Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

It essentially is brand new, since I replaced everything but the porcelain.  We do however have completely new toilets on our to do list.  Ever since experiencing a fully automatic toilet at our hotel in Kauai, I've had my eye on this:

WASHLET | TOTO

We just need to put an electrical outlet behind the toilet location to power the toilet.  That's not something I ever thought I'd be saying. 😁

We had this toilet at our hotel in Waikiki also.  The seat is always warm.  I saw this same Toto toilet at Costco in Oahu for If I remember right, $399.

D0D4C181-998C-41C0-90B1-1FD6D796DF10.thumb.jpeg.e231af9d46ce3735522b3ebec0b1d936.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Amazing as Camilla went from "Princess Consort", to "Queen Consort" and finally "Queen Camilla" so smoothly....

Since I just started watching NetFlix "The Crown" and am only on Season 2, I have a question for anyone to answer.  When Elizabeth ascended to the throne & became Queen, her husband Philip did not become King. He stayed a Duke and later became Prince. 

However, now that Charles is becoming King, how come Camilla will become Queen?

I don't understand the difference as to why one is elevated and one is not. Is it a blood line thing?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

When Elizabeth ascended to the throne & became Queen, her husband Philip did not become King. He stayed a Duke and later became Prince

Just "winging it"....

It seems to me that it's a "gender" thing.... Look at the Netherlands -- it had a "string" of 4 queens, and all their husbands were a "mere" Prince. Now they have a King and his wife is a Queen.

Same with Denmark. The late Prince Henrik was so angry not to become a King, that he asked to be buried separately from his [queen] wife ☹️

Queen Victoria's DH was also a "mere" Prince Albert.

Edited by dani negreanu
added Queen Victoria
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Since I just started watching NetFlix "The Crown" and am only on Season 2, I have a question for anyone to answer.  When Elizabeth ascended to the throne & became Queen, her husband Philip did not become King. He stayed a Duke and later became Prince. 

I don't understand the difference as to why one is elevated and one is not. Is it a blood line thing?

What I found online is that titles are still a bit sexist in that male titles outrank female titles.  If Philip were to have the title King, he would therefore outrank Queen Elizabeth, so he was "only" a Prince.  Camilla however can be Queen and not outrank King Charles.

Why Camilla is Queen and Prince Philip Was Not King – A Royal Expert Explains | Glamour UK (glamourmagazine.co.uk)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We enjoyed our meal and Pauline, Sarah and I are chatting.

Screenshot_20230505_205523.jpg

IMG_20230505_190311.jpg

Thank you , Graham .  What a delicious meal to be enjoyed with your family.  Beautiful table , too . 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Soccer game to watch the grandson in at the height of the heat today.  Last week I was in a hooded sweatshirt.  We went from winter here to summer.

Can you let us know where in TX you are?

Drink plenty of water.  I would get one of those misters I've seen on Amazon.

There were days I had my car heater on in the morning and the AC on in the afternoon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

We picked Owen up early at school today, for this to happen…

IMG_9257.thumb.jpeg.94056c0c2edb059b84a0ca940956ba93.jpeg

IMG_8377.thumb.jpeg.e207de86a73a02a42ec4311b198964ea.jpeg

14 minutes later this happened. Owen now has his beginner license.

Meanwhile we watched many who had to rewrite their test because they had more than 4 wrong per section of the test. Owen had 3 wrong in total. One person only had 8 right out of 20. 😱

IMG_9263.thumb.jpeg.a14113aef338473b0b6d7090700aa827.jpeg

Now that’s what I call “Happy Birthday to me!”

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Can you let us know where in TX you are?

Drink plenty of water.  I would get one of those misters I've seen on Amazon.

There were days I had my car heater on in the morning and the AC on in the afternoon.

We live in the Dallas area too.  Heading out in a minute with my hat and bottle of water.  

It’s been a cool spring.  The pools usually open April 1st.   Most mornings in April on my commute (before the sun comes up) it’s been in the 50’s.  Now we’ll go right into the heat.  Not really complaining, it’s just been cooler then I usually remember April and even March to have been in years past.

Edited by cruiselvr04
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Screenshot_20230505_221658.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Congrats to Owen and congrats for his 16th birthday 

Over here you can apply for a provisional licence at 16 , but not start driving until 17 or take your theory tests till 17

In Ontario it is a graduated license.  Now that he has his G1 beginners license the earliest he can go for the next level of licence is in 12 months. Unless he takes a driver’s education course with in class and in car instruction, and then he can take his first in car test in 8 months. We have these lessons booked for 4 days the first week of July. When you pass the first in car test you then get your G2 licence and you can then drive by yourself with some limitations. 12 months after that you take another road test you then get your full G licence and have full driving privileges.

There are limitations for each of the two earliest stages, for example limits such as no freeways, no driving after midnight to 5am, etc, and then it lessened with the G2 license. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Just now, George C said:

Your puppies are getting big

Yes they are fully grown. Charlie weighs about 25 pounds and Lizzy weighs about 17. Since she was the runt of the litter. Vet does not think they will grow any bigger.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

And this happened a few miles from home. 

IMG_9280.thumb.jpeg.83786870fffed3eaa309b75e5c0d0899.jpeg

IMG_9285.thumb.jpeg.93785d9fadcbce28874c470b621cf511.jpeg

Congratulations to Owen on passing the first test.  Let the fun begin.
Your driving process sounds similar to ours.  One of the restrictions as well speed limit is that they are not permitted to have extra passengers in the car after 11pm.  We have L plate for learners (under supervision) then red P and then green P and finally full licence.  120 hours of logged supervised driving is required which I think is a great requirement for learning to drive here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1