Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sounds like you're having a great time.  I love meeting people in bars. It always seems to generate interesting conversation. 

😆 When I started reading this I thought I was reading my response.   Seems like we enjoy the same thing.   It's going to be easy to meet up if we ever cruise the same ship.  

• Like 8

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m so far behind. I need to catch up, but I’ve been busy on a cruise. Tonight I had an absolute blast. In the diamond lounge I asked if I could join this couple. They are from Stuart, Florida. We laughed so hard and I’ll be meeting up with them tomorrow in the D lounge. 

I'm am so happy you are having a great time. I agree it's fun to meet new people. I like being social.

Have a great time. Drink one for me, cheers!

• Like 5

Last night one of the buds on our Night Blooming Cereus decided it was time to open.  The cereus is a member of the cactus family, and produces intensely fragrant flowers that open after dark and last only one night.

This is what the bud looked like yesterday morning.

20220905_153447.thumb.jpg.c4d17659cd790e67f5ee800946c6ecdd.jpg

Throughout the day, the bud began to swell into a puffy, rounded shape, and around 9 PM it started to open.  After about an hour, it transformed into this beauty.  I love the inside of the flower, it reminds me of a fairy garden.

20220905_220804.thumb.jpg.9fafd9f0b5fe046fff1ef2616eefc809.jpg

There are two unopened buds remaining.  I am thinking of setting up the SLR and having it take time lapse photos, and then producing a video from them.  I need to read the camera's instruction manual again to figure that out.  One of those "if you don't use it you lose it" things.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, derorim said:

Last night one of the buds on our Night Blooming Cereus decided it was time to open.  The cereus is a member of the cactus family, and produces intensely fragrant flowers that open after dark and last only one night.

Throughout the day, the bud began to swell into a puffy, rounded shape, and around 9 PM it started to open.  After about an hour, it transformed into this beauty.  I love the inside of the flower, it reminds me of a fairy garden.

There are two unopened buds remaining.  I am thinking of setting up the SLR and having it take time lapse photos, and then producing a video from them.  I need to read the camera's instruction manual again to figure that out.  One of those "if you don't use it you lose it" things.

I love those flowers.   I have a cactus type plant that blooms during the day, the bloom lasts a day or two.  I wouldn't call the flower pretty and the fragrance is not what I would call nice.  I do like the plant because it is unusual and it was a pass-along plant from a friend.  I will try to remember to get a picture when it blooms.

Resized_20220906_083506.thumb.jpeg.04e6ba92a71384df082e03fe35d7ac05.jpeg 

• Like 7

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks Dani. They have found one of the offenders dead and are still looking for the other. It’s tragic.

So tragic for all involved😢

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, I have the ocean view but not the mojitos.

I'll take it!! (I wish).  I'd so much rather have the ocean view than mojitos.😁

My granddaughter just moved into a beautiful house on a beach for her Senior year.  It doesn't get any better than that!  She got on a waiting list for this house at least 2 years ago😉

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm watching BD DU from last week.   Oh Magda, she's worthless today.  

What episode are they up to on Bravo?  I'm almost done with Season 6 of BD Mediterranean with Captain Sandy.  So glad to finally see Lexi let go.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, derorim said:

Beautiful!  Thank you for sharing!

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I love those flowers.   I have a cactus type plant that blooms during the day, the bloom lasts a day or two.  I wouldn't call the flower pretty and the fragrance is not what I would call nice.  I do like the plant because it is unusual and it was a pass-along plant from a friend.  I will try to remember to get a picture when it blooms.

Resized_20220906_083506.thumb.jpeg.04e6ba92a71384df082e03fe35d7ac05.jpeg 

Please do post a picture when it blooms!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You know more about what is happening than I do. I actually have not seen the news this entire 3 day weekend.

I absolutely have to know, living in a tumultuous country like ours... 😢

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

My granddaughter just moved into a beautiful house on a beach for her Senior year.  It doesn't get any better than that!  She got on a waiting list for this house at least 2 years ago😉

Maryann, what does it mean?

@jagsfan, Mimi, hope everything is OK with you. We miss your sense of humor 😘

• Like 4

What beautiful weather we're having!  Sunny and very low 90s, high 80s.  

I wanted to share something with you all (y'all?). I just viewed a you tube piece of something that brought me to happy tears.  A deaf baby hearing for the first time, looking confused and then breaking out in smiles and giggles.   I'll attempt to copy the piece in here for those interested:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Maryann, what does it mean?

@jagsfan 😘

Dani, our granddaughter was in a College Dorm room for her first 3 years at school.  There is a FB page for the parents of her college, and this very desirable house on the beach was shared by parents.  By word of mouth, my daughter/granddaughter became aware of this house that is rented by college students.  She was put on a list of those students who want to rent this house during their final year of college 

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

What beautiful weather we're having!  Sunny and very low 90s, high 80s.  

I wanted to share something with you all (y'all?). I just viewed a you tube piece of something that brought me to happy tears.  A deaf baby hearing for the first time, looking confused and then breaking out in smiles and giggles.   I'll attempt to copy the piece in here for those interested:

Precious and beautiful for this beautiful baby and family.  Thank you for shar, Bonnie!

How are you doing with your ankle/foot?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Dani, our granddaughter was in a College Dorm room for her first 3 years at school.  There is a FB page for the parents of her college, and this very desirable house on the beach was shared by parents.  By word of mouth, my daughter/granddaughter became aware of this house that is rented by college students.  She was put on a list of those students who want to rent this house during their final year of college 

Precious and beautiful for this beautiful baby and family.  Thank you for shar, Bonnie!

How are you doing with your ankle/foot?

Thanks for asking about my ankle, Maryann.  I have PT sessions for at least another 3 weeks, lowered from 3x to 2x per week.  I can walk ok with minimum pain, except for PT sessions which are still grueling, wearing an ankle brace walking with the aid of a cane.   I try to walk as often as I can but my endurance is limited.  My happy day will be when I can ditch my cane and walk the mall again.  All in all I'm happy with the progress I've made.

• Like 17

On 9/3/2022 at 5:31 PM, DaniDanielle said:

Enjoy your cruise!  We go home tomorrow😢

Thanks, it’s always a sad day when you have to get off. Glad you and Debbie were able to meet and enjoyed your cruise.

On 9/3/2022 at 6:06 PM, Jimbo said:

Apple Pie Bake off results are in.

20220903_134655.jpg

We have a TIE, the filling  in my Wife's  Apple Crumb Pie is much better(sweeter) then mine BUT my Pie Crust is the BEST we have ever had. Nice and flaky, you can not taste the Vodka in it.

Omg, can you send me some of that? My “home” address will be on the Allure for the next several weeks. Shouldn’t be hard to find. 😁  🥧

On 9/3/2022 at 6:33 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Have a great time. I'll be thinking about you.

We also think of you when we’re in the 🍾 Bar. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

So tragic for all involved😢

I'll take it!! (I wish).  I'd so much rather have the ocean view than mojitos.😁

What episode are they up to on Bravo?  I'm almost done with Season 6 of BD Mediterranean with Captain Sandy.  So glad to finally see Lexi let go.

That is awesome that your GD will be in a beachfront house for her SR year.     Which beach?

So true, I would rather have ocean view than mojito too!   But together - that is heaven, IMO.

I think it was episode 5 or 6 of BD Down Under that I recorded from last week.   

• Thanks 1

I just got a call from a former co-worker who I last saw in 1994.He took pictures of everyone on the day he retired and is in the process of trying to contact everyone to send them their pictues

I got mine and it reminded me of a wonderful time when I was healthy and could do so many things that I can no longer do.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We had, and are still getting, some rain but so far the bad stuff has missed us. Still a few more hours to go before we are out of the woods.

We had some much needed rain that started early this morning (before I woke up at 5:30 am).    No sunrise photos today😢

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Understand the sentiment, but I must say I'm always happy to get back home after a trip! Always feel guilty putting pets in a kennel for one thing. 

We are lucky we have a great pet sitter who sends pictures daily , but next trip will be first that Joebob will not have his sister. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We also think of you when we’re in the 🍾 Bar. 

🍾 Bar helps narrow down which ship you'll be on, or rather which ships you won't be on.  Swapping them out for the Bionic Bar was a big mistake in my opinion, but their marketing people probably disagree with me.

Edit: Thinking more about this, does any ship but Allure have a Champagne Bar?  I just remembered that Freedom Class has the R Bar instead.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

🍾 Bar helps narrow down which ship you'll be on, or rather which ships you won't be on.  Swapping them out for the Bionic Bar was a big mistake in my opinion, but their marketing people probably disagree with me.

Edit: Thinking more about this, does any ship but Allure have a Champagne Bar?  I just remembered that Freedom Class has the R Bar instead.

Oasis has a champagne bar , we prefer bars with live music , like pub and schooner.

• Like 1