Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@little britain Good Morning, Have a question I believe you were one of the people who use the Buy One Get one Free Diamond Plus coupon for dinner in the speciality  restaurant the 1st 2 nights? We went to Giavonnis's last night. We prepaid for 1 person and reserved the day and time we wanted. So we went at desired time my Wife and I got our bill they rung it up and still charged us like $57.00 when it should have been $zero. Had to go down to customer service to straighten it out and prove to the restaurant that we did prepay for our dinner....It was a real mess, did you run into the same problem last night?

Didn’t you confirm it at the restaurant before you ate?

We have had problems with pre- booking and not getting the sale price but they will always honor the coupon just adjust the price. @little britain never seems to encounter that problem from previous reports.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Didn’t you confirm it at the restaurant before you ate?

We have had problems with pre- booking and not getting the sale price but they will always honor the coupon just adjust the price. @little britain never seems to encounter that problem from previous reports.

We didn't tell them anything before we ate,we just had a reservation for one,I then said my Wife will be joining me

He said that is fine no problem

Then when it was time to get a bill,he sees we are Diamong plus and we can use the Bogo deal...bring the bill and there is a full charge for one dinner.

He said that was the only way to ring up the BOGO FREE DEAL..

But I kept telling him I prepaid for the one meal allready with OBC

Eventually he comped the whole meal.Later I went back with cash for a tip for the waiter.

Tonight we are going to go to Chops and see how they handle it. 

we did go the guest relations later and got documents that we prepaid with OBC.

So tonight we will be more prepared.

Wish us luck.

20230914_121720.jpg

20230914_134646.jpg

20230914_152647.jpg

20230914_175537.jpg

20230914_194635.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 18

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

We didn't tell them anything before we ate,we just had a reservation for one,I then said my Wife will be joining me

Then when it was time to get a bill,he sees we are Diamong plus and we can use the Bogo deal...bring the bill and there is a full charge for one dinner.

But I kept telling him I prepaid for the one meal.

I always confirm the BOGO and prepayment before we eat. I would probably have had the pre-payment confirmation with me and asked the manager to sort it before I left to prevent a visit to guest services or Diamond concierge. 

Glad you have made it onto the ship and sorry you had a rough start but got it sorted in the end. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I always confirm the BOGO and prepayment before we eat. I would probably have had the pre-payment confirmation with me and asked the manager to sort it before I left to prevent a visit to guest services or Diamond concierge. 

Just to add, we generally check with restaurant during the afternoon prior to dining. it is while we have been confirming BOGO and prepayment that we have run into problems with not allowing sale price. They refund  prepayment and charge regular on board price, or sometimes, prior to restart, we have cancelled completely for a refund. We have never been particularly impressed or bothered about dining in specialty but admit we have been more often since restart because MTD has been such a mess on Day 1 and 2. 

I don’t understand why they encourage use of BOGO on night 2 (formal night). We have had issues with them overbooking in specialty on night 2 which definitely spoils any ambiance. Sometimes we have changed our time to later when we have arrived for our reservation and they have been obviously overwhelmed. @Jimbo

Edited by c-leg5

46 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

But I kept telling him I prepaid for the one meal allready with OBC

Eventually he comped the whole meal.Later I went back with cash for a tip for the waiter.

Tonight we are going to go to Chops and see how they handle it. 

we did go the guest relations later and got documents that we prepaid with OBC.

So tonight we will be more prepared.

Wish us luck.

20230914_121720.jpg

20230914_134646.jpg

20230914_152647.jpg

20230914_175537.jpg

20230914_194635.jpg

Sorry you had to go to all that hassle. Thanks for letting us know the proper way to do this. I’ve always wondered how to do it.

• Like 2

Just went to Chops,and moved our night to night 3 at 8:15...Explained to him I prepaid for 1 person and was bringing my Wife and using our Bogo coupon. I then said when we get our bill it should have a "

$ 0.00....on it and he said yes....I guess all we can do now is wait and see how it goes.

20230915_092802.jpg

20230915_092933.jpg

20230915_092940.jpg

20230915_093131.jpg

20230915_093151.jpg

20230915_093238.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 15

24 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Just to add, we generally check with restaurant during the afternoon prior to dining. it is while we have been confirming BOGO and prepayment that we have run into problems with not allowing sale price. They refund  prepayment and charge regular on board price, or sometimes, prior to restart, we have cancelled completely for a refund. We have never been particularly impressed or bothered about dining in specialty but admit we have been more often since restart because MTD has been such a mess on Day 1 and 2. 

I don’t understand why they encourage use of BOGO on night 2 (formal night). We have had issues with them overbooking in specialty on night 2 which definitely spoils any ambiance. Sometimes we have changed our time to later when we have arrived for our reservation and they have been obviously overwhelmed. @Jimbo

We didn't check yesterday before we went there because the line was over a 1 hour wait or longer.

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just went to Chops,and moved our night to night 3 at 8:15...Explained to him I prepaid for 1 person and was bringing my Wife and using our Bogo coupon. I then said when we get our bill it should have a "

$ 0.00....on it and he said yes....I guess all we can do now is wait and see how it goes.

👍

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We didn't check yesterday before we went there because the line was over a 1 hour wait or longer.

We wouldn’t wait in a line to do it either.

Just pick a quiet moment, not when everyone boards and is rushing to book dining packages, or if all else fails just prior to eating.

Was really nice finally boarding a cruise ship again, actually it has been 6 years since our Alaska Cruise.

Been to NYC many times, we are just going to walk off and go to Bubba Shrimps for lunch, None of those around in Virginia, it's about a 1 mile walk one way. Other then that, that is about all. Check out some stores during our walk both way too.

Just taking it easy before seas get rough I imagine, sailing out of here around 6pm, probably just a Windjammer night for dinner since we want to be outside for sailaway.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

They are very adorable! Are you going to keep any, or will they be adopted?

Please continue to post more pictures as you can!

They will all be adopted.  We already have 4 cats and Reba will make 5.  We have had more cats before and when we moved from Texas we had 7 old cats (6of whom have passed).  I don't think my husband will go for keeping any although they already have my heart wrapped around their little paws.

• Like 15

Also wanted to add this ship has some of the hottest water we have ever had on any ship we have ever been on.

Will have some pictures to post of our ship cruising from Bayonne to Manhattan later tonight of the tall buildings in the skyline.

Leaving the ship now.

Who knows this might be the last day we touch land out of the next 12 days......

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Was really nice finally boarding a cruise ship again, actually it has been 6 years since our Alaska Cruise.

Been to NYC many times, we are just going to walk off and go to Bubba Shrimps for lunch, None of those around in Virginia, it's about a 1 mile walk one way. Other then that, that is about all. Check out some stores during our walk both way too.

Just taking it easy before seas get rough I imagine, sailing out of here around 6pm, probably just a Windjammer night for dinner since we want to be outside for sailaway.

Have a great cruise Jimbo!  

• Like 1