Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just received by courier from Royal Caribbean Crown& Anchor.

IMG_20230509_150236.jpg

Good looking block. Congrats!

@BonTexasNY  Wishing you safe travels for you and Jack and have a fantastic time.

@Luckynana Sounds like a great time. Enjoy!

@FromSea2ShiningSea Loving your pics. Have you seen any good Tiki bars?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

The Royal excursion incl lunch and drinks is $71 but it doesn't really say much about transportation other than "its a short ride away".  It doesn't say if I'm committed to the entire day. I have a short attention span.  I know I can just get myself back to the ship on my own.

• Begin with a short drive and walk past shimmering fountains and waterfalls to Chankanaab Park, where the fun awaits.

Duplicate 

Edited by c-leg5

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

The Royal excursion incl lunch and drinks is $71 but it doesn't really say much about transportation other than "its a short ride away".  It doesn't say if I'm committed to the entire day. I have a short attention span.  I know I can just get myself back to the ship on my own.

• Begin with a short drive and walk past shimmering fountains and waterfalls to Chankanaab Park, where the fun awaits.

That was the excursion we had booked (but had to cancel) on sale for $50pp so watch out for reductions. For us, at that price, including lunch and drinks it was a no-brainer. I think independent entrance is now about $26pp (you can find a $2 off coupon online) and taxi is about $13-15 for 1-4, each way.

My daughter had had a similar food package with the dolphins and manatees tour a few years ago and it included a basic buffet lunch at a designated restaurant, and I think a couple of drinks. They went in a group taxi from the port and had options for return time. Easy enough to get your own taxi back if you tell the tour guide but I don’t think you will have a problem. It seemed fairly flexible as there are lots of tours going on. You were not restricted to your group, although this was a few years ago - things change!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Just received by courier from Royal Caribbean Crown& Anchor.

IMG_20230509_150236.jpg

I'm still waiting on 2 blocks.  Called C&A March 1st (Brandon) and was told that I should have a tracking number in 2 weeks.  Called again on April 26 (8 weeks later...Arthur) and was told that it's still in process and they can't give me an expected delivery date.  Arthur, sensing my frustration, tried to coddle me by telling me that 8 weeks is typical.  Big mistake.  I reminded him that my first block is from a year ago and my second is from last fall...much MUCH longer than 8 weeks.  I asked if they have been in process that long or were they missed and the process wasn't actually started until I called on March 1.  He didn't have an answer (yeah, right).  I'd much rather have them say that the process didn't start until I called (ship happens and the blocks are not that big of a deal) than lie to me (both Brandon and Arthur) and treat me like an idiot.  Either way, I'm not holding my breath.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm still waiting on 2 blocks.  Called C&A March 1st (Brandon) and was told that I should have a tracking number in 2 weeks.  Called again on April 26 (8 weeks later...Arthur) and was told that it's still in process and they can't give me an expected delivery date.  Arthur, sensing my frustration, tried to coddle me by telling me that 8 weeks is typical.  Big mistake.  I reminded him that my first block is from a year ago and my second is from last fall...much MUCH longer than 8 weeks.  I asked if they have been in process that long or were they missed and the process wasn't actually started until I called on March 1.  He didn't have an answer (yeah, right).  I'd much rather have them say that the process didn't start until I called (ship happens and the blocks are not that big of a deal) than lie to me (both Brandon and Arthur) and treat me like an idiot.  Either way, I'm not holding my breath.  

That is a shame. Keep after them.

• Like 1

Our housekeepers were very impressed with new kitchen , liked the new wine fridge, we had a smaller one , now we can keep whites in the smaller one and reds in the new larger one. Glad 4 of them showed up house needs a good cleaning, since they were not here for last 6 weeks, normally they come weekly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I talked to C&A about getting my Pinnacle pins and stuff. He said he would submit a request for them and they should arrive  in 30 to 60 days. I told him that is what the LA said back in November.

I guess we know how that works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Took me a minute.  🤣🤣🤣

Me too actually. Which is why I posted it. My kind of humor.

The Far Side was one of my favorite comic strips. Similar type of humor.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I loved the Far Side!

• Like 4

May 3, Road to Hana.

This is the map outlining the trip.  It was long. We started around 8am and ended at 7pm.  Even though it is a one and done for us, it was well worth it.

Z120230503_082938.thumb.jpg.45f5f87995e753e2be14dd1c39a3be43.jpg

As we started I was enjoying the nice view. Little did I know that the first views were nothing compared to what will come later.

Z220230503_090243.thumb.jpg.98665fb676f2b00185d02ebb847f788f.jpg

Early on we were able to check one off of our bucket list.... stop at a grocery store on the way to Hana!  😆 we had several restroom stops time perfectly. 

Z320230503_093250.thumb.jpg.c87213ecfe2c9ea5d6b3b877103447f9.jpg

I roads quickly turned curvy and narrow.   Much more than these pics.

Z4a20230503_101320.thumb.jpg.1f5c7d8cb7d807aebb291e8b21c87393.jpg

Z5a20230503_101422.thumb.jpg.6e3843bd483c0a700a1ccb9ebaa870bc.jpg

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

May 3, Road to Hana.

This is the map outlining the trip.  It was long. We started around 8am and ended at 7pm.  Even though it is a one and done for us, it was well worth it.

Z120230503_082938.thumb.jpg.45f5f87995e753e2be14dd1c39a3be43.jpg

As we started I was enjoying the nice view. Little did I know that the first views were nothing compared to what will come later.

Early on we were able to check one off of our bucket list.... stop at a grocery store on the way to Hana!  😆 we had several restroom stops time perfectly. 

I roads quickly turned curvy and narrow.   Much more than these pics.

Looks beautiful! Was the trip comfortable for you?

22 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Safe travels. Is the 10 days strictly in NJ or does it include driving time? Or are you flying?

No more driving.  The last car trip to and from Miami was the deciding factor.  Way too long!

22 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We're super busy this week.  Today we went to our grandson Jack's Tennis Match.  Tomorrow evening we'll be at William's 6th Grade Band Concert.  He's playing Trumpet.  Wednesday is Ava's Senior Lacrosse game, and  Thursday evening is Ryan's 8th Grade Band Concert.  He's playing Saxophone.  

How wonderful that you and Jim can share your grandchildrens happy events. Enjoy and smile with pride!

17 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday and Anniversary.

giphy.gif

happy-anniversary.gif

From me too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We're here and enjoying the kids and the most perfect weather.

Our non stop flight to Newark started out being delayed one hour, then 20 minutes later delayed another hour. Agent at the gate said they were waiting for a part to be delivered to the plane and that there was no guarantee the plane would make it at all.  She was super helpful and in a matter of moments got us on a flight (one stop) which got us into Newark only 1 hour later than the original flight.  She even upgraded us no charge to Premium Plus on both legs which has extra leg room.  Then we waited 40 minutes for a wheelchair upon arrival at Newark.  The walk to luggage would have been near impossible for me.  As a thank you to me for being so patient, I was given a $75 voucher for my next United trip.

Way to go United!

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Me too! But then, my brain is fried from reading the latest tipping thread.

I'm weak.  I don't wander out to the main Royal board as much anymore, but your post made me go look.  Now I can't unread that tipping thread.  Damn you OB!!!

• Haha 16

We have incredible house cleaners , four of them worked for 3 hour’s cleaning every inch of our house without a break, they even dusted all the bottles in our liquor cabinet, by far best we ever had . 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Same as Eric.  The boys used to get him a Far Side desk calendar every Christmas for his desk at work.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Looks beautiful! Was the trip comfortable for you?

It was good on the way there.  As the day goes on I have a harder time so about the 8th hour I turned sideways in my seat and laid back in Sharon's lap and she held me in the seat.  We made another stop.  Then bus driver advised me to not go down the step walkway.  I didn't...... for a few minutes and then thought,  I got to get some good pics for my CC friends!  Off I went.  It was the wisest move.  Although it was a steep walk back, it renewed my energy and I was good the rest of the way back.

After my last post I lost internet AGAIN!  I have much more to post of the trip.  It may take awhile but I will keep trying. 

• Like 19

There were several stops along the way.  Here we saw Rainbow Eucalyptus trees.
Zz1a20230503_102450.thumb.jpg.66769523eaf81685903425bcaab1f7af.jpg

Zz220230503_102531.thumb.jpg.2f72552d72eed68ea599e8bf349215bd.jpg

I don't know where we were at each stop but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the view.

Zz320230503_103830.thumb.jpg.0e826dd4ba4c71f8eedbf1fa970ddacc.jpg

Zz4a20230503_103918.thumb.jpg.2fca775e14c8dfb45e34bd4ee34530f7.jpg

Flowing water through the mountains will get better but until you know, take pics.

Zz5a20230503_105345.thumb.jpg.23a4ec39a3feb203b909ce016bb91d16.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

😆 We found a spot in the Solarium where the internet was working well.  After my first post a crew member told us they were having a private party and we needed to leave.  We moved outside of the Solarium and I couldn't get connected. We just got back to the room and found a letter that we were invited to the private party! 😆 

• Like 5
  • Haha 12