Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Some tours from Naples include Capri,Amalfi, Pompeii, Sorrento packed in an 11 hour tour which is tiring but each deserve a full day.

Fortunately we have been to Naples several times along with most European ports.

I have never been to Italy but when I had the 25 year job nearly every person working there was born in Italy and would tell me about where they grew up and it was almost like me being there.Plus every time they went back on vacations they sent me postcards and I have about 300 that I often look at.

• Like 1

A little update from this corner on my pain condition.  Just tapered off and completed a 2 week course of the super-duper oral steroid, Prednisone.  I wish I could say that this was the Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris of steroids and worked a miracle and knocked this sciatic pain off.  It was more on the level of the Minions.  It sorta, kinda worked.  That sciatic nerve is pretty pesky.  So much so that I have named it since it is so personal and attached to me.  I named it Merv.  Merv the Nerve.  At least, I am not where I was 3 weeks ago.

We decided to go ahead with our travel plans as planned.  We leave tomorrow with a stopover in Calgary and then onto Rome.  Will spend 4 days in Florence before heading to Civitavecchia for our 12 Night  Odyssey Holy Land & Greece Cruise.  After that will be the 13 Night TA back to FLL.  This will be our third TA.  We have the UDP for the TA.  I love all the specialty restaurants offered on this ship, especially Playmaker.  It will be first time trying Wonderland.  I plan to eat a lot and drink a lot to where I will probably gain 20 lbs.  Maybe I'm just kidding.

I know I will have to pace myself with the planned tours at each port and know my limits.  I just hope Merv will be cooperative and not be a pain in the butt.  I can't wait to get up that first morning on the ship before sunrise and get that sunrise picture.  We won't have internet so I won't be able to post until we do.  But whenever I can, I will post updates and pictures.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Worse thing they can do is start the game, then go into a rain delay after a few innings, espically if the starting pitcher is on a roll.  Looks like it's raining right now but should end by 7 pm, according to Wunderground.

Yankees have the same issue. For some reason, they are off today & play tomorrow. It's supposed to rain all day in NY tomorrow. Wish they could move the game forward a day as it's a beautiful, 70 degree sunny day right now.  Too bad TV networks control the baseball schedule.

I cannot recall when that started but in the old days WPIX televised all Yankee games including playoffs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have never been to Italy but when I had the 25 year job nearly every person working there was born in Italy and would tell me about where they grew up and it was almost like me being there.Plus every time they went back on vacations they sent me postcards and I have about 300 that I often look at.

My grandmother was Italian with family ties back to renaissance period art in Venice and Florence.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

First time we went to Bermuda we took the boat to Hamilton, walked around a bit.  For the trip back to Kings Wharf we took the bus.  It was about an hour and we saw a lot of the Island.  It was like an inexpensive tour!

My first cruise was in 1973 to Bermuda.I fell in love with the island.At that time all the ships went to Hamilton.There was no such thing as shore excursions .We walked a lot ,of course we were young and healthy.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

A little update from this corner on my pain condition.  Just tapered off and completed a 2 week course of the super-duper oral steroid, Prednisone.  I wish I could say that this was the Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris of steroids and worked a miracle and knocked this sciatic pain off.  It was more on the level of the Minions.  It sorta, kinda worked.  That sciatic nerve is pretty pesky.  So much so that I have named it since it is so personal and attached to me.  I named it Merv.  Merv the Nerve.  At least, I am not where I was 3 weeks ago.

We decided to go ahead with our travel plans as planned.  We leave tomorrow with a stopover in Calgary and then onto Rome.  Will spend 4 days in Florence before heading to Civitavecchia for our 12 Night  Odyssey Holy Land & Greece Cruise.  After that will be the 13 Night TA back to FLL.  This will be our third TA.  We have the UDP for the TA.  I love all the specialty restaurants offered on this ship, especially Playmaker.  It will be first time trying Wonderland.  I plan to eat a lot and drink a lot to where I will probably gain 20 lbs.  Maybe I'm just kidding.

I know I will have to pace myself with the planned tours at each port and know my limits.  I just hope Merv will be cooperative and not be a pain in the butt.  I can't wait to get up that first morning on the ship before sunrise and get that sunrise picture.  We won't have internet so I won't be able to post until we do.  But whenever I can, I will post updates and pictures.

Sending our best wishes for good health and an awesome cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

ARGGGHHH!!!  I posted an elaborate reply and it went poof.

Short version, From Hobby we paid $49 for Uber to our hotel.  Galveston Express (shuttle service)is between $30-35 to from Hobby(HOU).  $35-40 to from Bush (IAH).  Prefer Uber to shuttle do to direct routing, IE time saved.  

JC

The prices on Galveston Express are pp

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I found a couple of straw bales today.  Much better the stuff I got last time.  Right after laying it in the raised beds a storm rolled in.  YES RAIN!  I really don't remember the last time it rained.  Now I need to give my garlic a fertilization soak and get it planted by tomorrow evening. 

image.thumb.png.77f4535a45a1aa9ef882f64b9e230abb.png

It is definitely much easier to find straw this time of year vs. this past Spring when i setting up my core gardening and tried several local farms for straw.

I think next year I am going to have to try Garlic.    I do love garlic😃

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sending our best wishes for good health and an awesome cruise.

@FromSea2ShiningSea, Helen & Marty, same here, hopefully your visit to my little corner of Earth will be a very interesting, enjoyable and pleasant one 😘

Safe travels tomorrow and kind regards to handsome [and naked] David 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

That sounds wonderful. I hope the sciatic pain is manageable. It really is awful pain. 

What ship? ☺️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm excited. Booked for the novelty of going north out of PC

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

What are you guys doing in Bermuda?

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Water taxi and winging it

Bermuda is a much cleaner island compared to any Caribbean Island, much different.

If you like snorkeling you will love  Hartley's Underwater Sea Walk. One of the best excursion we have ever done on a cruise.

Check it out

https://www.hartleybermuda.com/wp/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have tremors with both hands.I have to hold a cup or a glass with both hands.Holding a cordless phone while conversing is not to easy .I use the Speaker function at times but I do not really care for that .Therefore,most of the conversations that I used to have by phone are currently texting or e-mail but my hands tend to shake to the point of having to re-write.

One wonderful feature of my hearing aids in addition to...hearing, is that my phone calls come in through my bluetooth enbled hearing aids.  I never have to hold a phone.  Just press one button on my hearing aid to answer a call.  If the person I am speaking to hangs up I need not press anything to end the call on my end.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

The doctor ended things by walking down the hall and opening the door for us to go to the checkout desk.

My pain began in 2009 in the lower back.I had spine surgery in April 2010

I have had 37 falls adding pain to my body.Currently my pain is in my entire back ,both legs and feet.I have a burning sensation constantly in my toes

I have constant numbness in both feet at the same time and a sensation of falling.I have had 9 epidurals ,the last two did not work,two experimental surgical procedures ,acupuncture and I have been to 12 physical therapists.My most recent PT was earlier this year from a wonderful guy who was born in Israel,studied PT in Israel and Holland as well as the US .

He tried his very best but couldLenny not help me.I have been to numerous Neurologists,Neurosurgeons and Orthopedic Surgeons.

The only place I can be without pain in on my bed where I am when I post on CC.I really feel bad for Toby because she spends so much time taking care of me instead of going out and enjoying things.

Last night she played mah jong and one of my daughters stayed here with me.

I have no words.  I do have a hug for you   (((((Lenny)))))

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When a recipe calls for one clove of garlic. 

image.thumb.png.1f5045e6861150b2f51ff5b7fd75c926.png

I will have to plant some garlic next year.    Love garlic

Straw this time of year is definitely much better and easier to find that it was in the Spring when I was setting up my core gardening beds.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Happy to hear the pain has subsided enough for you to proceed with your travel plans and cruise.    I wish you and your hubby a wonderful trip with perfect weather and a sciatica (Merv) isn't a pain in the butt.      

Safe Travels and we will look forward to your photos when you can post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It looks like my view count is going into the toilet. 😜😜😜

I think views depend a lot on the itinerary and the ship.  The more unique it is, it would probably generate more views.  I think if John were to do one for his world cruise, the views would be off the charts.  I think the most views any of my trip reports got was around 105k for the sailing round trip to Hawaii on the Grand Princess.  That report was still getting comments 3 years after it started.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think that is true of most European cities....Paris, Rome, London, etc.  Even if they were located right on the coast, Venice for example, most of them need at least three days. I truly have no idea how people do Rome on a cruise. Between travel time to and from Civitavechia and all there is to see it boggles my mind.

We did most of the highlights in Rome from a cruise.  It was definitely a long day, but we had some entries that would skip the line.   It would have been nice to spend more time there.

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

First cruise in Europe we did the Rome trip.  Long bus ride each way.  Left the port at 6AM got back on the ship a 8PM on a ship tour.  We visited the Colloseum, the Vatican and the Sistine chapel, the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, the Roman Forum, Arch of Constantine, Sant’ Angelo Castle, St. Peter’s piazza, and we ate pizza from a street vendor.

We slept well that night.  

I was 22 years younger then.  

That sounds like us, but we were only 3 years younger.

• Like 1