Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

That sounds awful. I'm not even sure I could do that. :classic_unsure:

@ReneeFLL 

Agreed especially the no water part. It sounds unhealthy. I get dizzy if I don't drink water.

Couldn't agree more.... and it is HOT here.... I don't know what our "founding fathers" were thinking....

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sheal said:

@dani negreanuAs usual Dani, this thread is very enlighting.  I hope you enjoy more dancing in the upcoming nuptials.

Thank you.

The mother of my DIL (I really don't know how to call her, what's the "term" in English) just phoned in tears -- a lot of people are cancelling their arrival to the wedding (due Sunday evening), and she's so sorry for her daughter.

She so wanted for her to have a very nice and happy wedding, after being single for 40 years, and finally found the ONE.

The "problem" is that the groom comes from a very big family (he has 5 older brothers), a huge "tribe", and, of course, the wedding is held in the groom's city, where all live. Supposed to be 250 from his part, and 50 from "our" part.

My in laws are both from Romania and only child (like me), whereas the groom's family is from Morocco, and each parent has 5-6 siblings.

It's a long way to travel in the rush hour of the evening (from our home -- more than 100 km), and it's very near the border with the Gaza strip, where you'll have 20 seconds to rush to the nearest shelter, if "they" decide to launch a rocket/s...

So many people decided to just transfer money gift, instead of traveling so far, and returning home in the middle of the night.

We rented an apartment for the night after the wedding (15 min travel time from the wedding venue), along with our DS2 and our in laws. It's an additional expense, but it's the only family we got....

• Like 12

12 hours ago, island lady said:

Being replaced with Wonder of the Seas.   OK...so maybe not so bad after all.  I am currently on hold with D+ rep on the phone.  I just want same GS for all three legs.  They need to make this happen. 

This could end up being a lucky break for you rather than a PIA.  I think all of the Wonder GS are in the new Suite Neighborhood.  I think they've put all GS on deck 17 with Coastal Kitchen and the SL.  Deck 18 has the OS, CLS, and RLS along with the outdoor suite sun deck.  The suite sun deck looks great from the artist's renderings.  Lots of other nice, new looking things around the ship, like the new Aquatheater.  If they move you to Wonder, like the other thread makes it seem like will happen, you should get a nice upgrade in ship quality for free.  Fingers crossed for you!

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

This could end up being a lucky break for you rather than a PIA.  I think all of the Wonder GS are in the new Suite Neighborhood.  I think they've put all GS on deck 17 wit with Crown and h Coastal Kitchen and the SL.  Deck 18 has the OS, CLS, and RLS along with the outdoor suite sun deck.  The suite sun deck looks great from the artist's renderings.  Lots of other nice, new looking things around the ship, like the new Aquatheater.  If they move you to Wonder, like the other thread makes it seem like will happen, you should get a nice upgrade in ship quality for free.  Fingers crossed for you!

She was on the phone last night with Crown and Anchor but she never came back and told what the outcome was. Probably told her to hang tight,  have other earlier sailings to handle first before her cruises that are 13 months from now.

If she doesn't get the same cabin for all   three cruises it isn't the end of the world anyway. So what if you have to pack a few clothes into a suitcase for the move. The cabin steward will take all clothes on hangers to the new cabin, plus take your packed suitcases directly to the new cabin anyway. Switching cabins is nothing to fret about and get this upset about.

Edited by Jimbo

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hopefully you'll be ok.  I read on another thread they are replacing the Allure sailings with the new ship Wonder as they wont be sending to her China in March as originally planned.

Looks like she will do 7 or 8 cruises out of Fl then do the TA crossing to Europe for summer sailings.

Thanks..indeed waiting for RCI to get the transfer done.  If it works out OK...I may have just scored on this.  Brand new ship...price protected.  😉 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

See if they will be switching you to Wonder OTS. :classic_biggrin: The news of the switch just came out today, so don't do anything yet.....:classic_biggrin: Fingers crossed for you. 

EDIT: Just saw your prior post! Good luck. 

Supposed to do it automatically by the 22nd.  Just call me "blue girl"....as I will be holding my breath for it to all work out as hoped.  😉 

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

This could end up being a lucky break for you rather than a PIA.  I think all of the Wonder GS are in the new Suite Neighborhood.  I think they've put all GS on deck 17 with Coastal Kitchen and the SL.  Deck 18 has the OS, CLS, and RLS along with the outdoor suite sun deck.  The suite sun deck looks great from the artist's renderings.  Lots of other nice, new looking things around the ship, like the new Aquatheater.  If they move you to Wonder, like the other thread makes it seem like will happen, you should get a nice upgrade in ship quality for free.  Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks!  Feeling much better about it already.  Actually now love the idea of going from my GS cabin on Allure to GS cabin on Wonder now.  Did not know about the suite neighborhood.  Thanks for info as well! 🙂 

Still hoping to keep all three legs in same cabin, hopefully if they transfer us before opening up to general booking...we should be able to make it happen.  And contrary to what "some types" may think...having to switch cabins to me is a PIA.  Have done both, and found keeping same cabin frees you up on turnaround day.  Since this is for four weeks...I like the idea of staying put.  😉  It is a personal decision.  If I have to move...so be it...not the end of the world.  But not what I booked originally.  

Plus keeping same cabin, we always let our cabin attendant know to not bother with doing turnaround service for us, which they are very grateful for...makes their day go by faster. 

Will post when I find out.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Southwest opened its schedule for January. Terrible flights from Providence to FLL. This has never been an issue before. Just one more reason to consider cancelling.🤨

That stinks!    How is the airfare?  

We are booked to do a b2b on Grandeur out of Barbados for beginning of February and keep receiving emails of flight changes and then saw new health protocols set by Barbados end of August that are making us consider cancelling and just drive to NJ port and do one of the 9 or 11 night sailings on Anthem.

11 hours ago, Sheal said:

I have an even harder time with ladies with armpit hair.  Sorry if I offend anyone. I know it is getting to be more common these days. 

I totally agree with you.  That or when there is some stubble under there with white caked on deodorant.  I might get flamed 🔥 for this, but all sleeveless tops should be banned for both men and women, or any of the other 200+ genders that someone might identify as. 🧐

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I totally agree with you.  That or when there is some stubble under there with white caked on deodorant.  I might get flamed 🔥 for this, but all sleeveless tops should be banned for both men and women, or any of the other 200+ genders that someone might identify as. 🧐

LOL...another reason to not wear a tank top for me.   Have scars on front of both shoulders from skin cancer removal.  😛

• Like 1

I love to wear mens tank tops to sleep when the weather here is to just a tad warm and do not want to put the air on for just one warm night, because I love  sleeping to the fresh air from open windows, and besides the next day the furnace could be on.  

And no----------- I am freshly shaved.

But what I hate is waking up to 'FALL OUT' of one of the girls.

No matter how fitting the top is, it seems someone misbehaves.

Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Really like the idea of a suite neighborhood, they need to match MSC yacht club and celebrity retreat area both are great. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Feeling much better about it already.  Actually now love the idea of going from my GS cabin on Allure to GS cabin on Wonder now.  Did not know about the suite neighborhood.  Thanks for info as well! 🙂 

Still hoping to keep all three legs in same cabin, hopefully if they transfer us before opening up to general booking...we should be able to make it happen.  And contrary to what "some types" may think...having to switch cabins to me is a PIA.  Have done both, and found keeping same cabin frees you up on turnaround day.  Since this is for four weeks...I like the idea of staying put.  😉  It is a personal decision.  If I have to move...so be it...not the end of the world.  But not what I booked originally.  

Plus keeping same cabin, we always let our cabin attendant know to not bother with doing turnaround service for us, which they are very grateful for...makes their day go by faster. 

Will post when I find out.  

I've done a lot of reading about Wonder in the last day.  Sounds great.  I'd think that they can book you in the same cabin for the duration since ALL GSs are located in a completely different area.  Anyone in a GS must move to a new location so Royal should be able to juggle who goes where to meet your need. 

Here are the deck plans for decks 17 and 18...the new Suite Neighborhood.

Deck 17, all GS

image.png.11a758b246c212e85f9d8802185af2f8.png

And deck 18 with the lofted suites forward, and the single story OS aft.

image.png.8de2b23d2ab697e9ae89c4c7850cf4de.png

The SL, CK, and new Suite Sun Deck all face aft now, above the WJ.  Here are a few artist's renderings of the new Suite Sun Deck, stolen from Lloyd's Wonder Blocks are in the House thread, and originally from some press center photos.

1631721789_RCI-WN-BGSI-SuiteSundeck-View2-200320-RET-CMYK.jpg

1631721879_RCI-WN-BGSI-SuiteSundeck-View1-200320-RET-CMYK.jpg

1631721215_RCI-WN-CGI04-SuiteSunDeck-RET-V1-CMYK.thumb.jpg.484b87f36aee20d47d808d3107f3008c.jpg

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I think I just felt an earthquake. 🤔  We are 2.5 hours late leaving Nassau. I'm guessing they just started the engines and I have never felt or heard a shaking and rattle like this before.

That would be a little disconcerning. I hope everything turns out ok.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you.

The mother of my DIL (I really don't know how to call her, what's the "term" in English) just phoned in tears -- a lot of people are cancelling their arrival to the wedding (due Sunday evening), and she's so sorry for her daughter

I feel bad for her. I had a friend that had a bunch of people cancel last minute coming to wedding. Ended up costing them thousands in food and drink wasted for the no shows.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I was told it will be October before they get this transferred over.  My worry is trying to keep all three legs (four weeks) in same cabin.  😮 

Got my fingers crossed for you that it all works out.

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

here ya go!

Love your thread. Btw, what program did you make your schedule in? It looks better format wise than the one I created in "word."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks I will have to look into google sheets. I love the way you are so organized. Cheers to you.

If you're more of a Microsoft Office guy than a Google guy, you can do something very similar with OneNote.  You can embed Excel spreadsheets in a OneNote page.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That stinks!    How is the airfare?  

We are booked to do a b2b on Grandeur out of Barbados for beginning of February and keep receiving emails of flight changes and then saw new health protocols set by Barbados end of August that are making us consider cancelling and just drive to NJ port and do one of the 9 or 11 night sailings on Anthem.

January 20 Anthem!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

If you're more of a Microsoft Office guy than a Google guy, you can do something very similar with OneNote.  You can embed Excel spreadsheets in a OneNote page.

I have office but I haven't used it much so It takes me longer to figure things out. I've never used Excel and when I tried I got lost real quick. Funny how I can figure out complex video and photo programs but I can't figure out business software. I guess I would make a lousy accountant.

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2021 at 7:44 PM, bobmacliberty said:

I'd really love to switch to a mirrorless, and the Sonys look fantastic.  They still have a head start advantage over both Canon and Nikon in the mirrorless category.  BUT...I feel locked into Canon with my glass investment, especially the 70-200 2.8.  I could always sell what I've got and start over I guess.  The Canon R6 also looks very nice but a little pricey for my skill level and amount of use and $500 more than the A7R III. The A7R III hits the sweet spot nicely.  Decisions, decisions.

@Sea Dog

Speaking of cameras --

DH [background in optic instruments] has spent many hours in the last year looking for his "dream camera" [he now has a Nikon D7100, with a very good lenses, but heavy].

His latest list --

Fuji [all crop] : XT3, XT4, XT30, XT200, XS10

Nikon: Z50 [crop], FF - Z5, Z6II, Z7II

Sony: A6600

Canon: EOS RP

Olympus: OM-D E-M10 Mark IV 4/3

In red: the 2 "front runners" as of now 😉