Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

43 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Electric dominate here because golf courses prohibit gs. We do have two new gas stations now, so we may start seeing more gas ones.

Here is my drive from Home to CVS then Publix. Took the Q5 since CVS is outside my boundary, and its a wee bit cold 🥶

Screenshot_20210202-132931_Life360.thumb.jpg.dc3d45b12a9e88644c724b99ac164beb.jpg

And this ride home from Publix. Top speed in cart would have been 21

Screenshot_20210202-132951_Life360.thumb.jpg.432c5554560c802d79e7a3e00755f657.jpg

43 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That is sooo cool!  Wish we could drive to as many places with the golf cart!  And it does make me feel (better?)...that your "crash detection" was set to "OFF".  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I got my Dani’s mixed up in my last reply😀

I've noticed....😁  No worries.

Hopefully, you'll sail through your 2nd jab smoothly.

I had only a minor arm aching, DH had a slight fever and muscle aching the day after. One Aspirin Bayer later and he was "almost" as good as new 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I've noticed....😁  No worries.

Hopefully, you'll sail through your 2nd jab smoothly.

I had only a minor arm aching, DH had a slight fever and muscle aching the day after. One Aspirin Bayer later and he was "almost" as good as new 😉

Thanks,Dani,I hope so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Very sad news. He was such a gentleman. Below is his story for those who haven't heard about him

BBC News - Capt Sir Tom Moore: How the retired Army officer became a nation's hero
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52324058

Thanks for sharing this link. An impressive story and an inspiring man. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, island lady said:

That is sooo cool!  Wish we could drive to as many places with the golf cart!  And it does make me feel (better?)...that your "crash detection" was set to "OFF".  😄 

Free version doesn't include crash detection or 'Events'

Kinda curious what those are. 

Laura generally has more than me. 😉

Well, here is a list of the events. Locked since I don't subscribe.

My trip to mailbox in cart.

20210202_181849.thumb.jpg.fb4e6fcfae9a9d1cfe6b7cac3edf1925.jpg

I had one event, probably stopping to take a picture of Bella. Definitely none of the other 3

Screenshot_20210202-182235_Life360.thumb.jpg.3381972274605c4a1e34cd7faebcc33e.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Shoveling snow is hard work!5B6DED0D-73BC-4068-AAB8-43C19655682D.thumb.jpeg.816ef7077668a4c0d9a10b927a961ed9.jpeg

I could lay down with these two. They’d get great rubs and then we would all have a nap.  LOL

The snowman and your grandkids, amazing photo. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

Went to the city today and hit a few spots. 4.5 hours and no traffic. Some lines at Costco. 

• Auditors to drop off tax info.
  • Car wash for the Storm Trooper. 
  • My office to drop off and pick-up.
  • Costco. Hadn’t been since Dec1st and don’t plan on going back to hopefully April.
  • Paint store, for supplies. Doing some drywall repairs and touch ups. The addition is now 5 years old and needs some touch up.
  • Bank, because it’s the bank.
  • Marble Slab for Birthday ice cream cakes. 
  • Local Restaurant for a gift card.
  • Post office. 

On a more interesting note, since Owen is now back at school we are out for the sunrise.  Today was a good day for photos, while waiting for the bus. We had sun all day even though it was somewhat cold. The sun just makes it better, even if it is cold. 

90C6918E-5885-466B-8D0D-FD37FEEB616A.thumb.jpeg.1e1dc8f4f80982e2f2eff23005d00cb2.jpeg

9914A424-4EAE-4041-A284-9B2F1F025653.thumb.jpeg.6395d070438decb573e06e543bc8f696.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 11

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Very sad news. He was such a gentleman. Below is his story for those who haven't heard about him

BBC News - Capt Sir Tom Moore: How the retired Army officer became a nation's hero
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52324058

What an amazing person.  If only more people could be like him.  I'm sure he will be dearly missed and hopefully his charity and spirit will continue on.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife received a text this morning and I received an e-mail stating that it has not been postponed.We have a foot of snow outside our door.

Hi Lenny,  did someone help get you shoveled out so you can get your vaccine jab?   Good luck with your MRI this week.

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love your new photo.   I cannot figure out how to change my logo, avatar, whatever is called to be a photo instead of the purple S.

Click on your big purple "S". Next screen you'll see your big purple "S" (upper left) with a picture icon.. Click on the picture icon (profile photo). Follow the directions to upload a photo.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Sorry, I didn't see your reply above, I was writing. Glad you have someone to take you there !!! Good luck.

Can you afford a private ambulance to take you there and back? Are the roads open? Which vehicles are traveling?

Where I live in pa and had 2 feet of snow, business was back to normal for most businesses as they do a great job in clearing roads.   For me the worst part was shoveling / snow blowing our walkways and 6 car driveway.  

During the storm our state was under emergency plan and only essential vehicles were allowed on the roads as they needed to keep other off so they could clean them.

• Like 1

Furniture is slowly starting to trickle in at our new house.  My wife's "glam station" is now sitting in our bedroom.  It's a makeup desk that is a lot like the desk area in a Royal cabin.  Whenever we cruise, DW turns that space into her hair and makeup area.  Since our first Royal cruise, she has been saying that she wants a space like that in her house.  Check.

We've also received a couple of barstools for the kitchen island, a new TV/soundbar, and two office chairs.  Still (patiently??) waiting on the replacement beverage cabinet that arrived previously with a broken leg, two loveseats (should be here tomorrow!), a couple of rugs, kitchen dining chairs, and two beds.  Dining room table and chairs still TBD.  It seems like we get something small delivered from Amazon every couple of days.  Don't know what we'd do without them.

• Like 5