Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Headed back to Atlanta to watch GA game with family. Bella will get to meet Felix for the first time. I'm guessing Felix will be sporting a Georgia outfit. 

TSOTD is Georgia Bulldogs

20210904_093410.thumb.jpg.791dee772c9676902a354f2dffa41dde.jpg

Bella has one as well, need to pack it

So sorry but I think I am late in saying Congratulations if Felix is the new baby your son's family was expecting? I have so much reading to catch up to just on this thread alone, and so many new people here to say hello to. But it's all good! We were away cruising.

Hugs for Bella.❤️

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't believe this thread will ever go away.   If it gets too big, the mods will close it and spawn a Part 2. In the past, a thread that got too big caused CC performance issues, and that is what was done. The original will always be there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Once we arrived at Kakadu National Park, we did a few bush walks to view the Aboriginal rock art.

Your pictures are gorgeous, and, see, in no time at all, you got the hang of it 😁

If I may, and if you're posting from a computer, and if you have some spare moments to maximize the picture's effect, mainly the above, which blended together,

1) post your pictures.

2) then go to the right top corner and hit the 3 dots...

3) choose "edit"

4) highlight the 1st pic and hit Ctrl + X (cut)

5) hit "return"

6) hit Ctrl + V (paste)

7) repeat with each pic.

That way you create a space between the pictures, and they don't blend into one another.

Thanks !!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thank you Dani and thank you for starting this thread.  Wish I found it much much earlier.  Glad you had the experience of sailing out of Sydney, I am biased but I think it’s pretty special.

Welcome to one of two best threads on CC, Friends of Bella being the other one, and thank you for posting wonderful pictures of a part of the world I've never visited.  One day.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

These are the exact issues I’ve been experiencing.  The latest is the one where I’m already signed in (I know this because at the top of the screen it says “signed in as Momof3gurlz”, but if I try to post, the site says I need to create an account or sign in. If I try to sign out, I can’t!  

That was me yesterday!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Your pictures are gorgeous, and, see, in no time at all, you got the hang of it 😁

If I may, and if you're posting from a computer, and if you have some spare moments to maximize the picture's effect, mainly the above, which blended together,

1) post your pictures.

2) then go to the right top corner and hit the 3 dots...

3) choose "edit"

4) highlight the 1st pic and hit Ctrl + X (cut)

5) hit "return"

6) hit Ctrl + V (paste)

7) repeat with each pic.

That way you create a space between the pictures, and they don't blend into one another.

Thanks !!

Dani,

You can also put a space between pictures when originally posting rather than using your edit trick.  Click on "insert" for the first picture, then press the return key twice.  Insert second pic, return key twice, repeat.

You can also insert a pic exactly where your cursor is located.  I'll often hit return many times before inserting any pics so that I have a lot of "empty" lines.  I can the put my cursor 2 lines below a previous pic before clicking in insert for the next pic, leaving a blank space in between.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Time goes too fast!  She was born two months after my mom was killed.  My daughter always said there was a reason she was pregnant with her as she was unplanned.  The reason was she got us through some horrible times and has kept us entertained all this time.  We just wish my mom could have met her.

• Like 11

@BonTexasNY

Thursday we traveled to DS2 house to baby sit, since they were invited to my DIL's older sister (40) henna ceremony.

My DIL's parents were born in Romania, like me (which makes us Ashkenazi Jews), whereas the older sister is marrying a guy whose parents were born in Morocco (which makes them Sephardi Jews).

Can't really say that my in-laws are thrilled with the impending marriage, since there are many different mentalities and cultures between the two "parts". The bride-to-be is tall (176 cm/5ft 9.29 inch), which made it difficult for her to find a "second half".

I keep telling my DIL's mother that the couple love each other, but she is worried ... the groom is not travelling on Saturdays and is eating "kosher", whereas our whole family does not.

Anyway, I took some pictures from my DS2's balcony, late afternoon and then at night.... Manhattan in Israel 😄

Henna ceremony

The henna ceremony, a pre-wedding event which has been a tradition in Asian, North African and Middle Eastern cultures, where women paint designs, or in this case place dye onto the skin of the bride and her guests, was held about a week before the wedding.

IMG_6445.jpg

IMG_6446.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 15

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

@aussielozzie18 - Great pictures!  I've been fortunate to travel all over the world but have never been to Australia.  It is number 1 on my list of new places to visit.  Australia has so much to offer besides Sydney.

One of my daughters and her husband vacationed in Australia a few years ago.When they returned home they set their GPS voice to an Australian accent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

One of my daughters and her husband vacationed in Australia a few years ago.When they returned home they set their GPS voice to an Australian accent.

I had a friend a few years ago set his portable GPS (a TomTom I think) voice to Ozzy Osborne.  That didn't last long. 🤣

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Dani,

You can also put a space between pictures when originally posting rather than using your edit trick.  Click on "insert" for the first picture, then press the return key twice.  Insert second pic, return key twice, repeat.

You can also insert a pic exactly where your cursor is located.  I'll often hit return many times before inserting any pics so that I have a lot of "empty" lines.  I can the put my cursor 2 lines below a previous pic before clicking in insert for the next pic, leaving a blank space in between.  

This is my way too.  If I don’t create space first,  it’s hard to click back in with my IPad.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@BonTexasNY

Thursday we traveled to DS2 house to baby sit, since they were invited to my DIL's older sister (40) henna ceremony.

My DIL's parents were born in Romania, like me (which makes us Ashkenazi Jews), whereas the older sister is marrying a guy whose parents were born in Morocco (which makes them Sephardi Jews).

Can't really say that my in-laws are thrilled with the impending marriage, since there are many different mentalities and cultures between the two "parts". The bride-to-be is tall (176 cm/5ft 9.29 inch), which made it difficult for her to find a "second half".

I keep telling my DIL's mother that the couple love each other, but she is worried ... the groom is not travelling on Saturdays and is eating "kosher", whereas our whole family does not.

Anyway, I took some pictures from my DS2's balcony, late afternoon and then at night.... Manhattan in Israel 😄

Henna ceremony

The henna ceremony, a pre-wedding event which has been a tradition in Asian, North African and Middle Eastern cultures, where women paint designs, or in this case place dye onto the skin of the bride and her guests, was held about a week before the wedding.

IMG_6445.jpg

IMG_6446.jpg

My wife and I are Ashkenazi.My parents were born in Poland as was her mother.

My wife is 5’11 and I am 6’5.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had a friend a few years ago set his portable GPS (a TomTom I think) voice to Ozzy Osborne.  That didn't last long. 🤣

My daughter and her husband have traveled all over the world but never wanted to change the GPS voice till they were in Australia.

Ball tournament update. Owen’s team lost last night to the last place team, but won this morning. One more loss and they are done. Unfortunately they play the first or second place team at 2:30, depending the outcome of that game which is currently happening. It will be a tough one. Either way Owen is ready to go. 

More to come later. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 11