Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We had another great day at The Players today.  Perfect weather.  We spent a good part of the day walking the front nine, where there are fewer crowds, and you can get close to many of the players.  The course is amazingly beautiful.

Behind the 4th green looking back at the 4th fairway

APC_3977.thumb.JPG.79d9b2033826ecfd3bc26fc7bc5e0b1b.JPG

Looking down the 5th fairway towards the 5th green.  The 5th is a really hard hole.

APC_3978.thumb.JPG.179e98be10afed45e7dc08c3c645fee3.JPG

Cam Young getting ready to hit his second shot on number 5 from the deep rough.  He left it just short of the green but then hit a great chip shot for a tap in par.  These guys play a VERY different version of golf than I do.

APC_3980.thumb.JPG.08bf3d1a33cbcac3372734fc7aeeaf7e.JPG

Behind the 7th green looking back at the 7th tee.

APC_3981.thumb.JPG.5559d7e10c24ca09f5e8229345cc7f15.JPG

And finally, sitting behind the 18th green looking back down the 18th fairway.  This is one of the most intimidating drives in all of golf, with the hole curling to the left around water down the entire left side of the hole.  The tee is in front of the white tent on the right side of the picture.

APC_3983.thumb.JPG.263c8813d3087b9dbd5205d0ac3aff29.JPG

• Like 8

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

It better not be a lot of snow!  DH is supposedly flying out tomorrow for a business trip and son hurt his back playing rugby!  Rain/snow mix does not work well with snow blowers.

We're under a Winter Weather Advisory here in Michigan.... 

Reminds me of when friends whose sons played pro hockey in Michigan would come visit from Chicago on the weekends.  Their daughter, the younger sister of the two hockey players, once commented as they crossed the state line, "Does it EVER stop snowing in this state?"  🤣 

Welcome to "Lake Effect Snow"!!!!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well folks, here we are for the next week... the Caretakers of the thread.

So I'm working weekend nights right now.  Kept up on the Bella Cruise Thread until I went to sleep a bit before noon.  Get to work tonight, take care of my initial nursely duties, and sit down to read CC, and it's already grown THIRTEEN MORE PAGES since I fell asleep!  😳

At this page, I'm gonna need someone to read the posts out loud and put them on Audible or some other podcast site for me!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

We're under a Winter Weather Advisory here in Michigan.... 

Reminds me of when friends whose sons played pro hockey in Michigan would come visit from Chicago on the weekends.  Their daughter, the younger sister of the two hockey players, once commented as they crossed the state line, "Does it EVER stop snowing in this state?"  🤣 

Welcome to "Lake Effect Snow"!!!!

Where I lived at in Ohio it was considered the Snow Belt due to the Lake effect.   I thought it was funny when we moved to Arkansas they would close schools when we had an inch of snow ❄️.  In town they used road graders to plow the snow.  They would push the snow to the middle of the road instead of the side!  So anytime someone turned into a driveway or parking lot, the snow would get knocked back out on the road! 😆 so silly to me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And this is what Jade thinks about everyone leaving on a cruise today...

20230312_151422.thumb.jpg.d7572a4b721a8721a9ac4f7e991fb3d2.jpg

20230312_121118.thumb.jpg.982e23018670452100ad3e09d67179ce.jpg

She is such a beautiful cat!  Of course, I am a ‘cat’ person, so all cats are beautiful; but Jade takes it to another level.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We had our longest stint of babysitting yesterday for my 6 month grandson. From midday yesterday to 2am this morning. 

His Mum and Dad went to a Country Music Festival 🎶  at the O2 yesterday. They had a great time with friends and got access to his companies box, so good seats too.  Here they are in one of the booths outside the event.  He said there were loads of people over from America at the event 

Screenshot_20230312-190228_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0aa1242f1759a17fc4e8d57f5b92a89f.jpg

IMG-20230312-WA0010.thumb.jpg.066176168debc932133448c06a09c475.jpg

• Like 14

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Where I lived at in Ohio it was considered the Snow Belt due to the Lake effect.   I thought it was funny when we moved to Arkansas they would close schools when we had an inch of snow ❄️.  In town they used road graders to plow the snow.  They would push the snow to the middle of the road instead of the side!  So anytime someone turned into a driveway or parking lot, the snow would get knocked back out on the road! 😆 so silly to me.

We are in that snow belt that gets lake effect snow.  Been very lucky that the only time I have touched my snow blower this year, was when I bumped into it as I walked out the garage.  Only six more weeks, and maybe I can put it away.  I looked at pictures from two years ago, and we had a pretty good snow on April 21st.

I know about the south and snow.  I took my family along to a conference in Mobile, Alabama one year, thinking we could get away from the winter.  As it turns out, it snowed while we were there, and everyone was in a full blown panic.  They closed everything for a little dusting. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We are in that snow belt that gets lake effect snow.  Been very lucky that the only time I have touched my snow blower this year, was when I bumped into it as I walked out the garage.  Only six more weeks, and maybe I can put it away.  I looked at pictures from two years ago, and we had a pretty good snow on April 21st.

I know about the south and snow.  I took my family along to a conference in Mobile, Alabama one year, thinking we could get away from the winter.  As it turns out, it snowed while we were there, and everyone was in a full blown panic.  They closed everything for a little dusting. 

I'm not even sure that my snow blower will start up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

We had our longest stint of babysitting yesterday for my 6 month grandson. From midday yesterday to 2am this morning. 

His Mum and Dad went to a Country Music Festival 🎶  at the O2 yesterday. They had a great time with friends and got access to his companies box, so good seats too.  Here they are in one of the booths outside the event.  He said there were loads of people over from America at the event 

Screenshot_20230312-190228_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0aa1242f1759a17fc4e8d57f5b92a89f.jpg

IMG-20230312-WA0010.thumb.jpg.066176168debc932133448c06a09c475.jpg

Have they been to Nashville?