Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We have Adventure schedule for next Feb...  I still love V and F class of ships. Having just done an Oasis class ship I was worried that it would ruin me for other classes but I find myself yearning for the familiar. Navigator in August as well as Adventure next year.

I, too, have no problem going back to V/F class ships even after multiple O class sailings. I find those smaller ships more relaxing. Though I have really come to like Q class ships which I didn't really have an interest in. Somehow Odyssey managed to win me over.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Thanks for thinking of us.  It all went very well.  It was DH’s first Mohs (I’d had one years ago) and he was very impressed with the whole team.  Only downside was…I didn’t realize he had asked for an afternoon appointment…I thought that was just the first available to him.  So his appointment was at 1:15…we arrive early as we’d never been there before…he has to wait an extra 75 minutes past his appointment time before being called.  Lesson learned; always get an early morning appointment!!!  So I wound up sitting in the waiting room for 4 hours.  It wouldn’t have been so bad if they didn’t have two televisions on two different programs!!  Argh!!

I hate waiting for appointments, and usually try to get early morning ones.

I did have something happen this week, that has never happened before.  I had a heart CT scan scheduled for Wednesday afternoon, and they said to come early to fill out paperwork.  They were able to do the scan as soon as my paperwork was done, and I was actually done and back home by the time the appointment was scheduled for.   I wish all appointments would go that smoothly. 

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I get the same way only for me I'm done eating and drinking by day 4-  I'm a lightweight

I know exactly what you are saying. I don't think it makes you a lightweight. My eating, drinking, and exercising on a cruise are so different than at home. By the end of the cruise I look forward to getting back to my normal routine as I just feel better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I had the same feeling.  Now, I am partial to those ships that have 8 night ((or longer) itineraries. 

I agree about the 8 nighters. I have a hard time looking at 7 night sailing. The extra day seems to make such a difference.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

She was approached by her longtime good friend who is a very successful lawyer who's been trying to get Linda to work with him for years. He asked her to take over several labor cases and she agreed. That turned into writing briefs for some other attorneys and then she took mediation training so she can become a mediator. The money is too good to pass up and will enable us to cruise more often. She can set her own schedule. I think she likes being back in the game I told her to do it as long as she enjoys it. So we will see how long it lasts. The income will be really nice.

I am doing an onsite video editing gig next week. I'll see if my freelance editing can pick up. It's nice to keep in shape. I've been doing nothing for over a year. I was getting kind of bored.

Very nice.  I'm willing to bet we (or your wife) share a few common acquaintances in the KC area legal community.  I have a couple good friends from school who live around Lakewood in Lee's Summit.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I, too, have no problem going back to V/F class ships even after multiple O class sailings. I find those smaller ships more relaxing. Though I have really come to like Q class ships which I didn't really have an interest in. Somehow Odyssey managed to win me over.

I loved both Odyssey and Ovation and I'd gladly sail either given the opportunity again.  The only thing I miss when on Q class is the Ice show.  It is always my favorite entertainment aboard Royal ships.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Very nice.  I'm willing to bet we (or your wife) share a few common acquaintances in the KC area legal community.  I have a couple good friends from school who live around Lakewood in Lee's Summit.

We live right next to Lakewood in a sub division called Oak Ridge Meadows. She was a longtime assistant prosecutor for Jackson County in family support.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We live right next to Lakewood in a sub division called Oak Ridge Meadows. She was a longtime assistant prosecutor for Jackson County in family support.

Yep, I think you're pretty close to both of them...they both live just off the lake on Lake Dr. 

Your wife probably knows a few of the Jackson Co. judges I went to school with.  I was in the same class as Pat Campbell, and a couple years behind Chip McKenzie and Dale Youngs.  

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Still poorly. Today is the 2nd time he has to stop taking a pain reliever, since it impacts his stomach.

We're quite at the end of our wits.

I am so sorry to hear this.  Are there any plans for further tests or doctors’ appointments?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I am so sorry to hear this.  Are there any plans for further tests or doctors’ appointments?

Thanks.

We're in a bit of "catch-22" here -- the blood tests so far are OK (my doctor friends say that the worst diagnosis for them is "unexplained", i.e. when everything is OK, but ... is not).

We're missing only one which tests the probability of multiple myeloma...

The orthopedist advised Monday to wait a week and see if there's no improvement, to do a "mapping of bones" test.

Our family doctor is, of course, on holiday until April 16th, and, bar an emergency, we can switch doctors only at the end of the month.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I hate waiting for appointments, and usually try to get early morning ones.

I did have something happen this week, that has never happened before.  I had a heart CT scan scheduled for Wednesday afternoon, and they said to come early to fill out paperwork.  They were able to do the scan as soon as my paperwork was done, and I was actually done and back home by the time the appointment was scheduled for.   I wish all appointments would go that smoothly. 

Isn't it great when you can get in early.  My DD just keeps getting appointments moved up for me.  My MRIs were scheduled at the end of April right before we will be taking off to Hawaii.   Now it will be the 1st week in April and the Neurologist will see me the following Monday!  

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks.

We're in a bit of "catch-22" here -- the blood tests so far are OK (my doctor friends say that the worst diagnosis for them is "unexplained", i.e. when everything is OK, but ... is not).

We're missing only one which tests the probability of multiple myeloma...

The orthopedist advised Monday to wait a week and see if there's no improvement, to do a "mapping of bones" test.

Our family doctor is, of course, on holiday until April 16th, and, bar an emergency, we can switch doctors only at the end of the month.

Sending you both our prayers 🙏 Dani that it is not multiple myeloma and your husband recovers quickly.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I know exactly what you are saying. I don't think it makes you a lightweight. My eating, drinking, and exercising on a cruise are so different than at home. By the end of the cruise I look forward to getting back to my normal routine as I just feel better.

Whether it's a cruise or land vacation,  after awhile I am ready to sleep in my own bed and get back to the normal routine too.  It is nice to take a break from the normal. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, NHProud said:

Sorry that you lost your sense of taste and smell . So did I for about a week then I read on-line about retraining the sense of smell from 

memory . I used Flonase twice a day and then as suggested smelled the essential oils of clove , eucalyptus, lemon and rose .  Found this info on Health Partners and Mayo web pages . Don’t know if it is folklore but it worked .  I could smell them immediately. 

Could you tell me the brand of the essential oils you bought on Amazon?  I have looked at essential oils locally but many are a blend of scents.  I have read the articles you are referring to and many others, and have considered trying retraining my sense of smell but had never heard of anyone who has actually tried doing it.  I didn't want to waste money and time if it is just a farce.  I lost both my sense of smell and taste from Covid in May 2022.

@Luckynana @derorim I hope you are both feeling better soon and don't have long term issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I loved both Odyssey and Ovation and I'd gladly sail either given the opportunity again.  The only thing I miss when on Q class is the Ice show.  It is always my favorite entertainment aboard Royal ships.  

If not for the ice show and Aqua Theater I would be perfectly happy with Q class... if they would bring Mamma Mia aboard.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Whether it's a cruise or land vacation,  after awhile I am ready to sleep in my own bed and get back to the normal routine too.  It is nice to take a break from the normal. 

No WC for you then. 🙂

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I lost both my sense of smell and taste from Covid in May 2022.

@Luckynana @derorim I hope you are both feeling better soon and don't have long term issues.

Thankfully, my taste and smell senses have started to return today.  So sorry yours have been gone so long.  Over 20 years ago Andy first experienced a distorted sense of smell, then lost taste and smell completely for about a year.  He found Dr. Henkin at the Taste and Smell Clinic in DC. and was evaluated and treated.  Andy eventually experienced a complete recovery.  I hope you do, too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1