Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

57 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Just finished watching the Coronation.  Taped it so I didn’t have to get up at the crack of dawn….   Just amazing.  Beautiful pageantry. 

I made it about 5 1/2 hours thru of the 11 hours recorded as I also recorded the pre- and post-coronation shows. But then nice weather has drawn me outside so I'll finish watching tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

Don't tell me how it ends. 😉😇

• Haha 11

19 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What happens to Camilla if she outlives Charles?

Probably gets moved to Clarence House. That’s where the Queen Mum lived. I think she was also Queen Consort. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have been watching the coronation for 3 hours.

Charles and Camilla have just arrived at Westminster abbey.

Pauline, Sarah and I had a nice breakfast.

IMG_20230506_101657.jpg

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Graham, I love pork and beans with breakfast!

I agree, all my favorite foods are on that plate.   And the food is arranged perfectly and symmetrically. And is that a toast rack holder thingy in the middle of the table? How did I not know that such a thing exists?

@grapau27, if I ever find myself in Merry Ole Jolly NE England, I'm dropping by for dinner...or breakfast. 😊

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I agree, all my favorite foods are on that plate.   And the food is arranged perfectly and symmetrically. And is that a toast rack holder thingy in the middle of the table? How did I not know that such a things exists?

@grapau27, if I ever find myself in Merry Ole Jolly NE England, I'm dropping by for dinner...or breakfast. 😊

Yes it was a toast rack.

It would be great to see you and we would happily take you out for a nice meal.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

Heading your way next weekend for my niece's wedding.  Supposed to be nice for the wedding Saturday then turn cold Sunday (cold for me anyway)

High 70's Saturday, low 70's Sunday, although it might be a bit cooler along the LI Sound if that's where the reception is.  Either way, Saturday is definitely the better day. Enjoy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Since I just started watching NetFlix "The Crown" and am only on Season 2, I have a question for anyone to answer.  When Elizabeth ascended to the throne & became Queen, her husband Philip did not become King. He stayed a Duke and later became Prince. 

However, now that Charles is becoming King, how come Camilla will become Queen?

I don't understand the difference as to why one is elevated and one is not. Is it a blood line thing?

Traditionally a husband doesn't  take his wife's rank but a women takes her husbands.

So for instance if a women had the title of Lady , her husband would not become a Lord at marriage 

The late Queen gave Phillip the title of Duke of Edinburgh 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The Kentucky Derby pre-race show is on TV so I decided to make myself a Mint Julep.  I just realized that the race doesn't start for another 2.5 hours.  I'd better limit myself to one Mint Julep or I won't be awake to watch the race!

Julep Cup 0

• Like 15

20 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I still remember the day I got my license. It's a huge milestone in a guy's life. 

And a girls ! Think it was the fifth attempt before I got it 🫢

• Like 5

15 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good morning, it’s a Royally beautiful sunny Saturday in Sydney.  

Some families were even swimming at the natural  harbour swimming pool at Marrinawi Cove at Barangaroo. This only opened summer just gone. I haven’t had a swim here yet.

0C14D532-04C0-4AD0-B3EF-094F9C444DC3.thumb.jpeg.6478ea316cab0367738e06ff1cf38282.jpeg

ED8C98EB-B9DC-4136-BB3E-51284BCBB456.thumb.jpeg.69c8c4737cc848f475640b305ab86014.jpeg

The Coronation coverage is on at a very civilised 7.30pm tonight so looking forward to popping open a bottle of bubbly after dinner & settling down to watch.

Looks like a lovely snd safe place to swim. On my favourite Perranporth Beach in Cornwall there's a very large rock on the beach with a half man made,  half natural pool, which gets a change of water every time the tide comes in

The weather looks fab, better than here, we've had rain all day.  It's been a really cool spring so far 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Lovely to see the King & Queen Consort travelling in the Diamond Jubilee State Coach that was designed & built in Australia 🇦🇺 1000470A-BF37-41E7-AE81-577493029740.thumb.jpeg.b3184606e16effd25e34c8a8a80ef1e5.jpeg

93202A7D-B107-4855-804D-A83CFB960BEE.thumb.jpeg.e8b29927068603d98d49bc65942b5d67.jpeg

The commentators mentioned that during the procession 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol sorry such nice dishes and all ... and then what looks like pork n beans all over the plates. Just not my idea of breakfast. Takes it down a notch from the fancy setting.

What an awful comment to make.

The pork happens to be proper butchers sausages.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

Pauline quickly put something together while we were watching our king's coronation and we all loved the sausages,fried eggs,bacon and beans.

I prepped much of our food yesterday. I made a raspberry cake which we had with Pimms around midday and then a very late lunch of baked jacket potato,  salad and coronation chicken with a bottle of bubbly.

Youngest Son, DIL and g/son spent the day with us.

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Just finished watching the Coronation.  Taped it so I didn’t have to get up at the crack of dawn….   Just amazing.  Beautiful pageantry. 

I really enjoyed it too.

Your first lady and granddaughter looked stunning in their outfits. 

Music was fab and I enjoyed the whole pageantry of it. Some elements went back 1000 years

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I prepped much of our food yesterday. I made a raspberry cake which we had with Pimms around midday and then a very late lunch of baked jacket potato,  salad and coronation chicken with a bottle of bubbly.

Youngest Son, DIL and g/son spent the day with us.

We brought Sarah to ours yesterday and had a big dinner last night.

Sarah stopped overnight and we had breakfast while watching the coronation.

We had some vol au vons with chicken fillings and a few snacks later while watching the coronation 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think Camilla looked very queenly. I thought she looked rather out of place.

The whole thing is more about him. She actually had a much bigger role than Phillip did in the last coronation 

I thought she looked pretty good, especially sitting ram rod straight at her age and having to cope with the heavy train and crown 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sgmn said:

The whole thing is more about him. She actually had a much bigger role than Phillip did in the last coronation 

I thought she looked pretty good, especially sitting ram rod straight at her age and having to cope with the heavy train and crown 

+1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Yes it was a toast rack.

It would be great to see you and we would happily take you out for a nice meal.

When I see pork n beans I still will think hawaii. There you would also brown up some spam, maybe add a little water to make them more soupy and pour over rice.

I didnt say I dont eat them or anything, I said they hold different memories for me. I think country and eating outside, not fancy like you eat. It wasnt meant as a criticism. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I also noticed how ram rod straight she stood. Odd you would use that word. I wondered how she was feeling. Maybe you are right, it was the crown, maybe she was afraid if she bent too much it might fall off. Idk. 

I enjoyed watching it on tv. I'm glad they made him the new monarch. Too bad about the rain. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The first summer drink of the summer season....

Kraken, vodka, Ocean Spray cran-mango.

20230506_130207.thumb.jpg.d27cceb6dc013f225ac31e049b81b800.jpg

Interesting combination of Kraken and Vodka.  I was trying to decide between the two tonight and went with vodka (Cosmo).  Next time I will try combining the two.

• Like 2