Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good Thanks.

First they took a cataract off and put a new lens in then pealedt the Epiretinal Membrane off and put a stitch in.

The patch will come off tomorrow and I have an appointment in 3 weeks time.

I have 3 different eye drops to put in 4 times a day.

I do not have to posture my head in any way.

Graham.

Glad to hear that things went smoothly.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Is this a "hard" fall [do they survive?] or "soft" ?

A soft fall.  However they are an invasive species.  From Florida Fish and Wildlife:

Green iguanas are not protected in Florida except by anti-cruelty laws and can be humanely killed on private property year-round with landowner permission. The FWC encourages removal of green iguanas from private properties by landowners. Members of the public may also remove and kill iguanas from 25 Commission-managed public lands without a license or permit under Executive Order 20-17. Captured iguanas cannot be relocated and released at other locations in Florida. If you are not capable of safely removing iguanas from your property, please seek assistance from a professional nuisance wildlife trapper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a happy camper today.  SC just lowered the vaccine eligibility age to 65.    So Monday morning I will start trying to get an appointment.  I feel like it’s at least a step towards normalcy.  If I can get an appointment, I know that about 6 weeks after that I’ll have some protection.  No traveling or anything, but definitely a relief.  Many of my neighbors (who are over 70) said they felt like a weight off their shoulders.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Keksie said:

From Florida Fish and Wildlife:

Green iguanas are not protected in Florida except by anti-cruelty laws and can be humanely killed on private property year-round with landowner permission.

Thanks. Your reply left me wondering what's the meaning of "humanely killed"....

After getting endless hits re: cows and pigs, I've found this:

In a letter Friday to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, PETA ....

“If the commission insists on the slaughter of green iguanas and pythons by largely inexperienced and untrained members of the public, it has an ethical duty to inform them of the unique physiology of reptiles that requires immediate destruction of the brain in order to avoid prolonged survival and suffering,” PETA said in its letter.

For this reason only I'm glad I don't live in Florida....

Edited by dani negreanu

14 minutes ago, ATG said:

I’m a happy camper today.  SC just lowered the vaccine eligibility age to 65.    So Monday morning I will start trying to get an appointment.  I feel like it’s at least a step towards normalcy.  If I can get an appointment, I know that about 6 weeks after that I’ll have some protection.  No traveling or anything, but definitely a relief.  Many of my neighbors (who are over 70) said they felt like a weight off their shoulders.

That's our feeling too, at least we'll not get it hard.

Still, many unknowns -- we're not yet "out of the woods".

Very sophisticated virus 😢😢😢  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks. Your reply left me wondering what's the meaning of "humanely killed"....

After getting endless hits re: cows and pigs, I've found this:

In a letter Friday to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, PETA ....

“If the commission insists on the slaughter of green iguanas and pythons by largely inexperienced and untrained members of the public, it has an ethical duty to inform them of the unique physiology of reptiles that requires immediate destruction of the brain in order to avoid prolonged survival and suffering,” PETA said in its letter.

For this reason only I'm glad I don't live in Florida....

It isn't just Florida that has invasive species.  Texas has a big problem with feral hogs.  An invasive species can do a lot of damage to a native population since a lot of times the native animals do not have protection from the invasive species.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Actually , I have never seen an iguana. I have lived here from 1976  to 1999. and since 2014. Although, I don't think they were here last century.

WE have pigs too, but they stay in the swamp, at least  down here.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 2

I don't think I could kill an iguana. They are too neat looking. Pythons, feral hogs yes; but not iguanas or Myna birds. :classic_biggrin: What is funny, is that invasive species were a large part of my career in the agriculture dept., but we mostly dealt with invasive insects and plant species, not something you are likely to get attached to. :classic_biggrin: The animals were Fish & Wildlife's problem. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

37f and cloudy this morning.

So far I have had very little discomfort from my eye.

it is 9am here and I am having breakfast watching TV in bed 

After breakfast Pauline is going to take my eye patch off and clean around the eye then I will start my 4 weeks course of eye drops.

Thank you to everyone for all your good wishes messages.

Graham.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

So far I have had very little discomfort from my eye.

Glad you had a restful night and little discomfort.

And you don't have to "look down" for a period of time, like some ophthalmologists demand....

All those different eye drops are annoying, but it's for a good "cause" 😁

• Thanks 1