Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m adding this to our watch list. 
Any fans of Queen of The South here?  The most recent and final season came out on Netflix. We started watching it and had no idea what was going on so we decided to rewatch from the beginning. (This happens a lot LOL). Coincidentally,  I’m reading a novel about Mexican drug cartels and in my head, the characters are speaking with the accents of the characters in Queen of the South 🤣

Queen of the South is a football (Soccer) team based in Dumfries Scotland.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I have that one. It’s great. I was also partial of 6 wives of Henry the 8th. When I saw him with Yes, I thought he was incredible. I loved him wearing that cape. Keith Emerson was my all time favorite.

Beautiful!!! What breed is that?

Thanks. Russian Blue.

• Like 2

Talking of driving overseas - My brother & nephew did the Mario Kart experience in Tokyo, Japan.  6 in the group, dressed in costume, driving a go-kart in the streets.  Needed an international driver’s licence to do it.  I thought it was a bit ridiculous tbh but they loved it. 
They also stayed in the same hotel that was the filming location of Bill Murray’s Lost in Translation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry to hear about your DD.  It's such a pain getting everything changed over to a new credit card number.  The good news is that the credit card companies are good at handing this and it won't cost your daughter anything.

We have had this problem too many times.I recall the days before credit cards existed .It is amazing that we were able to exist without all the modern conveniences.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So Jade seems to have finally made the transition to her new home. She has transformed from a skiddish, hissing, hiding kitten into a playful, purring, talkative little girl who is constantly head butting my hand to get me to pet her. I guess she knows that she is safe. She also seems to have learned that it is much more comfortable on the bed than under it. Her eyes continue to make the transition from kitten blue to adult green. That is good or I would have to change her name!

20220618_140614.thumb.jpg.37ff32d5e965834ba1e19589155af3d3.jpg

1666350013_20220618_140614(1).thumb.jpg.ef9753f156329b05c85589155ab87f27.jpg

20220618_140517.thumb.jpg.a59f3620c44ea71af3e8e86853795a2a.jpg

She’s very cute.  Looks like she is extremely cuddly.   (Please forgive me if I misgendered Jade, 🤷🏼‍♂️ Has Jade decided yet?) 😂 🤔🤣

• Haha 7

39 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just had Dinner, all set for later tonight.

20220618_145837.thumb.jpg.71af62a0280f61041dfd9fc1f29c2c79.jpg

Need to go there. What’s the price on a bone-in rib-eye? I can’t tell how many ounces was it? Looks very good.

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow that’s cheap. Guess where I’m going for Father’s Day? Thank you.

Happy Father's Day................on their site online there is a place to Join wait list......Since most times going there, there is a wait to be seated.

We went on the site while riding there and get on the list, so by the time we are there there is little to no wait to be seated.

https://www.texasroadhouse.com/order/action/waitlist

You pick the location for the wait list, then put in how many people dining (6 or more people they suggest calling)......then it gives you a range as to how long the wait is. You give your name and phone number.  You only get the range of time AFTER you put in the amount of people in your party. Ours today  for my wife and I was 15 to 25 minutes.  When we opened up the site and filled in the wait list form we were about 15 minutes from the restaurant ...........We arrived, they then text you when they are ready to be seat you., they will hold your table for 15 minutes longer after text if you are a little late arriving. 

I suggest for tomorrow you do the wait list thing online, to cut down on your wait since I'm sure it will be busy.

Then we walked right in and were seated, must have been about  35 people waiting in that holding room off to  the side. 

When filling out the form you aren't committed to anything until you click LETS GO

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So Jade seems to have finally made the transition to her new home. She has transformed from a skiddish, hissing, hiding kitten into a playful, purring, talkative little girl who is constantly head butting my hand to get me to pet her. I guess she knows that she is safe. She also seems to have learned that it is much more comfortable on the bed than under it. Her eyes continue to make the transition from kitten blue to adult green. That is good or I would have to change her name!

Such a pretty girl!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

1666350013_20220618_140614(1).thumb.jpg.ef9753f156329b05c85589155ab87f27.jpg

20220618_140517.thumb.jpg.a59f3620c44ea71af3e8e86853795a2a.jpg

Glad to hear she’s coming around and seeking your attention.  I’ll bet she already has you wrapped around her paw. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It appears we will have our cat sitting duties extended by one day.  Daughter and her family are stuck at Disney due to a flight mixup by Southwest.  I don’t even know how it would happen, and she was on the phone for a couple hours while they tried to sort out what happened.  

They had booked round trip tickets, non stop for the four of them. At some point, SW changed the return flight to a different time, but only included two of them. They found out today when they went to check in, and only my daughter and grandson were listed. 

At least they were able to stay in the same room for an extra day.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@A&L_OntGood luck to Owen and his Team this evening!!!!

They won, and came from behind in the bottom of the last inning. Final was 9-7 and we beat a team that was very high on themselves. A wonderful night. 

• Like 18

13 hours ago, George C said:

John Lodge of the moody blues was on our cruise a couple of years ago and will be on our March cruise . He was interesting he has been married since 1968 and his wife has little knowledge of what he does , the famous bass player was given a custom bass by fender , he showed it to his wife and her comment was it is missing two strings. ( Rick Wakeman of Yes will also be on our March cruise) 

I love the Moody Blues.  I am envious.  

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I looked into this several years ago but don't remember the details.  Do you need to drive it a minimum number of miles, or just to one of the ports?  How long does it take for the car to get shipped once you drop it off?

So, who knows in the world of Covid.  When we did the Mercedes, they give you a hotel one night and cab to Sindelfingen to pick up the car.  You tour the factory there, my car was built elsewhere, but we took delivery there.  You can visit the museum.  You get lunch.  They pay for the insurance for up to 15 days.  You drive the car around Europe, and then drop it at about 15 places.  Some are free some are a charge.  We dropped at a free spot.  Flew home, car was delivered to the dealer about 5 weeks later.  

When we did the Volvo, we picked it up in February.  I was not comfortable driving the new car in the snow, so we flew on SAS for free in premium economy, drinks food all inclusive.  SAS lounge access.  Paid for two nights hotel cabs to and from airports.  Dinner one night at the hotel, breakfast each day.  We paid for our own flights to Tromso, Norway, rode in a reindeer sleigh, saw the northern lights.  Flew home from there for free.  Probably the best deal of all time.  At the time they discounted the car.  We didn’t drive the car at all, but had a half day in-service training of all of the details.  The Volvo is almost Tesla level of self-driving.  I was at a biz conference in San Antonio about 6 weeks later when it arrived at the dealer in Little Rock.  I had Brad the Fing Pilot drop me at the airport on the way home, picked it up, and drove it home.  

Wonderful experience both.  Volvo was the better deal.

jc

• Like 9

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I thought this was one of Rick Wakeman’s more eclectic albums.  

8B22C9B2-D92B-432A-BE1D-6CAEF8333A01.thumb.jpeg.8d9c959cae77622627c80700704a6bef.jpeg

In fact, back in my early days of making videos, I used the lead in to the track “Arthur” to mix the audio to overlay the titles on a VCR tape.  (Think VCR cameras circa 1982)

I built a mixer to link my stereo components to the VCR camera.  I can’t believe I still have that original “black box” laying around. 

B4E595FD-715E-4E7B-8A51-2BDB60941707.thumb.jpeg.a0514bd3be1f331e253d23c5202f6ce6.jpeg

It was a movie I shot with me and my son when he was about a month old. I even incorporated a little movie magic, making us disappear and reappear from a rocking chair.  I remember my grandmother was amazed by the video, and couldn’t figure how we did it. 

I must admit that cell phones and iMovie have made things much simpler. 

All of Rick’s albums are eclectic.  I love YES.  I have probably most of Rick’s albums.  Some are really good, the one pictured  included.  Some are painful, such as the Six Wives.  Journey to the Center of the Earth was pretty awesome.  He was amazing on the keyboards.  Debatable of which is the greatest Keith Emerson of ELP or Rick Wakeman.  I am a huge Strawbs fan (nobody knows who they are), Rick played with them early on before joining YES.  

I love intelligent rock and roll, and I hate bubble gum music.  Rick definitely fell in the intelligent side of the aisle.

• Like 5