Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

I thought I knew all the Canadian lingo but that one threw me for a loop 😁

Hydro electric, for our part of the country a fair amount of our power is created by water.  Niagara Falls being the main source. We also use natural gas turbines, wind and solar but it just gets labeled as hydro 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hope you are feeling better,Maryann

Thank you so much, Lenny.  Im feeling pretty good!

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

We stopped in Taormina on a cruise about five years ago. It's a lovely village

The latest series of The White Lotus was shot there 

Loved Taormina.. we had a great cannoli while there.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had uncontrollable tremors in my hands and could not hold my I -pad without dropping it . I also had virtually non stop dizziness and fell a few times but not on the ground.I was able to get to my bed as I was falling.I am feeling okay today.

I'm glad you're feeling better today, Lenny!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You can purchase it from your phone or laptop.

The onboard price on Anthem is $30/day now that they have starlink.   

Internet pricing is getting to be ridiculous. If I can't catch a good sale I may just go without.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you so much, Lenny.  Im feeling pretty good!

Loved Taormina.. we had a great cannoli while there.

I'm glad you're feeling better today, Lenny!

Thanks,Maryann.The Parkinsons medication has not worked at all.I have an appointment with my Neurologist  .

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

I have thought the same thing.  She hasn’t posted in John’s Belle thread in a while either.

She reacted to the Tribe thread yesterday.

If you click on a persons name their posting history shows.

Fortunately Bethany is well.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You can purchase it from your phone or laptop.

The onboard price on Anthem is $30/day now that they have starlink.   

Can you check what the price is per day on day 2 or day 3............not sure if it goes down into the cruises or stays the same per day.

Did you happen to take notice what the cost was before the cruises started, 2 or 3 months ago?

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,Maryann.The Parkinsons medication has not worked at all.I have an appointment with my Neurologist  .

I'm so sorry to hear that your medication isn't working for you.  I sure hope your neurologist can help find a medication that will work for you.💖

• Like 4

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Looks like an amazing place. Italy is beautiful. Should be a lot of fun 😘

@Sunshine3601 Debbie, I've noticed that Petey "brought" you a book for the cruise... "Shakeup" by Stuart Woods. That's a new author for me, and I'd like your impressions. 

Stuart Woods is a very good author. I still think "Chiefs" is one of the best novels ever. (From any author) And if you ever get a chance to watch the mini-series it was very well done. That would be the Will Lee series, but the other books don't reach the caliber of "Chiefs". His Stone Barrington series is fun. As is the Holly Barker series. He is not consistently a good writer, but generally his novels are very enjoyable. (IMO) ☺️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Can you check what the price is per day on day 2 or day 3............not sure if it goes down into the cruises or stays the same per day.

Did you happen to take notice what the cost was before the cruises started, 2 or 3 months ago?

It doesn't go down. (Or at least it hasn't on our recent cruises.) You can either forgo your D+ discount and purchase it at a lower price before you leave. Or we wait until the last 3 or 4 days of the cruise and purchase it then on our own accounts. I'm not really good at sharing. If you purchase it onboard, your 2 day D+ discount will be factored in, but it will be at the higher prices. 

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm so sorry to hear that your medication isn't working for you.  I sure hope your neurologist can help find a medication that will work for you.💖

There is no cure for Parkinson’s and I was recently told that I have Stage 3.The worst is Stage 5.Medication can only help with the pain and dizziness ,The best medication for me has been the love I receive from my grandchildren.

• Like 17

If it is to check on the cats, of course, just one person could buy it. Bobby didn't do well, while we were gone. He has anxiety, is hyperthyroid, he wasn't getting his meds regularly from the cat sitter, or eating and he lost a lot of weight in just 16 days. But there was nothing we could have done about it. Our cat sitter is our 20-year-old next door neighbor, who loves cats. And we pay him a very reasonable $20/day to take care of the cat and feed the squirrels. 

He is getting back to fine condition and weight, now that he is back on his schedule. So, we are just going to be cruise less until Bobby is gone. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Visited National Aviary this afternoon. Thought I’d share some pics.

Got to feed the Lorikeets. (first pic)  They really love that nectar!  They fly right down & grab onto a finger to eat right out of your hand.

How fun! What beautiful photos! Thanks for posting them. Feeding lorikeets is so fun. ☺️

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Coralc said:

It doesn't go down. (Or at least it hasn't on our recent cruises.) You can either forgo your D+ discount and purchase it at a lower price before you leave. Or we wait until the last 3 or 4 days of the cruise and purchase it then on our own accounts. I'm not really good at sharing. If you purchase it onboard, your 2 day D+ discount will be factored in, but it will be at the higher prices. 

Guess we are best to book the 1 package @ $17.99 per day now with 2 devices($391) and leave it at that. Rather then waiting onboard, 4 free days..........then 10 days  @ $30.00 a day, $300,  then adding a 2nd device to  that $300 package has to be more then $91.00 right?

14 day cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

He is getting back to fine condition and weight, now that he is back on his schedule. So, we are just going to be cruise less until Bobby is gone. 

Patti, I feel your pain.  Been there, done that.  Bobby is lucky to have you.  Hugs,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I haven't seen @TravelGirlinDallas Bethany post in quite some time.  Hope all is well with her and her family.

6 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I have thought the same thing.  She hasn’t posted in John’s Belle thread in a while either.

Thanks for asking! I have been overwhelmed lately. My company was bought out in December, so that’s been a whole thing in itself. Then we had our Princess CA coastal cruise during spring break two weeks ago (amazing!), so that required a lot of planning/packing/prep. This cruise was planned long before I knew about the buyout at work, but it was unfortunate timing.

Two days after we returned to TX, I had to pack up again and spent most of last week at the new company’s HDQ in San Antonio to attend last-minute meetings about merging our accounting systems, which will happen next week. 

I wish I could fast-forward a couple of months until the worst of the integration is over.

Here are a couple of pics from our cruise:

8BEDB687-6F78-4867-8865-049239C6D944.thumb.jpeg.31d0c392864352b11e4df589dddba810.jpeg

BA8C4808-D316-4F86-95FF-2461C5687B6F.thumb.jpeg.75957691801fcb7f9d2ae901fef5723b.jpeg

Beautiful brand-new ship

4CD18973-BD42-4CFB-94B3-440ED0BE1E67.thumb.jpeg.4d5311b700c0ef0e5214d91b84736644.jpeg

This forward-facing balcony was fun to try! It was so roomy, and the price was great because it was considered obstructed. 

1F8FCA37-4F0A-4F66-AD93-2D9287F513B6.thumb.jpeg.ae7b33d364b9c25c9a722208c60a52ef.jpeg

D1A86B02-BBA2-4DC5-A186-1BD81CC88EC2.thumb.jpeg.4f3efde4ee7af1aefc100dbf27376ea5.jpeg

95BD34E7-96AF-4C95-A4C9-B43A5903754A.thumb.jpeg.92f313abf2ed9db0a95bf28d29c66fa0.jpeg

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Guess we are best to book the 1 package @ $17.99 per day now with 2 devices($391) and leave it at that. Rather then waiting onboard, 4 free days..........then 10 days  @ $30.00 a day, $300,  then adding a 2nd device to  that $300 package has to be more then $91.00 right?

14 day cruise.

Yes probably. It was very expensive ($33.99) for even the extra day on Serenade. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thanks for asking! I have been overwhelmed lately. My company was bought out in December, so that’s been a whole thing in itself. Then we had our Princess CA coastal cruise during spring break two weeks ago (amazing!), so that required a lot of planning/packing/prep. 

Two days after we returned to TX, I had to pack up again and spent most of last week at the new company’s HDQ in San Antonio to attend last-minute meetings about merging our accounting systems, which will happen next week. 

I wish I could fast-forward a couple of months until the worst of the integration is over.

Here are a couple of pics from our cruise:

8BEDB687-6F78-4867-8865-049239C6D944.thumb.jpeg.31d0c392864352b11e4df589dddba810.jpeg

BA8C4808-D316-4F86-95FF-2461C5687B6F.thumb.jpeg.75957691801fcb7f9d2ae901fef5723b.jpeg

4CD18973-BD42-4CFB-94B3-440ED0BE1E67.thumb.jpeg.4d5311b700c0ef0e5214d91b84736644.jpeg

1F8FCA37-4F0A-4F66-AD93-2D9287F513B6.thumb.jpeg.ae7b33d364b9c25c9a722208c60a52ef.jpeg

D1A86B02-BBA2-4DC5-A186-1BD81CC88EC2.thumb.jpeg.4f3efde4ee7af1aefc100dbf27376ea5.jpeg

95BD34E7-96AF-4C95-A4C9-B43A5903754A.thumb.jpeg.92f313abf2ed9db0a95bf28d29c66fa0.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope your work settles down soon. Looks like you had a wonderful cruise. Beautiful pictures of the three of you.  Oh, that balcony!

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Patti, I feel your pain.  Been there, done that.  Bobby is lucky to have you.  Hugs,

Thank you, Pat., He was so stressed and skinny when we arrived home. Cat Sitter actually sent us video of him spitting out his pills. ☺️

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thank you, Pat., He was so stressed and skinny when we arrived home. Cat Sitter actually sent us video of him spitting out his pills. ☺️

Our cat loves the pet sitter, we spend extra to spend extra time he loves being groomed and petted , we get daily pictures, helps us enjoy the vacation, but he wanted constant attention when we returned.

• Like 4