Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

My favorite was at the Ritz in London as well...  It was a out 20th anniversary 10 years ago.

4-London(252).thumb.jpg.241969fc93d843fc559fff2c6e88bcd0.jpg

After that we went to the Globe theater for "Les Miserables".  It was the best of evenings.

IMAG0541.jpg

Nice photo.

It was our 33rd wedding anniversary 9 years ago when we stayed at the Ritz for 3 nights.

We went to Buckingham Palace,Harrods,Tower of London and the London eye.

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Supposedly the itinerary was changed but it is still scary to me.

Prayers 🙏 for her safety.

I was speaking to my TA yesterday and she and several friends have just got back from Israel and she showed me some of her photos and the cafés and sidewalks looked very busy.

She said they felt very safe and the beaches were lovely 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Prayers 🙏 for her safety.

I was speaking to my TA yesterday and she and several friends have just got back from Israel and she showed me some of her photos and the cafés and sidewalks looked very busy.

She said they felt very safe and the beaches were lovely 

Thanks,Graham.I know that a beach is on the itinerary .I hope and pray that she and the other students will have a wonderful time.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I love this!!

@grapau27

Love it too, G & P 

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Wow...that is beautiful!!

+ 1

If we ever meet IRL you better not wear that... DW will steal it right off your body.  I showed her the picture and her response was, "I need that"

Karen, I couldn't agree more @Keksie

My favorite was at the Ritz in London as well...  It was a out 20th anniversary 10 years ago.

The best place to celebrate

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Supposedly the itinerary was changed but it is still scary to me.

As a grandparent, I totally get that your granddaughters' trip is scary for both you and Toby.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

One of our favourite Afternoon teas was at the Ritz hotel London 9 years ago when we stayed 3 nights for our wedding anniversary.

IMG_20210104_192959.jpg

Such a lovely photo of you both.

Daughter will be in London next month.  No high tea there for her but she is looking forward to a picnic on a Primrose Hill that has been organised by her friends.

I did say to her yesterday that next time we are in London together, High Tea at a posh London hotel is something we will need to do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mom’s.  We all had a nice brunch today at daughter Jessica’s, along with her in-laws. All the men did the cooking and cleaning.  Then Andy and I went to the garden center and bought ten 4ft tall arborvitae to plant as a hedge to conceal the pool heater, filter and the AC unit along the back of the house.  I woke up to these this morning from Andy. He’s a keeper.  (Ignore my temporary plywood countertop)

IMG_8875.thumb.jpeg.bbde67b224d64331e11774df3e65b8b0.jpeg

• Like 21

19 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We did a 7 nighter to Bermuda on Celebrity from NYC. I think a five nighter is too short.

My next two cruises are 3 nighters.  Mainly because I am running out of annual leave so booking over a long weekend is the best way for me to keep cruising.  3 nights with one port is better than not cruising 😀

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Such a lovely photo of you both.

Daughter will be in London next month.  No high tea there for her but she is looking forward to a picnic on a Primrose Hill that has been organised by her friends.

I did say to her yesterday that next time we are in London together, High Tea at a posh London hotel is something we will need to do.

Thank you for your nice words.

The Ritz is well known for their fabulous afternoon teas and booking beforehand is necessary.

Green Park tube station is next to the Ritz.

About a half mile walk through Green Park takes you to Buckingham palace.

The Savoy is another well known London venue with a Gordon Ramsay restaurant.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Liberty is my daughter’s favorite ship, just the right size she said.  We did five days on Liberty to Bermuda, definitely too short.

I not sure I have a favorite ship as I've loved every ship I ever been on. They all have their pros and cons. Having said that, Liberty is a sentimental favorite of mine. She was my first cruise and my last, most recent cruise. I think I sailed her 4 or 5 times including a 9 nigher out of NJ back in 2015. That's when I decided that anything less than 9 nights would be too short.

• Like 11

20 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We're very happy with the Travel Insurance Company, IMG, which we bought through Steve's TripInsured Co.  Everything was reimbursed, with the exception of 2 of the days where I was in the hotel by myself while Jim was in the hospital.  Once Jim was released from the hospital we had to stay 5 days more in the hotel, which was reimbursed, along with all of our medical claims, surgery, hospitals, (we were in 2 hospitals, the first one in St. John's ER, and then Halifax where the surgery took place) tests, surgeons, and ER doctors, etc. along with our airline tickets and baggage fees.

Fabulous!    I am sure it was a lot of paperwork but well worth it in the end and Most importantly Jim was able to get the proper care he needed.     Good Job!    I will have to remember the name of that travel ins.  😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Luckynana said:

That's good to know!  I'm looking forward to going there.  I was reading about the history of the Surflight Theater.  Very interesting.

I haven't been to LBI in many years, so I'm not that familiar with the Island.  I've been telling Jim since we moved here, that I want to get there.  Our daughter Melanie goes to LBI frequently.  When we do go to the beach, we go to Seaside Park, where friends of ours have a house across the street from the beach.  

The best part of this is that we are so close to LBI!  We're right at exit 74, and shop in Manahawkin.  

Are any family members working at Terrace Tavern this summer?  Maybe you can stop there for a bite to eat before your show.    Food is really good there.   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photo.

It was our 33rd wedding anniversary 9 years ago when we stayed at the Ritz for 3 nights.

We went to Buckingham Palace,Harrods,Tower of London and the London eye.

We did all the usual tourist things you see in London as well.  It was part of a 22 day trip that included Glasgow, Oslo, Aalesund (my Dad's hometown), Paris and Courseulles-sur-Mer (Normandy).  It was a bit of a world wind tour.  Included in that was a short Hurtigruten cruise that included the Gerainger Fjord.  

• Like 9

I love afternoon tea! My favorite is the tea at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis, which I enjoyed many times since my grandparents lived in Memphis. Other favorite experiences were the Empress Hotel in Victoria and Harrod’s in London. 

My husband plans a tea date for us every year as my Christmas 

present for the last ten years. He usually alternates between a fancy hotel like the Adolphus and one with more country charm. Last year’s was at the Crescent in Dallas. This past year’s was at the Ashton in Fort Worth.

Crescent Hotel

IMG_9822.thumb.jpeg.f92dc8f271dd880c776b1f3c0b8f3234.jpeg

Edith’s Bistro

IMG_7935.thumb.jpeg.4659c9febf21bd57a357a21b5fd5f3cb.jpeg

Chocolate Angel

IMG_5875.thumb.jpeg.655d28ae952f62592f3635fc0c6082f5.jpeg

Dallas Arboretum

IMG_1601.thumb.jpeg.82069b1d6a19806a3b5e43ff44198ac2.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1