P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Bright and sunny down here now, but blowy. Just had a run over to St. Ives and back as had to take hubby for a scan. Made for a nice drive, instead of sitting home doing nothing. 

Postman's just been and delivered a letter from Johovah's Witnesses, saying that as they aren't able to visit they are writing instead!!! 

Next highlight of the day is my Tesco deliver later today. Got limes not on my order last week, wonder if I'll get any freebies this week?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Bright and sunny down here now, but blowy. Just had a run over to St. Ives and back as had to take hubby for a scan. Made for a nice drive, instead of sitting home doing nothing. 

Postman's just been and delivered a letter from Johovah's Witnesses, saying that as they aren't able to visit they are writing instead!!! 

Next highlight of the day is my Tesco deliver later today. Got limes not on my order last week, wonder if I'll get any freebies this week?

I often wonder why they send out freebie samples when they never get them in stock. One week Asda sent us a small sample pack of Nairn Piri Piri oatcakes. Beautiful, but then never stocked them. A big disappointment.

Avril

15 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Love Toblerone!!! I am having a scan tmoro and I can’t have chocolate, tea or coffee for 24 hours before the scan, it’s horrible 

Michelle

Hope all goes well with your scan today Michelle. I can imagine you now, scrolling through these posts, a cuppa on the side and a Toblerone in hand😉

Avril

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Sixpence from numerous machines on the Underground too. Perfect for a long wait late at  night on the Northern Line back to Clapham Common (before it went upmarket!).

Sixpence for a Cadbury's chocolate bar out of a machine too. They wouldn't dare put machines like that outside nowadays, they wouldn't last two minutes.

Avril

• Like 1

Despite the poor forecast and rain overnight, now got lovely blue skies here. My 8 year old grandson was unable to go to school today as someone in his class has tested positive for COVID. My daughter will be banning me again from helping out, even though I am part of her childcare bubble. She is a vet nurse in a large practice so she has rearranged her shifts to weekends and her husband will cover. I miss them so much.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, purplesea said:

We have 2 deliveries a week from Sainsburys. Yesterday we had substitutions of twice the weight of cherry tomatoes and washing powder for the price of the ordered smaller size. Have also had plenty of free damaged bread, pastries, eggs (1 cracked egg in a box of 12), fruit etc which we were allowed to keep but knocked off the bill. Only downside is some of the meats we would have chosen more carefully and some use by dates when we would have delved to the back of the shelf to get the best date.

My wife likes to go shopping so we will probably knock off the deliveries over the next few months if the covid situation improves as predicted.

32 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Despite the poor forecast and rain overnight, now got lovely blue skies here. My 8 year old grandson was unable to go to school today as someone in his class has tested positive for COVID. My daughter will be banning me again from helping out, even though I am part of her childcare bubble. She is a vet nurse in a large practice so she has rearranged her shifts to weekends and her husband will cover. I miss them so much.

What a shame Jennizor. This was expected when the schools reopened, but don't get too despondent, your daughter is only thinking about you, and is protecting you against any possible infection. A couple of weeks and you will be back to helping out again.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Christmas b4 last Tesco were selling Lindor for 50p, reduced from a fiver.We took 5 cartons to Italy.They were the best ever,even though they were out of date,lol.bro.

It never gets chance to go out of date in this house😄

Sis

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Hope all goes well with your scan today Michelle. I can imagine you now, scrolling through these posts, a cuppa on the side and a Toblerone in hand😉

Avril

Thanks Avril. Scan is at 2pm. Not allowed any food or drink inc water after 10am. I am hungry and thirsty

Michelle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Religious beliefs are a personal choice, something that we have to search for inside ourselves without any outside influence. Who is to say what is the right way?

I mean no offence Purdey😉

Avril

It’s ok Avril you haven’t affended me,  and yes everyone has and makes their own choices in this world and sometimes a little knock on the door at the right time is what someone wants just to talk (I’m now doing something I said I would not do on this forum and that was to talk about my religion) 😂End of now you all know me now my cover is blown 😂

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Thanks Avril. Scan is at 2pm. Not allowed any food or drink inc water after 10am. I am hungry and thirsty

Michelle

It’ll soon be over Michelle.....

Lots of us on here will be thinking of you at 2pm.

Enjoy that cuppa and chocolate afterwards.

Gill x

• Like 3

My husband had a scan on Wednesday and the doctor surgeon phoned him up last night at 6.30 to give him the results, from reporting something to the doctors 2 weeks back and getting blood results and being referred to hospital seeing a surgeon then having a scan and results in two weeks is brilliant, I think these doctors and surgeons are brilliant trying to catch up and checking out any cancer scares etc and not forgetting the brilliant nurses 👏

Michelle I hope everything goes smoothly too for you and enjoy your toblerone 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Two smarmy individuals with shiney suits and briefcases got an earful when they knocked on our door. They left a leaflet. Blooming estate agents.

What you can do is once this lockdown is over  get dressed up as a robber

and run into their office and shout  " NO BODY MOVE ! " :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Hope your scan goes well.I might need to share Phils toblerone with you .My blood test results showed normal levels of the thing I was being tested for but raised levels of 2 other things!

Just now, ann141 said:

Hope your scan goes well.I might need to share Phils toblerone with you .My blood test results showed normal levels of the thing I was being tested for but raised levels of 2 other things!

I didn't know toblerone abuse showed up in blood tests.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, brian1 said:

It's all relative.I'm sure The Clangers think that Earth is a right dump.

My son said is this the rubbish you used to watch?. He then saw soup dragon and fell about laughing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Avril, I know you are right about Jen just wanting me to keep safe. I  just miss them all so much as for the last 12 years I have been a big part of their lives. Three babies in four years after five years of fertility treatment. At that time her husband worked away a lot so I was up their all the time (only 630 steps door to door). I have been taking and picking them up from school. On duty in the holidays when Jen was working. I have loved every minute of it. They are growing so fast now and I am missing it. Moan over, I know there are lots of people in similar positions and a lot in worse. Roll on cruising again when we will have lots of adventures to talk about.

• Like 6