Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Since I typed that we have already had another inch with rain ending in a couple hours. There are FB and Twitter reports of roads flooded, closed and a state of emergency declared for an area 30 minutes away from us.

Morning will tell is all us all. We already told Owen that he might not have school tomorrow as the buses would be running before roads can be inspected by the road supervisor.  If this rain was snow it would be a disaster with the strong winds.

Not sure about an arch, I hope, but there is also a passenger train stopped in our local community as they is too much water at the river crossings to continue safely. 

I hope you woke up to a morning better than yesterday.    Suppose to start raining here by noon, now saying 2 to 3 inches will fall by this evening.  Ugghh!

I hope and pray that all the people still cleaning/drying out their homes from the last big storm are not impacted.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning everyone.

It is currently 62°F cloudy and very windy.

I hope everyone has a nice day. Take care and keep yourselves safe 😷.

Graham.

Good morning.  It’s only 55°F and sunny here in Arkansas.  I believe I will let it warm up a bit before going out!

Have a great day! 😊 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, island lady said:

Was another day of "instant sweat" here in Central Florida yesterday.   

It finally cooled down to the 60’s last night here in NW Florida.  First night of the season to sleep with the windows open.  Hopefully it stays like this the rest of the year.  Just one of the reasons I love this part of Florida, the ability to turn off the ac and open window for several months of the year. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, island lady said:

Was another day of "instant sweat" here in Central Florida yesterday.   But we did not get the daily deluge of rain for a change.  We are soooo saturated here....the woods are swamps right now.  Makes the humidity that much worse, and mosquitoes are loving it.  Ouch...swat...ouch...ouch!!  😮 

Today, however...going to try to get out with the kayaks, spend a bit of time on the beach, and have a picnic.  Gambling that the rain and storms are friendly to us today, keeping their distance until after we get back home for happy hour.  😉 

Mosquitoes get bad here too.  Hard to sit on the deck as the sun is going down but I think we found a solution!  We finally found a constructor to replace our deck.  We are going to replace the old one with composite decking to reduce maintenance.  He is also going to add a new section that we will screen in, We will extend the original deck and leave it open.  He is supposed to show up this morning to finalize the plans,

It’s been a while since I been out in the kayak.  Might be a nice day to go crappie fishing,

• Like 2

Garage/Mancave update.

Well, there isn't one.

Due to the significant amounts of rain, and wet ground the contractor cannot back fill the footers and block wall with the soggy, mushy, dirt.

So we have what looks like a Mayan ruin,  Hey kinda reminds me of Mexico.......not.

Today the contractor who visits daily to check on status thinks after this rain IF a dryout occurs he could start working again in a week to 10 days.

Frustrated, but we want it done right.

BND, welcome back I saw you posted somewhere, did miss you.  We used to do a Pilgrimage to OC Maryland every August and stayed at the Princess Royale on the beach.  Miss going there, but cruising is better, well when we cruise.

Take care.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Not far off kids and the box a gift comes in. 🙂

That is funny.  I was about to say the same thing then saw your post. 😂. Sometimes we can spend time picking out the perfect gift when we should of put more time picking out the box! 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just a small break during hurricane season, from water to land.  I like his last RV Doodles where he ate the 72oz steak in Texas.  I mean, he tried to eat. 😀

I watched that episode and thought there is no way. At least he had leftovers. I know I could not eat that much.

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I like when Taylor is on board. Some Canadian content. 

I agree Taylor was my favorite. Meagan second. I watch Taylor's channel now.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Today, however...going to try to get out with the kayaks, spend a bit of time on the beach, and have a picnic.  Gambling that the rain and storms are friendly to us today, keeping their distance until after we get back home for happy hour.  😉 

Sounds like a grand day. Enjoy yourself!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Mama Mia tonight. First time for me in any format. Saw none of the movies. I think I’ll recognize many of the songs. Micheline gave me the basic story line so I won’t be lost. 

My my how can I believe you!

I. LOVE. MAMA MIA! Seen it many many times on board and elsewhere and never get tired of it. Here I go again!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

It finally cooled down to the 60’s last night here in NW Florida.  First night of the season to sleep with the windows open.  Hopefully it stays like this the rest of the year.  Just one of the reasons I love this part of Florida, the ability to turn off the ac and open window for several months of the year. 

Sigh...sniff sniff.   Was supposed to be there right now!  😞 

Love, love the area.  We may still be able to salvage some of our trip...but won't know anything until we can get the ailing Land Yacht in to be looked at.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Keksie said:

When you buy a bunch of kitten toys and all she wants to play with is a ball of paper.  Sigh.

1472656189_Samantha2.thumb.jpeg.5985dd49579ed824d0842c0447cff93c.jpeg

We would give the girls wrapped presents of toys, cat nip, treats...etc.   And same thing...they just wanted to play with the boxes and wrappings.  😉  

Samantha looks soooooo precious...and soon to be a big girl! 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Mosquitoes get bad here too.  Hard to sit on the deck as the sun is going down but I think we found a solution!  We finally found a constructor to replace our deck.  We are going to replace the old one with composite decking to reduce maintenance.  He is also going to add a new section that we will screen in, We will extend the original deck and leave it open.  He is supposed to show up this morning to finalize the plans,

It’s been a while since I been out in the kayak.  Might be a nice day to go crappie fishing,

No way could sit outside without our screen enclosure in the court yard in front...or the back "Florida Room" with big windows and screens.  

Right now though...happy hour has windows closed and has the AC on in the back porch.  😉 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

or the back "Florida Room" with big windows and screens.  

This brought a memory back.  While visiting my dad in Venice fl, I noticed all the screened in swimming pools.  When I asked why, he showed me a pic of a large gator 🐊 that had been in the back yard.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

This one is for you @lenquixote66

BC290355-0E15-4A5E-BFD4-6A98044CE5D4.thumb.jpeg.3e7d9c1a5515e3ce2b53fe20cbdbd837.jpeg

And on for @harryfat1

EE44C284-ADE6-4429-94A5-BD77ED9A34F2.thumb.jpeg.964db23cd7f137c26121c18c0805bb5d.jpeg

No pics for @Sea Dog but a sincere thank you for recommending Gulmohar’s. I was like a kid in a candy store. Should have taken a picture of the wall of Bourbon. They had just about everything, except Pappy (they do get it occasionally). Prices were great. Original Blanton’s for $75…better than the ships duty free. Sold. They also had gold for $135 and Straight from the Barrel and Special Reserve. They were a little over $200, don’t recall the specific price. I also picked up a Jefferson’s Ocean for $85. Lots of great deals on stuff that I can get at home (e.g a liter of Buffalo Trace for $20) but I decided to only buy what I can’t get at home. Micheline had to drag me away. Gives me a good reason to look forward to the end of the cruise. 

edit:  oops. Forgot the pics. 

• Like 1

TSOTD is from SNL (not a cruise line)

I was at the very first show of SNL.In Feb.2020 my wife and I were at an engagement party.One of the guests is the SNL Talent Coordinator.I introduced myself to her and told he I was at the first show.She said I was the only audience member she ever met who was there.

• Like 1