Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@MJSailors

I wish it was just the lightning bugs.

Our backyard is host to many of Life's 2, 4 and no legged creatures.

And depending what time of day is when they all make their appearance.

In the evening I only go out with the DH because "I am afraid of things that go (((BUMP))) in the night"

But most of these creatures are not shy to us being out, and make their presence known.

So far this year to mention a few:

Fox

Wild Turkey (Sea Dog, not the kind you are drinking about)

Deer, yes 3 groups roam through at different times of day

Coyotes

squirrels

Chipmunks

Hummingbirds

Butterfly's galore

Crows, I hate crows ((((((((LOUD))))))))

Neighborhood cat (aka Moocher)

Groundhog

Snakes, damn thing was black and about 2 feet long.

mosquitos

tons of lightning bugs

Owl

Wood peckers, (damn big and blue with rednecks just buzzed through another maple tree)

Hawks,

Frogs, toads

Crayfish, damn, dunno how they made their mudpile nests with us being no where near ponds or anything, but if drop of bucket of water in their hole in the ground those things appear

This year we had geese nesting in front island, with their babes

Neighbor had one snapping turtle about the size of 12 inch pizza

Just a few miles north of here there are rattle snakes (((((EEEEWWWWWEEEEEEE))))))

I would be honkered down in  the house if we had them.

We have an ongoing joke here at our house.

I feed the wild life, and the DH always says he will feed the wild life "special food" to take care of them.

To this point in time, he helps me feed all that we should, deer, hummingbirds, cat, birds, but the snakes, I hate snakes.

Take care

• Like 9

Congratulations to all the great accomplishments on our thread.

Owen, should be proud he will always have a memento to remind him of a successful baseball career.

Sunshine 3601.  Nice to be recognized and attain a phenomenal new job status.

Robyn, I remember you now that you are here.  Welcome

But most importantly  DANI

Thank you for starting  thee best thread on  CC

And

To all the members who visit and share as well as update us on their daily living, if it were not for you, where would we be...............................

Be safe

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great news!    I had my meeting for job offer and accepted the new job.   I believe I will really enjoy the new position and I met several other employees and they all seem like great people that I will enjoy working with.    It is about a 20 minute mid afternoon drive - probably no more than 30 minutes during rush hour.   Best part is nice salary increase along with a signing bonus.     

Excellent news Debbie!  Sounds like it was an easy decision and I’m sure you’ll be very happy in your new position. 

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Wonderful news at my surgeon appointment.  Ankle is totally healed and I can now put full pressure on both feet but I have to be mindful of my comfort zone.  She said, looking at the x-rays, that she can't even tell where the ankle was broken.  I don't need OT anymore but do need out-patient PT for another few weeks.  I've been off my operated ankle for 7 weeks now so it will take time to get used to walking with both legs again.  She said my pain is to be expected.

On a not so happy note, I have to add my daughter and son in law on the latest covid list.  She had a cold a few days ago and tested negative but lo and behold,, today they both tested positive.  I can only hope the kids 9 and 14 yrs old won't get it.   They're due to come here Aug. 20.  Is one month enough to test negative?

Wonderful and exciting!  Sounds perfect.  Good luck!

So glad to hear your ankle is fully healed.  I hope your DD & SIL feel better soon and the kids avoid getting sick. 

9 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Feel free to give me the coles notes version on what gets discussed here.

We discuss pretty much anything & everything here!  

@A&L_Ont glad to hear your Mom is doing so well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That would be a good idea OB.

I have encountered aggressive driving in the UK and in Florida.

There is nowhere I hate driving more than California.

Stop and go traffic, and the motorcycles seem to think that the dotted white line, dividing lines on the freeway, are their lane.

I have been known to crowd that line, when I see them in the rear view.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner last night. Farm fresh corn and ribeyes. 

A712F052-EFCA-4E12-AB4F-501275AEAB27.thumb.jpeg.53c3781fe0e81be93c35367e9f4ddfa3.jpeg

I've said it before...you have the best pictures of steak on Cruise Critic (and your sunsets are pretty good also).  If they taste half as good as they look, they must be delicious.

• Like 8

The last time we stayed in Lake Buena vista Orlando was pre pandemic January 2019.

I live in the area. The I4 ultimate project from the North suburbs of Orlando to Sand Lake Road has been completed. Better traffic flow. However south of that through the attractions will be completed at a later date. The CrossRoads shopping and restaurant center in Lake Buena Vista across from the area that leads to Disney Springs is being demolished to accommodate this.  Keep in mind that the drivers in the attractions areas are from all over the world, they are not familiar with the area and bring all sorts of driving styles.  

O-Town West is a new center with lots of restaurants and businesses, it is located north of Disney on Turkey Lake Road

Hope you get to visit Central Florida again soon.

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In the UK you do not even have to isolate anywhere if you have Covid.

Our Sarah isolated at home until she got a negative result last week.

Pauline isolated in March after testing positive the day she got off our 14 night cruise.

No isolation?  Are covid folk allowed to go anywhere?

Ankle news.  I can stand on both feet BUT when I attempt to walk, my "bad" foot is in extreme pain.  Can't wait for PT to do its magic.  Baby steps..literally.

Car story just because:  I was driving alone in NY on the Palisades Interstate Parkway when the driver of a car decided to have fun with me, driving in back of me much too closely, cutting me off, seemingly following me when I attempted to change lanes.  I exited, he followed and I drove right into the parking lot of the Police Dept.  The jerk drove on.  I waited a few minutes, went inside and a policeman was kind enough to follow me home, made sure I got into my house safely. BTW this was before cell phones were the norm.

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

No isolation?  Are covid folk allowed to go anywhere?

Ankle news.  I can stand on both feet BUT when I attempt to walk, my "bad" foot is in extreme pain.  Can't wait for PT to do its magic.  Baby steps..literally.

Car story just because:  I was driving alone in NY on the Palisades Interstate Parkway when the driver of a car decided to have fun with me, driving in back of me much too closely, cutting me off, seemingly following me when I attempted to change lanes.  I exited, he followed and I drove right into the parking lot of the Police Dept.  The jerk drove on.  I waited a few minutes, went inside and a policeman was kind enough to follow me home, made sure I got into my house safely. BTW this was before cell phones were the norm.

Yes there are no restrictions.

It is a concern for us not least when we have the worry of getting a negative test to get on a ship.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing extreme pain when attempting to walk.

Hopefully your PT works wonders for you.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

I just found this thread! How could I have missed it all this time?

Love the banter 😀 Now I have to figure out how I will possibly read over 2600 pages to catch up?

Feel free to give me the coles notes version on what gets discussed here.

Welcome aboard.🙂

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

@MJSailors

I wish it was just the lightning bugs.

Our backyard is host to many of Life's 2, 4 and no legged creatures.

And depending what time of day is when they all make their appearance.

In the evening I only go out with the DH because "I am afraid of things that go (((BUMP))) in the night"

But most of these creatures are not shy to us being out, and make their presence known.

So far this year to mention a few:

Fox

Wild Turkey (Sea Dog, not the kind you are drinking about)

Deer, yes 3 groups roam through at different times of day

Coyotes

squirrels

Chipmunks

Hummingbirds

Butterfly's galore

Crows, I hate crows ((((((((LOUD))))))))

Neighborhood cat (aka Moocher)

Groundhog

Snakes, damn thing was black and about 2 feet long.

mosquitos

tons of lightning bugs

Owl

Wood peckers, (damn big and blue with rednecks just buzzed through another maple tree)

Hawks,

Frogs, toads

Crayfish, damn, dunno how they made their mudpile nests with us being no where near ponds or anything, but if drop of bucket of water in their hole in the ground those things appear

This year we had geese nesting in front island, with their babes

Wild Turkey (Sea Dog, not the kind you are drinking about) Thanks for clarifying Sue I started to get confused.😜

Actually all of those on the list are seen in my backyard. We don't see as many turkey's since we built the house. Funny we have a turtle that get's into the fenced in portion of the back yard and when the dogs see it they go nuts. I have picked up this turtle and moved him to another portion of the back yard more than 6 times and he keeps coming back. I still can't figure how he gets in between the slates of the fence

Also he have a whole family of chipmunks that are tearing up our Hosta garden. Not sure what to do. They are cute but they are making holes and tunnels all over.

• Like 2

I keep wanting to comment on things, but so many pages have passed, that every one is on to another topic!

After a tremendous rain storm, the heat is temporarily over, and today will be comfortably warm. I can’t complain, because we needed the rain, although yesterday morning, with the dog slowly doing his business (or not) and the rain bucketing down… Apparently German Shepherds are totally fine with rain. 

The dog park now has a lake, which Thor thought was a tremendous addition!

I think I will take some pictures today of our newest project- we had a concrete retaining wall put in to replace a rotting wood one, and we put a fence on part of it.

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, Vibe said:

I live in the area. The I4 ultimate project from the North suburbs of Orlando to Sand Lake Road has been completed. Better traffic flow. However south of that through the attractions will be completed at a later date. The CrossRoads shopping and restaurant center in Lake Buena Vista across from the area that leads to Disney Springs is being demolished to accommodate this.  Keep in mind that the drivers in the attractions areas are from all over the world, they are not familiar with the area and bring all sorts of driving styles.  

O-Town West is a new center with lots of restaurants and businesses, it is located north of Disney on Turkey Lake Road

Hope you get to visit Central Florida again soon.

Thank you.

Next time we visit is next autumn and we are flying into Melbourne international airport with TUI as we can get a direct flight from our local airport.

Usually we fly with Virgin Atlantic from Manchester into Orlando international.

Pauline will be delighted to hear about a new shopping centre.

Graham.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ugghh!   #1 and #3 sound like all will be OK but #2 sounds worrisome.   Is there water damage, foundation issues?

Thankfully, no foundation issues, but all around the door was totally rotted.   

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My DH gets a Darrell Lea Easter egg every year without fail.  They are yum. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSSIE!!!!  I cannot believe I responded to your gift from your dad, without wishing you a Happy Birthday yesterday.  My bad!!!!!

11 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Thank you! Judging from the few pages I have already read, I am happy to be here 😀

I see quite a few names I recognize!

Welcome, Robyn!

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you! it's taking all my self control to not respond.

giphy.gif

Me also, Greg!  I was going to respond, but then thought better of it!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

There is nowhere I hate driving more than California.

Stop and go traffic, and the motorcycles seem to think that the dotted white line, dividing lines on the freeway, are their lane.

I have been known to crowd that line, when I see them in the rear view.

FYI...lane splitting is legal in California.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is a pleasant 20°C 68°F and partly sunny.

Last night it was 92°F so we sat in the garden till late and now I have a couple of mosquito 🦟 bites.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable day.

If it weren't for those darned mosquitos, I'm sure most of us would stay out much later in the evening.  What good are they, anyway???🤔

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@DaniDanielle

OVB #14618 for three...

You are amazing, Dani!!🌹

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Gorgeous garden😀

+1MJSailor!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

If it weren't for those darned mosquitos, I'm sure most of us would stay out much later in the evening.  What good are they, anyway???🤔

No good at all... just annoying pests... I think we now have a new "model" of mosquitos here, the "stealth" ones... we don't hear them, don't see them -- only their huge bites 😢

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

You are amazing, Dani!!🌹

Well, gone again... I have the feeling that someone is following this thread, and grabs all the cabins which I've found for @DaniDanielle....

But I'm not going to give up, until Marietta tells me she's found one 😉

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Seriously?   That just confirms my perception that they are crazy out there.  

Yep.  In fact, (kinda like setting your cruise control and camping out in the left lane) highway patrol can ticket you for "impeding" a motorcycle doing it.  

Blew my mind the first time I saw it driving down there as well.  I don't ride bikes, but I can't imagine putting your life in the hands of other people on the road like that.

• Like 7