Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

47 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So, instead of .... [like my very first post]

roaming the streets and souks of Marrakech, I'm unpacking our luggage....

Due to DH not feeling well, we had to cancel a few hours before our flight, boarding passes at the ready.

DH started complaining about back pain more than a week ago, happens to the best of families, took some very light pain reliever and hopped for the best.

By Tuesday, though, he made an app. with our family doctor for the following day. So, Wednesday evening he came home, saying that the dr. gave him something for the pain, and assured him that in 2 days time, he'll be good to go. Took the pill, had a good night sleep, and the future seemed pink.

Thursday evening he took a turn to worse, the pain radiating from the back all the way to his upper abdomen. We had a sleepless night, and at 8am were already at our dr. clinic, who, allegedly, had 8am-10am hours, it being Friday, a half day work here.

By 9am (!!) his secretary made an appearance, claiming she hasn't the foggiest idea when the dr. will follow.... IF he will follow.... 

Mind you, after noon on Friday, the only option is ER. In the end, the dr. was MIA. I'll add that he's our entire family dr for the last 25 years, but 4-5 years ago he started to "slack". We keep saying that we'll change him (we're allowed to do that every 3 months, but somehow we felt disloyal to actually do that).

We had my b'day celebration Friday evening, but I really wasn't in the mood... DH managed to put a brave face when we got to the restaurant, and DS1 (who was also celebrating his b'day), playfully offered to touch his father's aching back and take his pain away... and, miraculously, it worked!!!! He kept saying: "I'm pain free, I'm pain free". And the evening turned to be a very joyous one.

The "pain free" lasted well into the Saturday, we packed and decided that what we'll see and do -- it will be OK. The only thing missing will be DH's Nikon camera, which he decided not to schlepp because of his back.

But Saturday night the pain came back in force, to the point of me offering to take him to ER or call an ambulance. He refused, and we had a sleepless night, where it was clear to me that we'll have to cancel. All this time DH continued to take the daily pill, which didn't deliver.

Again, at 8am we were at the clinic, again, nobody showed until 9am, when we gave up and asked the clinic in-charge to find us another dr ASAP.  Luckily, there was a resident in a clinic nearby, who sent us ASAP to the nearest ER. By this time, I cancelled our flights and our riad (hotel) in Marakkech.

Some tests and roentgen pics later, nothing "catastrophic" was found (heart attack and pancreatitis was feared mostly), as the ER dr. phrased it, and I stubbornly asked for something to relieve hubby's pain. In the end, he was given an infusion and sent home with another prescription for his pain.

The big problem is that he's very limited in the range of pain relievers pills, since he has one kidney which took an "early retirement", and the other one reciprocated with a caught early RCC, so he's missing a chunk from the one and only working kidney. The struggle is always between pain and kidney...

The new pain reliever seems to slowly work, he manages to get an hour or two of sleep, and tomorrow -- another batch of BW.

It seems that we're not so lucky with our travels abroad lately. And, living in such a stressful country, we really need the breaks.........

I'm so sorry to hear your news Dani.

Sending you both our prayers 🙏 and very best wishes for your husband's pain to go away.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Booked the Bella 2. Very excited.

Yay!!  I didn't book yet, but will shortly.  We had such a great time, meeting face to face with our dear friends from CC; can't wait to do it again🤩

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I follow the same advice on the SC coast that I do in Florida...if there's water, assume there's a gator in it.

Yep!  My buddy's piece of advice as we were driving to the course the first morning..."if you lose your ball in the swampy areas, don't go looking for it." 🤣

• Like 3

Oh, Dani, I'm so sorry for your DH's pain and your cancelled trip.  

My "surrogate mother" has kidney challenges due to years of blood pressure mismanagement by her previous incompetent doctor -- all the good anti-inflammatory meds are so hard on the kidneys, and she has bad reactions to most opiate pain meds, so pain management is such a juggling act. 

Sending wishes for fast healing to your DH!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Man I'm glad you posted that. Taxes.  I keep getting busy with stuff and keep forgetting to do the taxes.  It won't be hard.  I have spreadsheets made up that calculate my taxes so I can get an idea what I want to pull out of my 401Ks.  Next year's is basically done already.  😆 Now off to gardening.    😆 oooops. 

Tell me you were an accountant without telling me you were an accountant..... LOL 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I basically was on the Bella cruise thread to try to use as a communication tool with the group

Maryann, I'm so happy that you & Jim, and all the others from Bella's and this thread, had a smashing time, and got to know "face to face" the posters on both threads.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Maryann, I'm so happy that you & Jim, and all the others from Bella's and this thread, had a smashing time, and got to know "face to face" the posters on both threads.

Thank you so much, Dani.  It was a wonderful week with everyone.  We're all looking forward to our next Bella cruise, and hopefully you will be joining us, along with everyone else on our Dani thread.🙏. Recognizing and seeing familiar faces from those that post pictures on here was truly exciting for me!  Most especially John, Greg, Andrew, Sue, and Deb!!!😊

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Due to DH not feeling well, we had to cancel a few hours before our flight, boarding passes at the ready.

DH started complaining about back pain more than a week ago, happens to the best of families, took some very light pain reliever and hopped for the best.

By Tuesday, though, he made an app. with our family doctor for the following day. So, Wednesday evening he came home, saying that the dr. gave him something for the pain, and assured him that in 2 days time, he'll be good to go. Took the pill, had a good night sleep, and the future seemed pink.

Thursday evening he took a turn to worse, the pain radiating from the back all the way to his upper abdomen. We had a sleepless night, and at 8am were already at our dr. clinic, who, allegedly, had 8am-10am hours, it being Friday, a half day work here.

By 9am (!!) his secretary made an appearance, claiming she hasn't the foggiest idea when the dr. will follow.... IF he will follow.... 

Mind you, after noon on Friday, the only option is ER. In the end, the dr. was MIA. I'll add that he's our entire family dr for the last 25 years, but 4-5 years ago he started to "slack". We keep saying that we'll change him (we're allowed to do that every 3 months, but somehow we felt disloyal to actually do that).

We had my b'day celebration Friday evening, but I really wasn't in the mood... DH managed to put a brave face when we got to the restaurant, and DS1 (who was also celebrating his b'day), playfully offered to touch his father's aching back and take his pain away... and, miraculously, it worked!!!! He kept saying: "I'm pain free, I'm pain free". And the evening turned to be a very joyous one.

The "pain free" lasted well into the Saturday, we packed and decided that what we'll see and do -- it will be OK. The only thing missing will be DH's Nikon camera, which he decided not to schlepp because of his back.

But Saturday night the pain came back in force, to the point of me offering to take him to ER or call an ambulance. He refused, and we had a sleepless night, where it was clear to me that we'll have to cancel. All this time DH continued to take the daily pill, which didn't deliver.

Again, at 8am we were at the clinic, again, nobody showed until 9am, when we gave up and asked the clinic in-charge to find us another dr ASAP.  Luckily, there was a resident in a clinic nearby, who sent us ASAP to the nearest ER. By this time, I cancelled our flights and our riad (hotel) in Marakkech.

Some tests and roentgen pics later, nothing "catastrophic" was found (heart attack and pancreatitis was feared mostly), as the ER dr. phrased it, and I stubbornly asked for something to relieve hubby's pain. In the end, he was given an infusion and sent home with another prescription for his pain.

The big problem is that he's very limited in the range of pain relievers pills, since he has one kidney which took an "early retirement", and the other one reciprocated with a caught early RCC, so he's missing a chunk from the one and only working kidney. The struggle is always between pain and kidney...

The new pain reliever seems to slowly work, he manages to get an hour or two of sleep, and tomorrow -- another batch of BW.

It seems that we're not so lucky with our travels abroad lately. And, living in such a stressful country, we really need the breaks.........

Dani, sorry your husband is having to deal with the pain.   I pray they can find the cause and end the pain.  I hope you both can rest better tonight 💕

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am just waiting for my accountant to let me know they are finished with the taxes and I can pick them up.  It may be a few more weeks since I had to wait until the end of February to send them all the paperwork.  There is always that one report that is not ready any earlier.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I shared a golf cart with a guy last Tuesday who emailed our foursome that evening to say that he hadn't been feeling well while playing, went home, and tested positive for Covid.  I developed mild chest congestion and a slight cough that night.  Tested myself Wednesday...negative.  I was feeling slightly worse on Thursday and tested again...still negative.  By Saturday, I had added plugged ears and sinus congestion.  Tested a third time...again negative.  At this point, my golf buddy's wife had also tested positive. 

Either I've got a head cold (again) and the timing is a pure coincidence that I shared a golf cart with a Covid positive person and didn't catch it, or I somehow get false negatives when I test. 🤷‍♂️  Either way, I've been staying in the house for the last several days, trying not to cough or sneeze on Micheline.  The good news is that I've been able to file our tax return and get a few house projects done.

Glad you are feeling well enough to file taxes and do some projects.   

I filed our federal and state returns yesterday.   March is flying by.

Hopefully you will be back to 100% soon. 

I have to look but I think all our free covid test kits have expired.   I am hoping to never have to test again for Covid

Happy Spring Everyone🐇

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😆 last year I was basically done the end of January but I like to wait a day or two and recheck it.  I ended up checking it again early April 🙃

I usually wait until the last minute since we usually owe something but this year I wanted to have it done before our cruise so it's not in the back of my mind while sailing next week.   

I have a spreadsheet of where I keep track of all the income and expenses for our shore house rental as well as a spreadsheet for stocks that we buy/sell.   Sure does make it much easier when time to file.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Was looking at the artwork from the bird show, and some of those prices.  I think we got a better deal on the painting we just bought from a new impressionist.  Only $100!   Tried to talk the artist down a little, but he was firm. 

853ED5D6-9996-4B3A-880B-8D0190506CBB.thumb.jpeg.f3d97487dd5576d62a9a13be7c20a6c1.jpeg

Oh, did I mention he is 10, and my grandson. 😂

And Susan just paid for another original today, that is getting made into a beach towel. 

He is quite the artist.   Very nice painting.     

Maybe you can set up a table outside Park West😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So very sorry that your Husband is suffering and travel plans were cancelled.   I hope he receives some relief soon and that you both can get some sleep.    As always, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Yay!!  I didn't book yet, but will shortly.  We had such a great time, meeting face to face with our dear friends from CC; can't wait to do it again🤩

I will have to look into booking this too!    @Arzeena  Please remind the date so I can save on my calendar.    Thank you😍

• Like 3