Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We received some bad news but there is still hope.  Our cruise friends had scheduled to fly out of Memphis this evening on Southwest.  They were going to get in late and stay where we are.  While driving to the Airport they received an email that their flight was canceled.  Southwest couldn’t figure out a way to help them out.  Luckily they were able to book a 6:00am Delta flight for tomorrow. They are scheduled to land in Miami at 10.43am.  There RC check in is 12:00 to 1pm. so being in a GS they have a 11:00 to 1pm window.  They do have a 50 minute layover in Atlanta but board again just 3 gates over.  Any and all prayers will surely be appreciated.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@HBE4

Thanks for updating.

I choose to find encouragement in the "steps forward". At least, "something" is moving.

I'm sure that all of us who had read your original post are rooting for you.

It is rather a delicate path between giving a "shout" every 3-4 months, and fears of semblance of "prying", so let's make a "deal" -- we will "shout" (@), and you'll chose if and when to reply 🥰

Kindest wishes crossing the pond 🌷

Thank you.  And yes to the 'deal'.  There always a delicate balance between privacy and over-sharing  and fortunately every one here is respectful of privacy. 💞

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We received some bad news but there is still hope.  Our cruise friends had scheduled to fly out of Memphis this evening on Southwest.  They were going to get in late and stay where we are.  While driving to the Airport they received an email that their flight was canceled.  Southwest couldn’t figure out a way to help them out.

I’m sorry that this happened to your friends. I’m even angry that Southwest did not try and do anything for them. We are flying Southwest to San Juan in November. I hope something like that doesn’t happen to us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, I can only speak for myself.  I only go into Floataway Lounge if someone sends me a link for a specific thread.  I honestly have no desire to go scroll the different threads.  However, since you're homebound it must give you great pleasure to find different topics of interest to you.

Congrats to all with negative covid results and happy sailing to those with up-coming cruises.

@island ladySounds like your land yacht vacation is off to a great start. Here's hoping she continues to purrrr smoothly.

Bonnie you post on the board in Floataway that Dani and I post on .The one that “Plant” posts on .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We received some bad news but there is still hope.  Our cruise friends had scheduled to fly out of Memphis this evening on Southwest.  They were going to get in late and stay where we are.  While driving to the Airport they received an email that their flight was canceled.  Southwest couldn’t figure out a way to help them out.  Luckily they were able to book a 6:00am Delta flight for tomorrow. They are scheduled to land in Miami at 10.43am.  There RC check in is 12:00 to 1pm. so being in a GS they have a 11:00 to 1pm window.  They do have a 50 minute layover in Atlanta but board again just 3 gates over.  Any and all prayers will surely be appreciated.

I have full confidence that they'll make it.  They can technically check in an hour early OR an hour late being in a GS, but I don't think that will really matter.  They should be able to check in whenever they arrive.  My guess is that they'll be at the port by noon...45 minutes to get their luggage and leave the airport, less than 30 minutes to taxi to the port.  As you probably know, it's short ride from airport to cruise port and there shouldn't be as much port area traffic as normal.  Make sure that you have a drink ready to help them de-stress!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Wait! You are on the Bella cruise? I haven't seen your name on the roster. Can't wait to meet you two and so many others!

Yes!  Bonnie had suggested I join everyone on the Bella cruise, and since I feel like I know you all, I signed on and am so looking forward to meeting you all!🥰

• Like 3

The big excitement here today was dismantling & demolishing this eyesore of a 70’s deck.  Next weekend we have both SIL’s here to help get the new posts and beams up for the new Trex one. It’ll be larger with stairs running along the back of the house, ending at the pad on the pathway to the pool.  We’re thinking about screening in the area below the new deck.  DH is a true

DIY-er!  

AFD1B9F8-211F-43C0-BAB0-2818F2ABA209.jpeg

D92F7E20-62FC-43E1-98C4-01191B725973.jpeg

FD580051-76F8-4449-BB92-82E81CE8659F.jpeg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

🤞🤞

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m sorry that this happened to your friends. I’m even angry that Southwest did not try and do anything for them. We are flying Southwest to San Juan in November. I hope something like that doesn’t happen to us.

I don’t think SW has interline agreements with anybody. I don’t know what they could have done if they don’t. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I think only the most dedicated, hard-core CC posters even know what the Floataway lounge is. Most of the traffic occurs on the Cruise Line or Port-of-Call boards.  Most of the special interest boards seem to be low-volume.  Some haven't even had activity in years.

Having said all that, should this thread even be moved, I would think the number of postings would stay consistent as it is a dedicated group.  Not sure how many "new" people have joined in. But number of views would drop dramatically as the occasional CC member looking for RCL specific information click in, sees the off-topics conversations and moves on, will not be found in the Floataway Lounge

HBE4, you are so right, and so beautifully written about this thread.  I am so grateful for the day I came upon Dani's thread last year and "met" so many wonderful friends on here.  ❤️

I wish all of the best for you and your DW.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 9/30/2021 at 3:05 PM, bobmacliberty said:

Loved it when Hasek was the Sabres goalie.  Always felt like they could win any game.  Seemed like both Phil and Tony Esposito played forever.

I was never a Sabre's fan but you have Dominik Hasek. 

I've grown old waiting for the Canucks to win a Stanley Cup.

36 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I have full confidence that they'll make it.  They can technically check in an hour early OR an hour late being in a GS, but I don't think that will really matter.  They should be able to check in whenever they arrive.  My guess is that they'll be at the port by noon...45 minutes to get their luggage and leave the airport, less than 30 minutes to taxi to the port.  As you probably know, it's short ride from airport to cruise port and there shouldn't be as much port area traffic as normal.  Make sure that you have a drink ready to help them de-stress!

Thanks. I agree. They switch planes in Atlanta and the weather is supposed to be good in Atlanta.  I really don’t think RC will slow them down at boarding.  It was stressful enough taking the covid test, then you pass it and the excitement elevates, and then you are about at the airport and wham.  I bet this time tomorrow they will be enjoying the evening.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I don’t think SW has interline agreements with anybody. I don’t know what they could have done if they don’t. 

That could be true and would explain why they couldn’t help them. I guess I should dig deep into SW’s policy to see what to do if it happens to us. Thanks for your comment.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

They are scheduled to land in Miami at 10.43am.  There RC check in is 12:00 to 1pm. so being in a GS they have a 11:00 to 1pm window.  They do have a 50 minute layover in Atlanta but board again just 3 gates over.  Any and all prayers will surely be appreciated.

🙏🙏All will be well, and tomorrow you will all be happily toasting your cruise together.  Enjoy!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That could be true and would explain why they couldn’t help them. I guess I should dig deep into SW’s policy to see what to do if it happens to us. Thanks for your comment.

I like SW and use them when available.  With all going on we certainly wasn’t going AA.  We have flown with them when things were not working but they worked it out.  We like booking early flights on the front end of a trip.  We make sure they have a few other flights to our destination later in the day in case they need to move us.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I wonder if that is why they are not on Expedia, etc and you have to book direct with them.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

With all the magic your wife, the TA, worked out on this cruise I am confident all will work out and everyone will have a wonderful cruise.  Be ready to head right to the SL or pool deck for a cocktail or several🤪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1