Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Wildlife update.  

Our robins seem to be growing, and should be leaving the nest by the end of next week. 

IMG_7290.thumb.jpeg.23e44ce702195d6635f2e65229b49ad5.jpeg

Last Thursday, while on a walk, we came across this little “pup”. In all the times we have been out, I don’t remember ever seeing a young one like this in the wild. 

IMG_7286.thumb.jpeg.3100856f6257d9266da26d0dce085c93.jpeg

I named him Phil Jr., because he was afraid of my shadow. 

• Like 18
  • Haha 4

On 5/19/2023 at 1:58 PM, Momof3gurlz said:

@dani negreanu the photos of your getaway to Marrakech and Madrid are beautiful.  Do you have any other travel plans in the near future?

Yes, we do. BUT, since booking last November, our flights have been changed 3 times already....

I'll tell you about it only AFTER we get there....

• Like 9

18 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

This video might help also:

Bob, that tutorial was a real eye-opener.  I am amazed at the types of things ChatGPT can do, such as writing code.  In my former life I used to create applications using ColdFusion, so I told it to write CF code to generate a calendar for May 2023 in a table format.  Simple task, but nevertheless, it was amazing to watch the code generate on the screen.  Thanks for sharing the video.

• Like 3

We were out to our grandson’s baseball game last night. Their team stretched their undefeated streak to six games with a 6-1 win. 

Our grandson was a little shaken, when his line drive hit the third baseman in the head.  The player was able to walk off the field. We hope to hear an update today. 

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Yeah, my mom's corn NEVER looked like that!!!!

I guess I got my green thumb from my Father. When I was little my Father had large garden. We had a road stand and sold vegetables out in front of our house.

My brother and I even used to carry vegetables in a wagon and go up and down the street in our neighborhood selling vegetables out of the wagon.

He always said the garden besides fresh produce for us was to pay for the gasoline to mow the yard.

But it also was to afford a 7 day rental at LBI at the Jersey  Shore for many years..

Still remember those vacations like yesterday.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Just a cold apparently.  I did stop testing after 3 days when I ran out of test kits.  Part of me thinks it was COVID.   Went out to the beach and then for drinks and food yesterday.  Thanks for asking

I still think I had covid last dec but tested negative and then confused myself self testing. Not sure. 

I'm still trying to figure out if I want to spend a day in mammoth caves area. I'm staying right there, just everything sounds too much for me. I remembered a hour tour near where I stayed last time I went thru. I didnt read online about it. .. scramble over rocks on my hands and knees. .. I dont think I can get up and down well enough, scrambling on rocks .. I'm past those days. Change of clothes suggested. Nothing sounds like something i think is plausible. I did green caves in jamaica and every other cave when i was younger. This leaves from horse cave city where I'm going to stay. ..maybe mammoth cave is better lol! I'm feeling old. 

perfect introduction to wild off-trail caving! Be prepared to get muddy as you explore on your hands and knees. You’ll see our cave as few have seen it before. This is a guided tour and includes, walking, crawling and scrambling over rocks.

Know before you go:

• Boots or sturdy closed-toe shoes are required
  • Wear warm clothes, suitable for getting muddy
  • Knee pads suggested for crawling over rocks
  • Change of clothes suggested

We Provide:

• Helmets
  • Headlamps
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

Has he tried a backpack case to carry the French Horn?  Seems like that would be the most comfortable way to carry that awkwardly disbursed weight.... although if he has a backpack for his school books, too, that might be problematic.  Maybe wear one pack on his front instead?

He does already carry a large, heavy backpack for school. We’ve suggested options, and Brian used to drive him and his horn to school. But he prefers to walk with his friends and seems to be OK with it!

• Like 7

12 hours ago, brillohead said:

I can ignore a celebrity's politics, but I have trouble ignoring their personal morals.  

A big one for me is Garth Brooks, who not only cheated on his wife, but even wrote and recorded a number-one song about it.  Infidelity is a big no-no for me, so I change the station when a Garth Brooks song comes on.  

I change the station when a Rod Stewart song is on .My youngest daughter was living in the UK .He sat next to her in a bar one night.

She said hello and he told her to F-off.He used the full word.Mick Jagger saw that ,invited her to his table and took pictures with her.My daughter was 20 at the time .We have pictures in our house of her with Jagger.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I guess I got my green thumb from my Father. When I was little my Father had large garden. We had a road stand and sold vegetables out in front of our house.

My brother and I even used to carry vegetables in a wagon and go up and down the street in our neighborhood selling vegetables out of the wagon.

He always said the garden besides fresh produce for us was to pay for the gasoline to mow the yard.

But it also was to afford a 7 day rental at LBI at the Jersey  Shore for many years..

Still remember those vacations like yesterday.

Great memories 😃    My Brother always tells me I inherited my Dad's green thumb (not him).    He comes to my house and is always impressed by my garden and flower beds.    I have told him a couple of times I would be happy to come to his house and help him design his landscaping beds with the right kinds of plants for their location, but he says he kills everything no matter what it is.   

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great memories 😃    My Brother always tells me I inherited my Dad's green thumb (not him).    He comes to my house and is always impressed by my garden and flower beds.    I have told him a couple of times I would be happy to come to his house and help him design his landscaping beds with the right kinds of plants for their location, but he says he kills everything no matter what it is.   

When I was in the 6th.grade I was a member of the schools Garden Club.

It was something I really enjoyed.That was my last time doing gardening.

• Like 2

Very rainy day here. I feel badly for people going to my dear friend's concert tonight. The news says that they cannot even bring umbrellas into the stadium. I am very happy to be in my den and I'm staying right here. Fortunately, it is after noon time so alcohol is allowed.🙂

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I was in the 6th.grade I was a member of the schools Garden Club.

It was something I really enjoyed.That was my last time doing gardening.

I don't have a last time doing gardening as I have not yet had my first. Once a week on the lawn tractor is my limit for anything that involves the yard.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Drizzly rainy day here.     I went to the garden center this morning and picked up a bunch of flowers and herbs to plant in pots tomorrow at the shore house as well some flats for our home.   Boy the price of flowers have really gone up.     Thankful we plant our own seeds for the vegetable garden.   

Chris has decided to join us to help.   He will arrive here for dinner this evening, sleep over in his old bedroom and we will leave early tomorrow morning.   Of course, we will have to stop at a diner for breakfast.  Probably Vincentown diner @Jimbo     

Plan is for Chris and Eric to bring patio furniture, etc. out of shed, hose down patio, 2nd floor and roof deck while I clean the inside and then set up planters on various decks. It will be a busy day but should be nice weather tomorrow.   Let's hope the weather people are right!

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Drizzly rainy day here.     I went to the garden center this morning and picked up a bunch of flowers and herbs to plant in pots tomorrow at the shore house as well some flats for our home.   Boy the price of flowers have really gone up.     Thankful we plant our own seeds for the vegetable garden.   

Chris has decided to join us to help.   He will arrive here for dinner this evening, sleep over in his old bedroom and we will leave early tomorrow morning.   Of course, we will have to stop at a diner for breakfast.  Probably Vincentown diner @Jimbo     

Plan is for Chris and Eric to bring patio furniture, etc. out of shed, hose down patio, 2nd floor and roof deck while I clean the inside and then set up planters on various decks. It will be a busy day but should be nice weather tomorrow.   Let's hope the weather people are right!

Miss the Vincentown Diner ALOT !

Just checked and the same house we stayed at on 23rd Street in Ship Bottom is still there right next to The Sand Trap miniature golf course.

Unreal the house is still there, when we stayed there 50 years ago it had no AC, looks like they have window units now.........Always got a nice breeze through the windows though.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.6409704,-74.1835235,3a,75y,229.24h,80.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGJbfUIjUbJwEwFjAKuwnVA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The little gray house with the white car in the driveway.

The pizza and ice cream shop( Joey's Pizza) is across the street same side of road is still there too............I'm pretty sure it was a different name then..........but at least it's still there.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't have a last time doing gardening as I have not yet had my first. Once a week on the lawn tractor is my limit for anything that involves the yard.

That’s more than I do , other than write a check every month or two for the crew that mows our lawn , they charge 25 a week 😁😁😁 and do a great job. They even remove any of the grass that got into the pool while mowing. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very rainy day here. I feel badly for people going to my dear friend's concert tonight. The news says that they cannot even bring umbrellas into the stadium. I am very happy to be in my den and I'm staying right here. Fortunately, it is after noon time so alcohol is allowed.🙂

Better get Kraken' on that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Good morning from the South Pacific.

Yesterday, we cruised to one of my favourite islands in the South Pacific - Mystery Island.

(I got one of the first water shuttles/tenders so that’s why the island looks deserted)804F2F2A-6198-45F4-A136-AB2E3F275BD9.thumb.jpeg.8d39d138aa90b7af929799c4a9bf3971.jpeg

9F685965-1ACD-49A8-8E0B-AA50D1504D03.thumb.jpeg.31e905044d711829ae3942cfa80f5596.jpeg

27C913C2-0794-4BF7-9437-177CC4A58FF6.thumb.jpeg.d57509f9a414ea79293165b5239cd4fb.jpeg

3856405E-5C7E-4C27-8B18-2C02F16CB0C6.thumb.jpeg.c1b02558c15ac9ad650ea3c515a76705.jpeg

Beautiful day of snorkelling and swimming.  Sure beats working.

• Like 29

13 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Yesterday, we cruised to one of my favourite islands in the South Pacific - Mystery Island.

(I got one of the first water shuttles/tenders so that’s why the island looks deserted)804F2F2A-6198-45F4-A136-AB2E3F275BD9.thumb.jpeg.8d39d138aa90b7af929799c4a9bf3971.jpeg

9F685965-1ACD-49A8-8E0B-AA50D1504D03.thumb.jpeg.31e905044d711829ae3942cfa80f5596.jpeg

27C913C2-0794-4BF7-9437-177CC4A58FF6.thumb.jpeg.d57509f9a414ea79293165b5239cd4fb.jpeg

3856405E-5C7E-4C27-8B18-2C02F16CB0C6.thumb.jpeg.c1b02558c15ac9ad650ea3c515a76705.jpeg

Great pictures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Beautiful and serene looking pictures!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Oh my… What a beautiful island!! I wish I were there!!

Thank you for sharing your always awesome photos with us!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Our granddaughter had her Pinning Ceremony for Nursing today.Tomorrow is her Graduation Day.  Hopefully the weather will be sunny and warm for her big day.

Maryann, congratulations to your granddaughter on her achievement 🌹

6 minutes ago, CrzLvr2 said:

Oh my… What a beautiful island!! I wish I were there!!

Thank you for sharing your always awesome photos with us!!

+ 1  @aussielozzie18

• Thanks 2