masters. The prime/ first ministers make their decisions. They all differ a bit and the timing is different, that is what devolution is all about. If they come up with similar plans, but at different times, no mystery as we are all a bit further up, or down the curve.

I have been to Sainsbury's today so I am ready for the lockdown that Boris is announcing this evening.  I thought that going today would mean there would be fewer people and it was very quiet.  I will not need to go out again for 10 to 14 days apart from getting fresh fruit and vegetables which I can get from the farm shop.

I hope that I am wrong but to me it looks like it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Stay safe everyone 

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

What I said was that the 4 Chief Medical Officers all confer and advise their political masters. The prime/ first ministers make their decisions. They all differ a bit and the timing is different, that is what devolution is all about. If they come up with similar plans, but at different times, no mystery as we are all a bit further up, or down the curve.

“When she gives her update at 2pm she already knows what England will do”

She planned well ahead (and by the way I don’t vote SNP).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

I have been to Sainsbury's today so I am ready for the lockdown that Boris is announcing this evening.  I thought that going today would mean there would be fewer people and it was very quiet.  I will not need to go out again for 10 to 14 days apart from getting fresh fruit and vegetables which I can get from the farm shop.

I hope that I am wrong but to me it looks like it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Stay safe everyone 

If the getting worse is the way to achieve a lasting getting better, I am all for it. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

You won’t like this then Zapp 🙄

37BA35CA-4732-46CC-A636-EC6CF1201154.jpeg

Please don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Boris or his Government and the advisors and scientists seem to have wildly differing opinions. We pay these people to run things. There is an election in 4 years and I am bored already. Can you imagine all the negatives on here for the next few years. Exiting prospect. All this will change.......Nothing. let people charged with sorting it out for on with it.

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

Stay safe everyone 

I think you are right, full lockdown till ??? IMHO I think it should be for a minimum of a month and that may be optimistic. Get the hospitalisations and death rates down and chance to get people vaccinated. Short lockdowns just seem to create waves followed by more lockdowns which cause more confusion.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I think you are right, full lockdown till ??? IMHO I think it should be for a minimum of a month and that may be optimistic. Get the hospitalisations and death rates down and chance to get people vaccinated. Short lockdowns just seem to create waves followed by more lockdowns which cause more confusion.

Absolutely, but I would like to take DW to some nice hotel for her birthday/valentine's. Mid February .Devon looks nice and a warm welcome to the county will be assured. Won't it Jean? Or St Ives. Ok purplesea?

• Haha 1

Hi folks, thanks for all the messages of support last night - it meant a lot. Was feeling down last night having read the comments on one on line newspaper and though I try not to let it get to me it does.

Have just checked your messages out.  🙂

Today has been crazy to say the least, but we await the announcement at 8pm. Dread to think what it will say as we always find out what is happening with everyone else. For all we know, we could all be closed tomorrow !!!!!

• Like 5