Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

20220804_111346.jpg

That corn looks soooooo yummy!  I found some really good corn last week in, of all places, our "Neighborhood Walmart."   Usually their produce is sub-standard, but this was a fresh delivery from somewhere else, definitely not around here, and it was delicious.

By the way, there are both ears and feet in your picture.  🙂 

• Haha 12

2 minutes ago, derorim said:

That corn looks soooooo yummy!  I found some really good corn last week in, of all places, our "Neighborhood Walmart."   Usually their produce is sub-standard, but this was a fresh delivery from somewhere else, definitely not around here, and it was delicious.

By the way, there are both ears and feet in your picture.  🙂 

That was the total package picture for those feet people on this thread. 🤣

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Maryann, congratulations to your granddaughter on her achievement 🌹

Thank you, Dani!  We are so proud of Erin!🥰

17 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

From me too!

Thank you, Marietta!😘

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Our granddaughter had her Pinning Ceremony for Nursing today.

Tomorrow is her Graduation Day.  Hopefully the weather will be sunny and warm for her big day.

Congratulations to your granddaughter.  Wishing her a long and satisfying career.  Fingers crossed for the weather to be lovely for the graduates & their proud families.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Miss the Vincentown Diner ALOT !

Just checked and the same house we stayed at on 23rd Street in Ship Bottom is still there right next to The Sand Trap miniature golf course.

Unreal the house is still there, when we stayed there 50 years ago it had no AC, looks like they have window units now.........Always got a nice breeze through the windows though.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.6409704,-74.1835235,3a,75y,229.24h,80.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGJbfUIjUbJwEwFjAKuwnVA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The little gray house with the white car in the driveway.

The pizza and ice cream shop( Joey's Pizza) is across the street same side of road is still there too............I'm pretty sure it was a different name then..........but at least it's still there.

There is a lot that has changed on the island but a lot that has remained the same for many years. 

Small houses such as the little grey house on 23rd street you show in the link are becoming rare, especially after Superstorm Sandy, but are perfect little shore houses.     Everyone is building these mansions and you see so many of them hardly used during the summer.     So much wasted space, in my opinion and ruin the beauty and views for those that do not want to build up.

Yes, Joey's pizza and ice cream still remain.    I like their pizza.    

There is a Joey's pizza and pasta in Beach Haven but they are not related from what I read online. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Tomorrow is her Graduation Day.  Hopefully the weather will be sunny and warm for her big day.

Congratulations to your Daughter, her Parents and Grandparents.  💐  Fingers and toes crossed tomorrow will have perfect weather for All.   🦋

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations to your granddaughter and your family on this wonderful achievement,Maryann

• Thanks 1

I noticed a filming crew in a local Giant Food Store parking lot today and was advised at dinner that Apple TV has started production of an upcoming crime drama series that will be called Sinking Spring in our area.     I am just hearing the production/filming crew have been in our area for weeks.   

We don't have Apple TV but will interesting to hear about it when released.    

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Congratulations to your granddaughter.  Wishing her a long and satisfying career.  Fingers crossed for the weather to be lovely for the graduates & their proud families.

Thank you so much, aussie!🌹

37 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

@Luckynana Maryann, congratulations to Erin.   Grandkids make us so proud.

Thank you, Mark!  They surely do make us so proud!  That's quite a Season your grandson and his team are playing!  I love watching the kids hit a line drive.   He sounds like a strong batter!   I do miss the days of softball and baseball with the kids.

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations to your Daughter, her Parents and Grandparents.  💐  Fingers and toes crossed tomorrow will have perfect weather for All.   🦋

Thank you, Debbie!🥰

25 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Congratulations to your granddaughter and your family on this wonderful achievement,Maryann

Thank you, Lenny!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My granddaughter who completed her first year of college earlier this month received her final grades yesterday.Her GPA was 3.88.She is in the Honors Program.We are very proud of her.

Congratulations on your granddaughter's outstanding Freshman year of College, Lenny and Toby.  As Mark said, our grandchildren do make us so proud!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations to you, Jim and your whole family on Erin's wonderful achievement.  Hoping for sunny skies tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There is a lot that has changed on the island but a lot that has remained the same for many years. 

Small houses such as the little grey house on 23rd street you show in the link are becoming rare, especially after Superstorm Sandy, but are perfect little shore houses.     Everyone is building these mansions and you see so many of them hardly used during the summer.     So much wasted space, in my opinion and ruin the beauty and views for those that do not whaant to build up.

Yes, Joey's pizza and ice cream still remain.    I like their pizza.    

There is a Joey's pizza and pasta in Beach Haven but they are not related from what I read online. 

My LBI friend I told you about has a house on Atlantic Ave.  I haven't spoken to her in approx. 5 years but I remember her going down there almost every summer week-end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Small houses such as the little grey house on 23rd street you show in the link are becoming rare, especially after Superstorm Sandy, but are perfect little shore houses.     Everyone is building these mansions and you see so many of them hardly used during the summer.     So much wasted space, in my opinion and ruin the beauty and views for those that do not want to build up.

One of the teacher's I worked with on SI built what looks like a huge house on LBI last year.    I've only seen it on FB, but it looks like it's one huge and beautiful home.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

@Ocean Boy Are you going to be an extra in Good Burger 2? 😇 I hear they are filming all over Rhode Island including Providence, Warwick, East Greenwich and a few other places.  Kenan was in Newport today bringing coffee and donuts to the local police department.

I have not heard anything about this. I don't even know what Good Burger 1 is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I have not heard anything about this. I don't even know what Good Burger 1 is.

Good Burger was a movie back in the 90's with Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell of Kenan and Kel from Nickelodeon.  Kenan Thompson is now of Saturday Night Live and is the current longest cast mate.  My son used to watch them on Nickelodeon when he was young.  They are filming the sequel in RI at a Friendly's that closed in 2019 in Providence but are also filming around RI.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I remember studying history in school and the famous saying “. . .  one if by land and two if by sea . .  . “. 

Well over the years we have sailed a bunch of number 2’s. So we now became the official owners of our number “one”. 

So it was delivered to our local Camping World and signed on the dotted line today. 

Now we were pre approved for a loan. 
LOL

240 months 
7% interest 

Um 

No 

We would pay over double for our  2024 Land Cruiser. 
So we bit the bullet and just paid in full. 

So, since we still have landscaping and concrete driveways to be finished  we delayed bringing it home till after Father’s Day. 

Now gotta come up with a name for our new addition. 

Meet the “ no name” new MOTOR HOME. 

So excited!!

IMG_0400.thumb.jpeg.8a8126badafb131c7653ce704cc3144f.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 28

38 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

One of the teacher's I worked with on SI built what looks like a huge house on LBI last year.    I've only seen it on FB, but it looks like it's one huge and beautiful home.  

There are definitely some gorgeous homes.  Some very expensive ones worth several million these days.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We had a great time and loved meeting up with several from CC. We met some great people who will be friends forever.   This long vacation wore us out but it was worth it.  I never thought this would happen but we have been tossing around the idea of a 4 or 5 day cruise this fall.  Even our cruise friends are thinking short cruise. 

A short cruise is better than no cruise!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good morning from the South Pacific.

Yesterday, we cruised to one of my favourite islands in the South Pacific - Mystery Island.

(I got one of the first water shuttles/tenders so that’s why the island looks deserted)804F2F2A-6198-45F4-A136-AB2E3F275BD9.thumb.jpeg.8d39d138aa90b7af929799c4a9bf3971.jpeg

9F685965-1ACD-49A8-8E0B-AA50D1504D03.thumb.jpeg.31e905044d711829ae3942cfa80f5596.jpeg

27C913C2-0794-4BF7-9437-177CC4A58FF6.thumb.jpeg.d57509f9a414ea79293165b5239cd4fb.jpeg

3856405E-5C7E-4C27-8B18-2C02F16CB0C6.thumb.jpeg.c1b02558c15ac9ad650ea3c515a76705.jpeg

Beautiful day of snorkelling and swimming.  Sure beats working.

Wow that looks amazing! I need to go there.

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations to your granddaughter on a great achievement!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1