Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is awesome that your GD will be in a beachfront house for her SR year.     Which beach?

So true, I would rather have ocean view than mojito too!   But together - that is heaven, IMO.

I think it was episode 5 or 6 of BD Down Under that I recorded from last week.   

The beach house is in Fairfield, Ct. near her College☺️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, derorim said:

Last night one of the buds on our Night Blooming Cereus decided it was time to open.  The cereus is a member of the cactus family, and produces intensely fragrant flowers that open after dark and last only one night.

This is what the bud looked like yesterday morning.

20220905_153447.thumb.jpg.c4d17659cd790e67f5ee800946c6ecdd.jpg

Throughout the day, the bud began to swell into a puffy, rounded shape, and around 9 PM it started to open.  After about an hour, it transformed into this beauty.  I love the inside of the flower, it reminds me of a fairy garden.

20220905_220804.thumb.jpg.9fafd9f0b5fe046fff1ef2616eefc809.jpg

There are two unopened buds remaining.  I am thinking of setting up the SLR and having it take time lapse photos, and then producing a video from them.  I need to read the camera's instruction manual again to figure that out.  One of those "if you don't use it you lose it" things.

My dad has a wall of these in his garden that he can see from his kitchen window.  Absolutely stunning when they all flower at once.  We have a new plant in our garden courtesy of my dad.  Can only be seen whilst in the garden.  I was complaining of bugs whilst waiting to see the first flower open, so DS set up a time lapse camera on his phone.  Worked well, so I recommend you do it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just got a call from a former co-worker who I last saw in 1994.He took pictures of everyone on the day he retired and is in the process of trying to contact everyone to send them their pictues

I got mine and it reminded me of a wonderful time when I was healthy and could do so many things that I can no longer do.

I love that your former co-worker did that.  Very thoughtful.

• Like 1

I love that Spring is here in Sydney.  It just lifts your mood.

This weekend, DH is doing the first half of the Bondi to Manly walk - 40km from Bondi to Kirribilli.  

Next weekend, DS is doing the Half Marathon. 21km.  Run starts at Milsons Point, they run across the Harbour Bridge, through The Rocks and the city and it finishes at the forecourt of the Sydney Opera House. He is doing it with a school friend.  His first time doing a half marathon.

• Like 7

I have been missing from here for almost a week.  I have been following along, but it seems every time I think I may have time to comment or post, something comes up.  

It was nice to read of the good times some of you were having on your cruises, and reading about the excitement for those leaving on cruises soon.  Color me jealous.

I was intrigued by that Tampa to Boston repo next September, but I can’t get Susan to even think about planning a cruise for a while.  

Today, both Susan and I had visits to the dentist.  Since she had the early appointment, she got to take our daughter to her appointment today, while I had my dentist visit.  I asked my dentist if he ever had anyone fall asleep in the chair, because I had never heard of such a thing, until OB mentioned it.  The dentist said it was actually quite common.  Well, not so for me, because I was gripping the chair as he drilled away. 

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I have been missing from here for almost a week.  I have been following along, but it seems every time I think I may have time to comment or post, something comes up.  

It was nice to read of the good times some of you were having on your cruises, and reading about the excitement for those leaving on cruises soon.  Color me jealous.

I was intrigued by that Tampa to Boston repo next September, but I can’t get Susan to even think about planning a cruise for a while.  

Today, both Susan and I had visits to the dentist.  Since she had the early appointment, she got to take our daughter to her appointment today, while I had my dentist visit.  I asked my dentist if he ever had anyone fall asleep in the chair, because I had never heard of such a thing, until OB mentioned it.  The dentist said it was actually quite common.  Well, not so for me, because I was gripping the chair as he drilled away. 

I have fallen asleep in dental chairs more than once.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Oasis has a bionic bar where the champagne bar was too.

Must be somewhat new I did oasis before Covid and they had champagne bar. 
  I remember being totally impressed by champagne bar in late 1980’s when sovereign of the seas was new.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

Good evening, I just had a breaking news report about a shark fatality attack in the Bahamas. According to Reuters, the 58 yr old woman and family were pax on Harmony. The attack happened off Paradise Island. It did not state it was a ship excursion. Prayers for the family.🙏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, George C said:

Must be somewhat new I did oasis before Covid and they had champagne bar. 
  I remember being totally impressed by champagne bar in late 1980’s when sovereign of the seas was new.

I have sailed Oasis a few times and it still had the champagne bar too.  I only know it isn't there because I have been researching the updates from the amp because we are on Oasis soon. 🙂 

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good evening, I just had a breaking news report about a shark fatality attack in the Bahamas. According to Reuters, the 58 yr old woman and family were pax on Harmony. The attack happened off Paradise Island. It did not state it was a ship excursion. Prayers for the family.🙏

Not a ship excursion, apparently (at least per linked report). Very sad in any case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-tourist-killed-in-bahamas-shark-attack/ar-AA11xpii

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

We were keeping the grandkids entertained on Friday, or maybe they were keeping us entertained.  

We picked them up to take them out to breakfast.  Granddaughter was dressed for the occasion - a dress, necklace, bracelet, ring.  I mean, we were only going to Bob Evans, and she would be dressed better than anyone there.  

She got a hand me down digital Canon, so she was busy taking pictures.  

E16FDAFF-F13B-4F91-AB25-77D80D126E7F.thumb.jpeg.93f8b016da1094b82fb9d52bfdc90e8e.jpeg

One of their favorite games is called Telestrations.  Each player gets a dry erase booklet with pages for pictures and answers.  You draw a card, and draw a picture of the word on the card, then pass it to the next person.  They then guess the word from your picture and pass it on, and that person draws a picture of their guess, and it keeps going until you get your booklet back.  You can get some pretty hilarious pictures and answers. 

For the weekend, we had much of the same weather that Sue was talking about.  It did stay nice enough that granddaughter got to cheer at the football game. (They won 32-16).  A little blurry when zooming from the stands.  

3E989C7A-7637-4219-B9C3-72473116136E.thumb.jpeg.a7d0fc15aa0ad05975c5d075c896423b.jpeg

She also marched in the Labor Day parade.  Susan and I had a little break to listen to a good Motown band and eat tasty gyros.  

• Like 17

27 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have sailed Oasis a few times and it still had the champagne bar too.  I only know it isn't there because I have been researching the updates from the amp because we are on Oasis soon. 🙂 

We were on in January, and the bionic bar is there now.  A lot of newbies were trying it out on boarding day, but after that, it is dead.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

🍾 Bar helps narrow down which ship you'll be on, or rather which ships you won't be on.  Swapping them out for the Bionic Bar was a big mistake in my opinion, but their marketing people probably disagree with me.

Edit: Thinking more about this, does any ship but Allure have a Champagne Bar?  I just remembered that Freedom Class has the R Bar instead.

I am pretty sure all the V class ships had one. I also think all the F class ships initially did, too. Here is the Champagne bar on Navigator.

Edit: Maybe you were saying does any other ship have one now and not referring to originally.

IMG_0417.thumb.JPG.bb3468e365c1326b2d9d704085d143c9.JPG

IMG_0418.thumb.JPG.715538b177832cf8e02aeab7ceb1bc82.JPG

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am pretty sure all the V class ships had one. I also think all the F class ships initially did, too. Here is the Champagne bar on Navigator.

Edit: Maybe you were saying does any other ship have one now and not referring to originally.

Navigator is my favorite rccl ship , maybe because it was my first grand suite, cruised her 3 times , hopefully will cruise her again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, George C said:

Oasis has a champagne bar , we prefer bars with live music , like pub and schooner.

Bars with live music are fun but it is also nice to have a bar where you can sit and talk without having to strain to hear and be heard.

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just love the Champagne Bar. It’s got the class and intimacy that I love. I like that fact it’s smaller and usually less crowded than other bars. Plus it usually has some of the top shelf liquors including Louis XIII.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Bars with live music are fun but it is also nice to have a bar where you can sit and talk without having to strain to hear and be heard.

Bars like there pubs and schooner and jazz club doesn’t play the music that loud , you can sit away from the music and can sit at the bar ( other than jazz club since it doesn’t have a bar ) .