Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

IMG-20210808-WA0102.jpg

IMG-20210808-WA0101.jpg

IMG-20210808-WA0074.jpg

IMG-20210808-WA0098.jpg

Sue, beautiful pictures of the bride and groom, as well as happy parents!  Congratulations.  Thank you for sharing.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm so impressed by how nice people dress for weddings abroad. Well-dressed invitees really make a memorable wedding.

Whereas here.... we're very informal....

At my DS2 wedding -- Look at the groom, on the left, and his brother, brown shoes with blue suit & all ( @Sea Dog)....

באיכות הדפסה-550.jpg

beautiful picture, Dani, of your and your sons.  You look stunning!

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Not sure what's wrong but when I try to react (i.e., Like or Thanks) to a post, it is not allowing me to.  It says, "Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content."  So, sorry if I am not reacting to some posts on here that I would like to but can not at the moment.

I wasn't able to post anything last evening....

• Thanks 2

Sue the wedding pictures are beautiful, elegant and show a happy family.

@dani negreanuyou looked fabulous in that red dress.  I would never notice your son's shoes until you mentioned it.  Such handsome young men!  

Thanks for your good wishes for our trip @dani negreanu

@Ozark_Kid

@Sunshine3601

@lenquixote66

I agree this thread moves real fast so apologies to anyone I've missed.

Today I was flattered when my granddaughter said she wanted to stay with us today and not go to camp.  I wanted her to be with her friends but she wouldn't hear of it.  What a kid!

Weather not too hot, low 80s but 64% humidity with no rain is a killer.  

Andrew, your photos are always superb but oh the pictures of those orange thingies that looked like they are dipped in slime or that other stuff I can't mention for fear of monopoly.😝😏  You vindicated yourself with those amazing ice cream cake pictures.  Works of art, all of them. 😋

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

At my DS2 wedding -- Look at the groom, on the left, and his brother, brown shoes with blue suit & all ( @Sea Dog)....

You look fantastic and I love the red dress. I guess I will never be hip and leave the blue and brown to the youngsters. Fabulous photo I think you should crop and make your profile pic out of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Whereas here.... we're very informal....

I like the look.  I am not a tie person.  I love your red shoes 👠.  Click them together and instead of repeating " There’s no place like home" try "There’s no place like a cruise ship.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Did y’all see that a US District Judge ruled for NCLH and against Florida?

NCL ships can require proof of vaccination and Gem plans to sail August 15 with 100% vaccinated passengers and crew. 

Now RCI needs to get its act together.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It is 21.30pm in England and we have just been watching Below Deck Mediterranean in Majorca.

2nd steward Lara has just left the ship hours before a new charter starts.

I hope everyone is having a nice day.

Lara is piece of work. I'm a bit embarrassed that she is Italian.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I love your red shoes 👠.

Would you believe that, actually, the search for THE DRESS began with the shoes.

I bought them when living in Brussels (1983), where, as a manager wife, I had to dress accordingly... Europe, not Israel... that is 😉

Returning to Israel in 1985, the dress code is soooo different. No use for elegant shoes.

But I like them very much, and they waited patiently until the son's wedding in 2016. I carried them with me through different shops, until I found the ONE. Alas, it was long, and I wanted to show my shoes !!

So I had to buy 2 dresses, and they cut them and adapted them to my "specifications". Therefore, a skirt and an upper body, which zips on the back.

It was my biggest expense ever, "compensated" by the boys buying their pants and jackets at Zara 😁

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We got invited to the Oasis simulation out of Bayonne.  What to do!

Awesome!    I would definitely go if I was you.   To be part of this would be amazing.   Plus it's Free!

I wish I had been selected as I think the test cruises will be the safest possible cruise.

What does Charlie think?     

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Would you believe that, actually, the search for THE DRESS began with the shoes.

I bought them when living in Brussels (1983), where, as a manager wife, I had to dress accordingly... Europe, not Israel... that is 😉

Returning to Israel in 1985, the dress code is soooo different. No use for elegant shoes.

But I like them very much, and they waited patiently until the son's wedding in 2016. I carried them with me through different shops, until I found the ONE. Alas, it was long, and I wanted to show my shoes !!

So I had to buy 2 dresses, and they cut them and adapted them to my "specifications". Therefore, a shirt and an upper body, which zips on the back.

It was my biggest expense ever, "compensated" by the boys buying their pants and jackets at Zara 😁

Gorgeous, you did a wonderful job in shopping and altering.    As already said, Exquisite is a perfect description of how you look 🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

You did an excellent job picking out the dress to match the shoes!  A beautiful outfit.  It would be great for dress up night on a cruise!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is our 40th wedding anniversary on August 22nd.

Based on the pictures you share of the life you two enjoy together, I would have to say you have been blessed with a great wife.  I am sure you are both looking forward to many more anniversaries together.  Thanks for sharing the pics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

October 22-28.  One stop CocoCay.

I think you meant 8.22.   I thought it was just one stop at cococay but someone on another thread told me I was wrong it would stop at 3 ports I mentioned.

I wish I had been selected, I would go on test cruise then cancel our sailing for 9.26 on Oasis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We got invited to the Oasis simulation out of Bayonne.  What to do!

You go and have a fabulous time.  AND, you don't have to fly to the port.

On another note, I miss Island Lady's travelog.  I hope it's just poor wifi that's keeping her away.

• Like 5