Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thank you for the all support and prayers for my Mom and me the other day.  My Mom had her additional MRI yesterday and we are still waiting for the results of that and the neurosurgery referral.  After discussions with my DH, son, Mom and most of my siblings, we are going to take our cruise to Alaska.  I am almost packed and my DH will throw his stuff together when he gets home from work tonight.  Car service is picking us up at 5am tomorrow morning😵  We will have a couple of days in Seattle before we board Quantum on Monday.  We tested last night to make sure we are negative and will test for the cruise once we get to Seattle since we can't test until tomorrow.  Hopefully, I have remembered most of what we need.  I do have the important stuff: passport, money, vaccine card, credit cards, Arrive Can QR code, set sail pass and boarding pass.   If I forget it, I will just buy it when I get there. 😄 

Enjoy! Things will be fine at home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sail time in 5 minutes, 4:30 ship time. but I bet it will be later.  Captain just announced 108 have yet to finish the muster drill.  They said they are shutting it down at 4:30.  Might take time to kick them off.

Have a wonderful time!    We loved the Ovation Alaska cruise.  Let’s try Ovation Hawaii again next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sail time in 5 minutes, 4:30 ship time. but I bet it will be later.  Captain just announced 108 have yet to finish the muster drill.  They said they are shutting it down at 4:30.  Might take time to kick them off.

What is with people!!  Muster drill is so easy but yet every sailing has announcements for those last minute people that cannot follow simple directions.   

• Like 5

@Sea Dog Charlie and Lizzy have that we are innocent look perfected . Let’s blame it on the new guy .  

Really having a hard time keeping up with all the postings.  

Happy cruising to those setting sail.  I wish I could join you. 

Wishing successful outcomes to those undergoing medical procedures.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have had these announcements on every sailing but never heard anyone called by name. Do you really think they disembark people? We have never sailed late because of it and imagine they have to do a late mandatory drill, just like the people that missed the muster drill in the past through late arrival or voluntary avoidance.

It was announced from one ship that your set sail account wasn’t activated until the drill was completed which seems like a reasonable idea.

• Like 3

It’s Friday night cocktails and Below Deck night. I’m continuing to experiment with an espresso martini when I don’t have an espresso machine. Here is what I came up with and OMG this is the bomb.

FF5560ED-B67E-4EA7-888A-AB46980FDCFE.thumb.jpeg.3345934e8cdaf9ad44a6df3097eb3555.jpeg

Sea Dogs Espresso Martini

Mr Black 1oz

Vodka 1oz or 1oz cognac

Demerara Syrup 1/4 oz

1oz cold brew concentrate 

1/4 oz Skinny Syrup “Salted Dark Chocolate Espresso”

Zest of 1 slice of orange

Shake hard 35 seconds 

fill cold martini glass

Great flavor. Try it it will not disappoint.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What is with people!!  Muster drill is so easy but yet every sailing has announcements for those last minute people that cannot follow simple directions.   

Before we even in the terminal doors we were done with the muster drill on the app ans once on ship it was least than 2 minutes once we made it to the station. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As Maryann said @Luckynana I am also very tired of this weather.    Yesterday was okay with some short periods of sun but today is periods of rain (very heavy rain just a bit ago).     And tomorrow is more of the same.   Come on now Sun - we all have yard work and flowers to plant (and weeds to pick).     

The mortgage biz has been very slow this Spring due to the big increase in interest rates this year.   Still have very low amount of homes for sale just about everywhere it seems.   Today is extremely boring and the rain doesn't help my mood. 

It was a nice March day here today

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There are always people who try to hide and not do the drill.

I took the 2nd covid booster (#4 vaccine overall) yesterday and my arm is so much more painful than any other vaccine I received.  I've been trying to exercise and drink plenty of water.

A few hours ago, I received a fraud Chase text informing me that someone used my credit card to charge $60 gas in Atlanta.  I was instructed to click on a link which, of course I didn't click.  The text did not come in from a toll free 800 or 888 number.  I immediately called Chase and they verified that there were no charges in Atlanta for that amount, nor any that were questionable.  I sent Chase Fraud an email with pictures of the text.  So scary.

Very hard to keep up in here.  Hope all remain well.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I took the 2nd covid booster (#4 vaccine overall) yesterday and my arm is so much more painful than any other vaccine I received.  I've been trying to exercise and drink plenty of water.

A few hours ago, I received a fraud Chase text informing me that someone used my credit card to charge $60 gas in Atlanta.  I was instructed to click on a link which, of course I didn't click.  The text did not come in from a toll free 800 or 888 number.  I immediately called Chase and they verified that there were no charges in Atlanta for that amount, nor any that were questionable.  I sent Chase Fraud an email with pictures of the text.  So scary.

Hopefully your pain will go away soon.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hope your arm feels better.

You did a great job reacting to that scam. I’ve done many a news story on scams and what to do. You did all the right things, don’t click on any links and call your bank to verify transactions. Bravo to you a lot of people get caught up in these things and end up losing just about everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Hope your arm feels better.

You did a great job reacting to that scam. I’ve done many a news story on scams and what to do. You did all the right things, don’t click on any links and call your bank to verify transactions. Bravo to you a lot of people get caught up in these things and end up losing just about everything.

Thanks.  I also let the credit card company know when we'll be traveling out of state.

So scary to know how easy it is for hackers to get into our accounts.

54 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hopefully your pain will go away soon.

Thanks, Lenny.  I know in a day or two I'll be fine. This should be the only pain I experience.

• Like 2

Seeing a play at the Wharf Theatre.  Booked lunch beforehand at - The Theatre Bar at the end of the Wharf.  Scored a table on the outside deck with view of the harbour, bridge & bridgeclimbers.D25BEA4D-0143-4A1C-A9F6-2E338E3AFA09.thumb.jpeg.0211217c99bc1ecbd1ddcef329211519.jpeg

F788DFB9-F195-4465-B0C6-A86F9D4FF9C1.thumb.jpeg.41d5b82d54cd441bab607b3d20e5d772.jpeg

08F5D378-3EE8-491A-ACBC-5E65097C6C9F.thumb.jpeg.893bc948118034df8ef8a91fc96aad90.jpeg

786382C0-DA1A-4BC7-97B0-61C986635E2A.thumb.jpeg.1f0cab5f10e4603d7d51b99f09241eef.jpeg

7E7402D2-C35C-4B63-996B-0A8A2BFD9C80.thumb.jpeg.80aef8e1f261da70006f8318c85a3585.jpeg

This was our first time here.  DH & I have decided we need to come back just for the desserts.  Our friends chose a delicious chocolate trifle that we need to come back and sample.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1