Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

We have to wait until October for our 5th and our flu shots. We received our second boosters in August of the old vaccine, because we are sailing at the end of the week, and I wasn't sure if the new boosters would be out in time. But they really rushed them right out, didn't they? 😃

I'm getting a little tired of all the royal family/Harry & Meghan speculative reporting. 😄

Where are you sailing to at the end of the week ?  

No , I don’t think they’ve rushed out the vaccine. They are not starting out from scratch every single time . I could ask my husband however I would get a long-winded and complicated answer with mRNA thrown in for good measure. 

Still feeling fine .  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/18/2022 at 1:15 PM, DaniDanielle said:

My brother lives in Pearland.  Every time we flew down we brought  Sabrett  hot dogs and onion sauce!  Every now and then he tells us some New York Italian moved there and opened a halfway decent pizzeria.  I love the chicken fried steak so I would survive😳

It’s been years since I’ve had chicken fried steak with white gravy. My 2 requirements last month back in Texas was a Whataburger and a chicken fried steak. 😃

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Growing up in Ohio I remember when visiting my Grandparents in Columbus, Grandpa would often get a big bag of White Castle hamburgers for us. Years later I would make sure I got some while visiting my sister in Cincinnati.   A couple of years ago,  while in Ohio, We stop so I could enjoy one for the memories.  After eating a couple bites I told Sharon to never let me do that again.... 😆 I guess our taste can change.

In 2004 when I was working in Advertising I was at a Trade Show with several co-workers.One of the guys saw a WC and when we were leaving for the day he bought a Sack.I cannot recall how many were in the bag but he was the only one to buy any.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I've never been to Katz's.  Too large and touristy.  We had great neighborhood delis much closer to where we lived.

I never had White Castle burgers.

I remember WaWa discussion in here before.  I never ate in one.  I don't recall ever seeing one.

We have family in NJ.The first time we went to visit them we saw a WaWa sign and had to check it out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Wawa is everywhere here.  My grandsons get on their bikes and go to the one closest to us.  There Are 2 that I could walk to if I so desired. 

My weekends were spent in Bay Ridge and Bensonhurst.  One of my friends lived and still lives on Bay 19th St.  We sometimes went to the "Penthouse" in Bay Ridge.

Ah yes, Wetsons!

A couple of people on my Adventure Roll Call have been talking about going to WC when they get to NJ for our cruise.  So crazy that WC is being discussed on both this thread as well as my RC

We have cousins in Manalapan and when we get off the GSP we pass a WaWa .I have had many friends and co-workers who lived in Bensonhurst and I was always there.On our first date Toby and I went to Jahn’s on 86 St.

We bought our first living room carpet on the other side of the street.

The son of one of my friends was the house DJ at Peggy O’Neils and his future wife was a bartender there.

I knew people who lived on Bay 19 St and moved to SI later on.In fact nearly everyone I knew in the area either moved to SI or NJ.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

My go-to after a night of drinking was always the 24 hour diners to eat.  We had several on Staten Island.  We have 3 diners right here where I live in NJ

When I was in my teens and early 20’s ,every Friday night and Saturday night everyone seemed to be in the neighborhood diner to discuss everything that happened earlier in the evenings ,similiar to the movie Diner.

When I was living in Canarsie there were three Diners that were always mobbed on Saturday night.One is still open.We have good diners in LI and have been to several in SI and NJ in recent years.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

I thought I would share this pic taken at our wedding, 36 years ago today.

Not sure where the years have gone. I feel bad as with everything going on this last week I forgot about it, but Hubby gave me a lovely card and a rose Bush 🌹 💕

We're looking after Isaac today so probably won't celebrate but will when we go to Cornwall tomorrow for a few days 

IMG-20220920-WA0000.thumb.jpg.8cd40f315ef42d46828647e097d2b564.jpg

Happy Anniversary 

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Not sure where the years have gone. I feel bad as with everything going on this last week I forgot about it, but Hubby gave me a lovely card and a rose Bush 🌹 💕

We're looking after Isaac today so probably won't celebrate but will when we go to Cornwall tomorrow for a few days 

Happy Anniversary 

25 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It’s been years since I’ve had chicken fried steak with white gravy. My 2 requirements last month back in Texas was a Whataburger and a chicken fried steak. 😃

I've heard of Whataburger, as well as a chicken fried steak....

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

One trip I had chicken fried steak in every restaurant we dined in.  They ranged from fancy to fast food and I enjoyed every one!

What is a chicken fried steak, exactly?????

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

.I have had many friends and co-workers who lived in Bensonhurst and I was always there.

On our first date Toby and I went to Jahn’s on 86 St.

I knew people who lived on Bay 19 St and moved to SI later on.In fact nearly everyone I knew in the area either moved to SI or NJ.

Ah, Jahn's!!!  Yum!!!😊

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

What does wearing the uniform have to do if they are or aren’t working Royals? They served in the service and that’s what the uniform is about imo. What about non-Royals? If someone was in the service can they still wear their uniform to a special event?

That’s exactly what I think. 

I am afraid the rules are set by Buckingham Palace and are well known 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My procedure went well today. One very small polyp removed, Dr said it didn’t look like anything to worry about. Should have the results in about a week.  
I’ve just woken up from a 3 hour nap after very little sleep last night.  Looks like I have some catching up to do here. 

• Like 20

4 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My procedure went well today. One very small polyp removed, Dr said it didn’t look like anything to worry about. Should have the results in about a week.  
I’ve just woken up from a 3 hour nap after very little sleep last night.  Looks like I have some catching up to do here. 

I finally got through to my Dr's office this morning after trying to call them all day yesterday.  I was scheduled for June but that didn't work and none of the other dates did through the summer.  She tried to get me in to fill a cancellation this Friday, Monday or Tuesday...nope stuff going on.  I did get a date mid November once I'm back from my Allure cruise.  I have to go every 2 years, still don't get entirely used to it but it's a lot less stressful than the first time.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

So what was your first meal afterward? I was RAVENOUS. 😂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

Such joy on your faces!  Happy Anniversary 🥂

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday was, what has become a new normal weekday for us.  We spend every weekday, all day at our daughter’s house, helping her with anything she needs done.

We have all been going for walks at the lake, but we do not get there before sunrise any days, because the grandkids need to get off to school.  They say it is important that she keeps up with exercise.

Speaking of exercise, I know I have mentioned here before that I use a Fitbit tracker.  Well, yesterday was seven years since I began wearing one.  I have to admit, they do give you a little more incentive to keep moving, and I have a “family”, much like this one, that does daily challenges. 

Anyhow, it appears that in three more months time, I will have walked the equivalent to one time around the world.  (No wonder I go through so many pair of tennis shoes)

D56F9CF1-3144-4DA5-ADC6-146A6A254306.thumb.jpeg.86ecf1d7ba03ebc06c01a0c6190b4100.jpeg

Even the last month, I have picked up the pace a little.  

38620505-2814-4154-8A7E-359A6B9D47C6.thumb.jpeg.d430ff34fd35292f2e330d42aed033c8.jpeg

Today, more of the same.  Heading out to walk with our daughter. Better to do it now, when it is 57°, than later when it is 80°.

That’s quite an accomplishment!  

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I finally got through to my Dr's office this morning after trying to call them all day yesterday.  I was scheduled for June but that didn't work and none of the other dates did through the summer.  She tried to get me in to fill a cancellation this Friday, Monday or Tuesday...nope stuff going on.  I did get a date mid November once I'm back from my Allure cruise.  I have to go every 2 years, still don't get entirely used to it but it's a lot less stressful than the first time.

Andy goes every 3 years due to polyps, while I’ve been on a 5 year schedule. I guess now that I’ve had one removed I can look forward to this fun experience more often 🤪

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1