Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Along the way, there was a Lahaina Christmas Store.  This one is for you, Greg, @Sea Dog.  

D5E92A9A-5FD0-4452-9561-E1FE2A324651.thumb.jpeg.d97b32cfe72ea456797d1a8c44023727.jpeg

45BC1425-E72E-41D6-95B7-6592D4A206BF.thumb.jpeg.ab2d8de39cb8775ae17c0c4c3fa81427.jpeg

0F3A41CA-7FFB-4F41-BCFF-19EDE78BB5D1.thumb.jpeg.c3f87e967aa0ba6289e2d831e3bc13cd.jpeg

All kinds of Hawaiian themed Christmas ornaments

5840AC32-6467-4D98-9864-09DBA2394023.thumb.jpeg.2ea53630fe1cd8fd847ee150d769f4e4.jpeg

Pineapple ornaments.  All hanging upright

CC241972-2DFD-4BAC-85A4-73FFF327708F.thumb.jpeg.d74afe5111c4daaa3c6f8247d8a26753.jpeg

Thank you, you made my day. Thinking of Christmas puts me in my happy place. Only 234 days till Christmas!!

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We thought of you too Greg!  I guess you are on everyone's mind! 

20230504_150810.thumb.jpg.7c8857fa38cba73c2fb396b79e149a37.jpg

I love these. I need to get a Hawaiian Santa.

• Like 6

It's going to hit 94 today.  AND we have tons of stuff to do today in the heat.  Up to 54% humidity. Better sweat than freeze, I always say.

@dani negreanu Sorry you had problems on your way home but at least you're safe and can now hopefully relax and relive all the wonderful memories you both made.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Happy Cinco de Mayo, my favorite day!    Going down to AC for margaritas in Harrahs Diamond Club and to find my lost money🤪

If you don't find yours hopefully you find mine from earlier this years although that mostly Ceasars.  I definitely don't have Sue's luck.  Enjoy your trip.

9 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

It's going to hit 94 today.  AND we have tons of stuff to do today in the heat.  Up to 54% humidity. Better sweat than freeze, I always say.

Agree, much prefer the heat to the cold.  You have a fun trip coming up too, don't overdo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

It's going to hit 94 today.  AND we have tons of stuff to do today in the heat.  Up to 54% humidity. 

Soccer game to watch the grandson in at the height of the heat today.  Last week I was in a hooded sweatshirt.  We went from winter here to summer.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The toilet in our master bathroom has a slow leak between the tank and the bowl.  Every hour or so, the water level in the tank would drop enough for the fill valve to open for about 5 seconds to fill the tank.  It was slightly annoying and certainly a waste of water, so I finally got around to "fixing" it yesterday.  I decided to just replace all of the parts in the tank and the gasket between the tank and the bowl.  After 2 trips to Lowes and about 3 hours of work, it's still not working right.  I've got one more thing to try and if that doesn't work, time to throw in the towel and call a plumber.  I have no problem doing anything electrical, but I hate plumbing work.

I'm the opposite. Maybe because my father was a plumber by trade, I don't mind doing plumbing work. Growing up I'd be his helper,  meaning I'd hand him the tools or have to hold a pipe in place while he solder.  And clean up the mess afterwards, of course.

Now, I didn't say I enjoy plumbing or are good at it.  I can get the job done but won't look pretty doing it. I'd say you are pretty much on track. Multiple trips to the store and 3-4 hours for a 30 minute repair job is pretty much my speed.

On the other hand, electrical work scares me. Literally. If I screw up a plumbing job, I flood the floor. I screw up an electrical job, my house might burn down in the middle of the night.

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Had something similar happening to one of my daughter’s toilets. I finally tracked down the problem to a misalignment of the chain between the flapper and the handle.  It wasn’t allowing a complete seal of the flapper.  After making a couple adjustments, that solved her problem.

That's happen to me multiple times. The tiny links in the chain can sometimes get entangled just a bit, just enough to let water slowly drip out.

I'm sure @bobmacliberty did all his research ahead of time but sometimes a leaky toilet just needs the tank to have a good scrubbing.  Lime, mineral deposits or just plain gunk can stop a flapper from sealing correctly.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm the opposite. Maybe because my father was a plumber by trade, I don't mind doing plumbing work. Growing up I'd be his helper,  meaning I'd hand him the tools or have to hold a pipe in place while he solder.  And clean up the mess afterwards, of course.

Now, I didn't say I enjoy plumbing or are good at it.  I can get the job done but won't look pretty doing it. I'd say you are pretty much on track. Multiple trips to the store and 3-4 hours for a 30 minute repair job is pretty much my speed.

On the other hand, electrical work scares me. Literally. If I screw up a plumbing job, I flood the floor. I screw up an electrical job, my house might burn down in the middle of the night.

That's happen to me multiple times. The tiny links in the chain can sometimes get entangled just a bit, just enough to let water slowly drip out.

I'm sure @bobmacliberty did all his research ahead of time but sometimes a leaky toilet just needs the tank to have a good scrubbing.  Lime, mineral deposits or just plain gunk can stop a flapper from sealing correctly.

I am capable of changing a lightbulb, anything else we call a handyman, luckily they are fairly cheap in Dallas area . My dad was as handy as I am . 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Finally on our way cruise bound.  We will stay one night in Bologna, one night in Trieste and then board NCL Gem for five days on Croatian coast.  First cruise since September 2019.  Feels odd, like I am on a first ever cruise.  🥳🥳🥳🥳

We love the NCL Gem! Sailed her many times when she was home ported in NYC.Our favorite in Jewel class.

Enjoy your cruise and have fun! Bon Voyage!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We love the NCL Gem! Sailed her many times when she was home ported in NYC.Our favorite in Jewel class.

We were on Norwegian Gems maiden voyage from Dover England in October 2007.

It was Pauline's dad's last cruise.

We took Pauline's mam a year later on Norwegian Gem in memory of Pauline's dad.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

What a fabulous trip you have planned.  Love Neil Diamond.  Look forward to your kitchen photos and later any NYC photos if you care to share.

My wife’s sister went to high school with Neil Diamond .She said he was a good singer then but not the best in the school.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

We too loved the Gem as you know .We met wonderful people on it .

One of my neighbors has cruised on the Gem about 30 times .She said recently that since the Gem will no longer sail out of NY she is going to try RCI.

• Like 2