Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

When we lived in NY I used to drive up to my neighbor's house for coffee and chat quite often.  Did I mention she lived 4 houses away on my block?  Well, her house was on a hill and walking up had me huffing and puffing.  This was approx. 30 years ago. 🤣

How is Eric feeling?  Hopefully, by now, much or all better.

The best news about my Jen's friend Jen is that she was discharged from the hospital, with her new heart working beautifully.  We are all so thankful.

@A&L_OntAndrew and Lisa, have a fabulous vacation.

I still drive down the hill to get my mail. The slope is ~ 30° .  I drive down every other day because of what it costs for gas in CA.  I can’t afford to do it more often😁.  It is with great shame that I admit my mid-80 yo neighbor walks it.  

My house is in a good location , I get to watch the fireworks at SeaWorld and at the embarcadero on the 4th.   Better yet , we’re within sight of our hospital where the knee surgery is going to happen.   

• Like 6

On 4/5/2022 at 3:28 PM, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

My follow up BCC op appointment went well at the hospital this afternoon.

The consultant confirmed it was a BCC they cut out and it was 

9mm × 3mm and they had taken an extra 3mm away around the cancer.

She was happy with the healing.

Graham.

Happy to hear it went well. Mike had some cancer removed the other day and now has 14 stitches on the side of his head. 🤕

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

The best news about my Jen's friend Jen is that she was discharged from the hospital, with her new heart working beautifully.  We are all so thankful.

@A&L_OntAndrew and Lisa, have a fabulous vacation.

That’s good to hear that she was discharged. May her new heart continue to be healthy.

+1 for Andrew and Lisa.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Happy to hear it went well. Mike had some cancer removed the other day and now has 14 stitches on the side of his head. 🤕

That’s good to hear that she was discharged. May her new heart continue to be healthy.

+1 for Andrew and Lisa.

Sending Mike best wishes that he is well and his skin heals well after the stitches are removed.

Graham.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks Dani.  This should answer all. We are headed back to where our last vacation was, in January of 2020. It’s been 27 months since Lisa and I have been this far from home, and we haven’t even boarded the plane. 😂

04A55F30-6E2C-44C5-8D46-EE7DE52DA360.thumb.jpeg.a64ed71482092e3e5a497d027ba8ddba.jpeg

C1C271FF-0717-4A78-99F5-B227A4DAB2FF.thumb.jpeg.7d9badbcff0a1fa808999fc0cfce05c7.jpeg

How lovely, always wanted to go to a Sandals resort. Have a great time 

It is weird travelling abroad after such a long break but I'm glad we've dipped our toe in the water. It helped that no tests for vaxxed were necessary either in Dubai or UK 

Hopefully more countries will go down this route 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

An indication of the weather we have had over the past couple of days in Sydney.  Waterfalls blown upwards near cliff top homes in Dover Heights, Sydney.  Had to get a PCR test in torrential rain yesterday.  Thankfully negative.  Just a heavy cold. Binge watched Season 2 of Bridgerton and the new doco on Jimmy Saville on Netflix.  Tomorrow will be more rain so another good day for taking it easy at home.

84568612-BDE0-4036-B703-1B58B75F7D69.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 10

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, we went to a Keg way back in 2008 at Niagara Falls in our hotel it was very good.  We went up to visit a couple who we met at the Captain’s table on the Navigator of the Seas.  Captain Rick Sullivan was friends with a fire captain in Toronto (they were in the Merchant Marine school together), and had taken the TA with us.  We met them in 2007 on the TA… hit it off perfectly, they invited us to visit their home the next year.  We had met Captain Rick in Tahiti in 2003 on the Legend of the Seas TP, and we did a dolphin encounter with him and his wife in Moorea.  So, when he showed up at the Meet and Mingle, I said, I know you don’t remember but we met at that excursion.  He shook my hand and assured me we remembered.  When I got back to the cabin my wife was excitedly telling me we had been invited to the Captains table for dinner tonight.  

Memories…. So where exactly are you going?

jc

That’s the great thing about cruising. You get to meet people from all over. We have become cruise friends with Captain Johnny over the years. It’s more like friends until we see you again. Last time we were together we had dinner at Jamie’s on Harmony. 

As for the Keg you are at, I bet it was the one in the Embassy Suites with the view of the falls. When @Yorkvillain came to visit us we took him there. I think he might still dream of it. He loved the lobster wrapped in bacon appetizers.  

As for where, Barbados is our destination. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That’s the great thing about cruising. You get to meet people from all over. We have become cruise friends with Captain Johnny over the years. It’s more like friends until we see you again. Last time we were together we had dinner at Jamie’s on Harmony. 

As for the Keg you are at, I bet it was the one in the Embassy Suites with the view of the falls. When @Yorkvillain came to visit us we took him there. I think he might still dream of it. He loved the lobster wrapped in bacon appetizers.  

As for where, Barbados is our destination. 

You mentioned Capt. Johnny, is that Johnny Faevelen. Harmony ? Was talking to him on Facebook. Back In May of 2021 he was asking for me to send him Money. It was really weird, wondered if he asked you the same?

It was either his Mother or Wife was sick and needed to send her money. It was really weird, now when I go to look at the conversation all his conversation and now his Profile can't even be found.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I don't think it is a size issue.   When I click on add file or the paperclip it simply blinks then does nothing.

Sorry we get to meet on Anthem.   I kept looking for a blonde with freckles.   Hope you enjoyed your cruise🤩

I just saw a typo.   Meant to say sorry we did Not get to meet on Anthem

• Like 2

11 hours ago, helen haywood said:

When I bought my first Suburban and went to fill it up…the gas kept pumping and pumping and pumping…gas was pricey then…total was over $100 and rising.  I thought “There must be a leak in the gas tank!”  Did not  know it had a double tank…held over 40 gallons.  I made sure to never let it get below half a tank!

Our mid 90s Suburban held 42 gallons of gas.  I remember going to a gas station and the pump automatically shut off when it reached $50.  Gas was somewhere around $1.50 per gallon at the time.  The thinking as probably the only way anyone could still be pumping gas at $50 was if the nozzle fell out and gas was pumping onto the ground.  I loved that truck. Could fit a 4X8 sheet of plywood in the back laying flat.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks Dani.  This should answer all. We are headed back to where our last vacation was, in January of 2020. It’s been 27 months since Lisa and I have been this far from home, and we haven’t even boarded the plane. 😂

04A55F30-6E2C-44C5-8D46-EE7DE52DA360.thumb.jpeg.a64ed71482092e3e5a497d027ba8ddba.jpeg

C1C271FF-0717-4A78-99F5-B227A4DAB2FF.thumb.jpeg.7d9badbcff0a1fa808999fc0cfce05c7.jpeg

Have a great trip Andrew (and Lisa)!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie is feeling better thanks.  My daughter and granddaughter have been on 8 cruises, they love them.  The Oasis is going to really impress them though!!

Thats great Charlie is feeling better..

Even though it's the same itinerary we just did 2 weeks, we are excited to try a new ship to us.  I think I will like how the solarium has an open area.  

I am sure they will be Wow'd by everything the ship has to offer.

If unsure what to do in Nassau I highly recommend a trip to Clifton Heights National Park we had an amazing day there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You mentioned Capt. Johnny, is that Johnny Faevelen. Harmony ? Was talking to him on Facebook. Back In May of 2021 he was asking for me to send him Money. It was really weird, wondered if he asked you the same?

It was either his Mother or Wife was sick and needed to send her money. It was really weird, now when I go to look at the conversation all his conversation and now his Profile can't even be found.

Fake account. A bunch of them. He is only on Twitter and there a lots of fake ones there too.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

How is Eric feeling?  Hopefully, by now, much or all better.

Thank you for asking  Eric is much better.   Still has some congestion with mild cough but that shall pass.  

That is the Best news!    She has been through the worst and brighter happier days are here for many many years for her🥰

• Like 4

10 hours ago, akcruz said:

Not advocating for Myrtle but depending on which bike week you were at it could have been one of the worst times to go.  We leave and go north during the big one that is usually around memorial day.  We have been here almost 6 years and have seen it go from a somewhat sleepy area in the off season to a year round destination.  Covid definitely had something to do with that. 

Same for LBI.   The island was packed the last 2 years.   I have never seen that many people off season and prime summer was crazy busy.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Poor guy!  That sounds painful.   Did they have to shave a lot of hair off?

I have a Mohs procedure scheduled next week for a tiny spot right under my eye.   I used florouracil cream for some other areas but they didn't want me putting the cream that close to my eye.  

• Like 1

I'm still catching up on my recordings.  Just watched BD sailing episode 5.   Gary and Daisy kissing in hot tub.  Oh no!  

Reminds me of story I heard on Anthem of a 40 something woman who was chasing after a 19 yr boy the 2nd week and ended up having some hot sex in hot tub and security broke them and told them to use a cabin.   @mets07 did you hear or see that story?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

How lovely, always wanted to go to a Sandals resort. Have a great time 

It is weird travelling abroad after such a long break but I'm glad we've dipped our toe in the water. It helped that no tests for vaxxed were necessary either in Dubai or UK 

Hopefully more countries will go down this route 

We love Sandals resorts , high end , good food,( better than mdr) top shelf drinks , swim up bars . Only issue is entertainment isn’t as good as cruise ships. 

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm still catching up on my recordings.  Just watched BD sailing episode 5.   Gary and Daisy kissing in hot tub.  Oh no!  

Reminds me of story I heard on Anthem of a 40 something woman who was chasing after a 19 yr boy the 2nd week and ended up having some hot sex in hot tub and security broke them and told them to use a cabin.   @mets07 did you hear or see that story?

Did not hear that one although it does not surprise me. We observed a similar incident many years ago on another ship, but both participants were about 19 years old. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same for LBI.   The island was packed the last 2 years.   I have never seen that many people off season and prime summer was crazy busy.  

With many of the international locations closed and trips like cruising limited everyone was flocking the local beaches.  Have heard hotel booking in Myrtle Beach area are down this year, maybe people are expanding travel options. Our season goes from March thru November with spring and fall being heavy golf bookings. 

• Like 1