Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

36 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

And this happened a few miles from home. 

IMG_9280.thumb.jpeg.83786870fffed3eaa309b75e5c0d0899.jpeg

IMG_9285.thumb.jpeg.93785d9fadcbce28874c470b621cf511.jpeg

You have farm land, don't you. Owen must have been driving something out there. I grew up on a dairy farm in Pa.  First time I drove, my dad picked me up, put me on the tractor seat, told me not to run over the hay bales, put the tractor into first gear, let go of the clutch. I still remember.  Didn't run over hay bales. Couldn't stop because I wasn't big enough to push the clutch pedal down. By the time I was 16, I had been driving farm equipment on public highways for years.  The biggest lesson was hauling a wagon load of hay down a hill, amid the load is more than the tractor can handle amid the tractor starts to slide, and you have to figure out how to stop it, without dumping the load of hay on the ground. which of course I would have to wools have to do by myself.  Never had to do this.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 4

Just now, Keksie said:

My husband grew up on a farm in South Dakota.  He was the oldest and started driving tractors when he was 7.  His next two brothers are still farming up there.  

That's the way it works. I was the only son. I left to become a mechanical engineer, my dad sold the farm and became a stock broker. Best move I could have made.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We picked Owen up early at school today, for this to happen…

IMG_9257.thumb.jpeg.94056c0c2edb059b84a0ca940956ba93.jpeg

IMG_8377.thumb.jpeg.e207de86a73a02a42ec4311b198964ea.jpeg

14 minutes later this happened. Owen now has his beginner license.

Meanwhile we watched many who had to rewrite their test because they had more than 4 wrong per section of the test. Owen had 3 wrong in total. One person only had 8 right out of 20. 😱

IMG_9263.thumb.jpeg.a14113aef338473b0b6d7090700aa827.jpeg

I still remember the day I got my license. It's a huge milestone in a guy's life. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

What I found online is that titles are still a bit sexist in that male titles outrank female titles.  If Philip were to have the title King, he would therefore outrank Queen Elizabeth, so he was "only" a Prince.  Camilla however can be Queen and not outrank King Charles.

Why Camilla is Queen and Prince Philip Was Not King – A Royal Expert Explains | Glamour UK (glamourmagazine.co.uk)

What happens to Camilla if she outlives Charles?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

DH and couple other guys went to play golf yesterday at the Royal Ka’anapali golf course.  So sorry @CruiszBug’s DH couldn’t make it.

5888397F-4989-4953-BB6A-D7BFCFFA9668.thumb.jpeg.1bf033f2688483b6088be31470923999.jpeg

594D6590-AAE3-47B9-BF13-E20DFA1DDBE5.thumb.jpeg.3e7ef0fb351804a732492cccefc1be17.jpeg

0736211B-DDC4-4448-A18E-53DF6BE9BB9E.thumb.jpeg.9a64a42370dce722dc3354d3c16805fe.jpeg

In 1945 a cousin of mine married a woman native to Oahu.Her father gave the newly married couple land that he owned .My cousin sold it to a developer who planned to build a hotel and golf course.The sale went through with the proviso that my cousin and his wife could stay at the hotel and play the course without charge.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@A&L_OntHappy 16th Birthday to Owen!

Congratulations on passing his written test for his driver's license!!!!

My twin daughters also share Cinco DeMayo Birthdays today.😊

I hope they had great birthdays. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I still remember the day I got my license. It's a huge milestone in a guy's life. 

I still remember the first day I received mine in the mail, and I left it on the kitchen table so my dad could see it....And he swept it up unintentionally with newspaper and papers and threw it away. 🙄 And then I made 2 trips to the DMV, because I had to have a signed consent form to have it replaced. ☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I hope they had great birthdays. 

Thank you, Andrew.  One daughter went to her son's Tennis game, and our other daughter went to her daughter's Lacrosse game.  We're going to celebrate together on Sunday.😊

• Like 6

5 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We live in the Dallas area too.  Heading out in a minute with my hat and bottle of water.  

It’s been a cool spring.  The pools usually open April 1st.   Most mornings in April on my commute (before the sun comes up) it’s been in the 50’s.  Now we’ll go right into the heat.  Not really complaining, it’s just been cooler then I usually remember April and even March to have been in years past.

Alright!  Our numbers grow.  Now we have 5 posters in here who live in the Dallas area.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Andrew.  One daughter went to her son's Tennis game, and our other daughter went to her daughter's Lacrosse game.  We're going to celebrate together on Sunday.😊

Maryann, Happy Birthday to your twin daughters.

What a great birthday present Owen got!  I got my driver's license when I was an adult after I moved to the suburbs.  Not as exciting as when one gets it at a young age.

• Like 3

On 5/4/2023 at 4:17 PM, dani negreanu said:

Random people in Marrakech

Dani, your photos are amazing... Marrakech is so colorful!!!!

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I felt so bad for the horses waiting hours in the scorching weather.

image.thumb.jpeg.15451f66d8286c8885232a170ba88681.jpeg

I always felt the same way about the horses in Cozumel.  I noticed in recent years that they made little shade tents for the horses that connected to their harness so they always had shade on their backs, at least.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2023 at 5:12 PM, bobmacliberty said:

I feel your pain.  The next step beyond recitals is competitive dance.  Multiple outfits for different dance routines, additional monthly expense to the studio for all of the practice...usually 3 or 4 days a week, and then travel expenses to all of the different competitions.  I started to add it all up once and decided that I was better off not knowing the total cost.  

This reminds me of my years as a hockey parent.  New gear every year because the kid outgrew everything, and then a couple years later my kid started playing goalie in addition to skating out, so we had double gear to buy every year -- player skates and goalie skates, player shinpads and goalie leg pads, player pants and goalie pants, skater gloves and goalie glove/blocker, player chest and goalie chest, player helmet and goalie helmet, player stick and goalie stick.  

Then you add in the association fees, the tournament fees, the cost for ice for practices and games, the cost for refs for games, and all the traveling (my kid played for a team a couple counties away, so even practices involved travel).  

But it was worth every minute... the other hockey families become your family, and memories are priceless.

• Like 8

On 5/4/2023 at 5:55 PM, bobmacliberty said:

The toilet in our master bathroom has a slow leak between the tank and the bowl.  Every hour or so, the water level in the tank would drop enough for the fill valve to open for about 5 seconds to fill the tank.  It was slightly annoying and certainly a waste of water, so I finally got around to "fixing" it yesterday.  I decided to just replace all of the parts in the tank and the gasket between the tank and the bowl.  After 2 trips to Lowes and about 3 hours of work, it's still not working right.  I've got one more thing to try and if that doesn't work, time to throw in the towel and call a plumber.  I have no problem doing anything electrical, but I hate plumbing work.

Don't you remember, the "three trips rule" to DIY?  🤣

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes they are fully grown. Charlie weighs about 25 pounds and Lizzy weighs about 17. Since she was the runt of the litter. Vet does not think they will grow any bigger.

My cat joebob is 17 pounds he used to be 22 pounds, he was more than double his sister.

• Like 2