Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are old!

Says the lady who has done the bumper cars and acrobat school on Anthem and the slide on Harmony that I was to scared to go down lol

I thought I was bad telling my DH he should wear a mask and gaiter on his flight today, two passengers boarded in full tyvex hazmat suits😱😷

Lucy willingly came out of the barn Saturday morning. 

and cuddled up to the pumpkins before she ate. We had three in-person trick or treaters and dropped candy of at three other houses. A steady year at 6, the same count as last year. 

E10CB2FC-1CAD-4213-BA42-545868680AF9.thumb.jpeg.23498086e2d6757fdb11fc4ed5b153e3.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy willingly came out of the barn Saturday morning. 

IMG_6429.MOV 4.27 MB · 5 downloads

and cuddled up to the pumpkins before she ate. We had three in-person trick or treaters and dropped candy of at three other houses. A steady year at 6, the same count as last year. 

E10CB2FC-1CAD-4213-BA42-545868680AF9.thumb.jpeg.23498086e2d6757fdb11fc4ed5b153e3.jpeg

Your drive is to long😉

• Haha 2

On 10/31/2020 at 5:20 PM, grapau27 said:

Just announced that from Thursday November 5th England are put in a 4 week lockdown.

Pubs, restaurants,non essential shops are closed and overnight stays, foreign travel forbidden.☹️☹️😷😷

Stay Safe Graham

On 10/31/2020 at 5:37 PM, dani negreanu said:

Perpetuum mobile 😢

Always forward. There is nothing else.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, singinalot said:

spent the day in Buena Vista, CO. It was an absolutely beautiful day. While Nate was getting a tattoo, I took our dog on a walk and took the drone out a bit. Between the youtube link below and my IG stories you’ll get the gist 😍

Thought your video was really good.  Add some narration and you could have a travel VLOG.  Having read your reviews, I would add you to the 11 to which I currently subscribe.  3 Van life, 3 world travel, 1 RV, and 4 Sailing the world. 

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sorry, I meant to say my name is Marietta.  I always wanted to live in Marietta Georgia.  I am still stuck on Staten Island!

You would likely be the only Marietta in Marietta if you did live here. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Also in the army, I've served in an all girls unit, and we were always 2 on duty -- some visiting officers were confused by the roster duty -- "how could a soldier 'infiltrate' a girl's unit" 😁

I have a cousin Gianna who goes by Johnny (technically Giani), and a cousin Fabiano (man) who goes by Fabi.  They have each had similar issues.  In high school, after a party, one of my friends asked me to fix him up with my cousin Fabi.  I told him, I hope your confused. He met them together and just assumed Fabi was the girl.  

• Haha 1

Just now, singinalot said:

haha thank you! I thought about vlogging it all yesterday, but the day was kind of scattered. I’m going to try to vlog for our anniversary trip this coming weekend though! 🤞

Im definitely not anywhere close to being good at it like Kara & Nate, Daneger & Stacey, Endless Adventure, Alyssa & Griff...and the list goes on and on. 🤣

I have seen all of those but am only subscribed to Kara and Nate (actually my wife's favorite) and Endless Adventure.  My wife started looking at conversion vans about 3 months ago, bought in hard to the whole idea.  

As far as being close to them, go back and watch their first videos.  Everyone starts somewhere.    

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy willingly came out of the barn Saturday morning, and cuddled up to the pumpkins before she ate. We had three in-person trick or treaters and dropped candy of at three other houses. A steady year at 6, the same count as last year. 

We use to have around 100 to 120, but that was when we moved in 23 years ago.  This year we had maybe 50, could have been partly Covid.  I told my neighbors daughter and her friends (8 years old) that I was packing up 8 and if they came back I would give them whatever was left.  I probably gave the 8 of them the equivalent of two bags of candy.  

Very happy kids, parents probably not so much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We had three in-person trick or treaters and dropped candy of at three other houses. A steady year at 6, the same count as last year.

2 hours ago, Domino D said:

We use to have around 100 to 120, but that was when we moved in 23 years ago.  This year we had maybe 50, could have been partly Covid. 

For the past 20+ years, we've always had the same amount, around 100-125 kids.  This year, 38.  Part of the reason, there were some family friendly safe community trunk-or-treat events around.

More importantly, I got enough candy for another 80 kids at home.  I'll be dining on M&M and Reesse Peanut Butter cups for a week. It's like Thanksgiving leftovers but less healthy and wreck my teeth. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sorry, I meant to say my name is Marietta.  I always wanted to live in Marietta Georgia.  I am still stuck on Staten Island!

Marietta, I was a native Staten Islander until moving to Forked River 4 years ago.  I was born in Tompkinsville, moved to Rosebank as a teenager, New Brighton as a newlywed, and finally to Tottenville, for 42 years.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

For the past 20+ years, we've always had the same amount, around 100-125 kids.  This year, 38.  Part of the reason, there were some family friendly safe community trunk-or-treat events around.

More importantly, I got enough candy for another 80 kids at home.  I'll be dining on M&M and Reesse Peanut Butter cups for a week. It's like Thanksgiving leftovers but less healthy and wreck my teeth. 

The key is you buy what you like, as left overs become yours.  We have bags of chips and full sized chocolate bars left over. 

In the past a big year for us was 20 kids and that was over 20 years ago. Around here you have to jump in a car and drive from house to house. 

On the flip side, in our local town where people walk with their kids a set of parents we know had 2 tables set up.  One with candy for the kids.  Another table for the parents. 

Before. 

E8A6DE3C-E585-4D25-8FC6-12CD835530CB.jpeg.e3fc2594fdbb6f58a42545545c979e5c.jpeg

After.

7A4ECFA4-6480-40AA-B7D9-E296A7423639.jpeg.fd8f5b8fe9001b79796ef84c6248fb1b.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Marietta, I was a native Staten Islander until moving to Forked River 4 years ago. 

30 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We pass Forked River all the time on the way to Atlantic City!  I will wave to you next trip🤪

It's a  3 1/2 hour drive for me on my annual trip to Beach Haven, LBI.  Forked River is always my last *ahem* rest area break just before getting off the Garden State Parkway. 🙂

• Like 1