Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

In line waiting to get off the ship, 😔 but ready to go home to see our babies. Couldn't get my camera to focus on the Statue Of Liberty so just a sunrise picture. 

Safe travels. 

25 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It looks like @Jimbo might have some interesting weather.  Hope he raids Windjammer for some green apples to help with sea sickness. 

Fingers crossed. It's been a long time since Jimbo has cruised. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

Welcome home Renee and Mike!  

Thanks, ready to be home and see our fur babies. 

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

...Wow that was fast. I hope you had a good time and feeling better.

Thanks, definitely feeling much better.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Nice sunrise picture.  It looks pretty calm there still.  Lee must not be affecting things there yet.

It was calm coming into the port. The ship was rocking a little before the port, but not to much.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

Yesterday marked the last Chemo treatment that was  scheduled. 

The radiation treatment is 35 treatments, 5 days a week. The first 25 are full treatments, based on a cat scan of the affected area, Those 25 have been completed, along with a new cat scan to determine how the last 10 treatments will be handled. 

The tumor has pretty much disappeared, but I am having considerable difficulty swallowing, so primary nutrition is by feeding tube.  I have had minimal weight loss, so the feeding tube is working.

Still shooting for a sail date of Oct 7.

I have never mentioned this before, but my favorite Pinnacle benefit is breakfast in Chops. Don't usually eat breakfast at home, but just to walk in, have a waiter at your table to bring some French Toast, sausage, potatoes , some bacon. And a glass of iced tea. Yumm. did not have to fix it, or clean up after

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

The radiation treatment is 35 treatments, 5 days a week. The first 25 are full treatments, based on a cat scan of the affected area, Those 25 have been completed, along with a new cat scan to determine how the last 10 treatments will be handled. 

The tumor has pretty much disappeared, but I am having considerable difficulty swallowing, so primary nutrition is by feeding tube.  I have had minimal weight loss, so the feeding tube is working.

I have never mentioned this before, but my favorite Pinnacle benefit is breakfast in Chops. Don't usually eat breakfast at home, but just to walk in, have a waiter at your table to bring some French Toast, sausage, potatoes , some bacon. And a glass of iced tea. Yumm. did not have to fix it, or clean up after

Thanks for the update. Wishing you success on your next round to finally ring that bell. I look forward to seeing you on Adventure.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

@HBE4 Happy Belated Birthday.

I don't think I've ever seen Pina Coladas that high. Looks good.

@Coralc Sorry to hear about Bobby. 

Yes they were SO good. That frosted thingy on top is coconut milk frosted. The server suggested their Pina Coladas. Mine is non alcoholic and very yummy. $15 each. And we shared the food. 

• Like 3

Boy do I feel like a idiot. I just fell for a Facebook ad scam for Tommy Bahama. While on FB a week ago I saw an ad for End of Summer sale for Tommy Bahama. After going through the website and looking at the items for sale and the great prices (should have been suspicious then) I bought a pair of shorts for $28.

I then received an email that I would be notified when the item was shipped. I became a little concerned that the email address that I received was from a third party company and not Tommy Bahama. After a week of not getting my product or notification that it was shipped I checked our bank account and saw where the $28 was taken out on the date of sale. I went back to Facebook and could not find the original ad but after searching Tommy Bahama Sale saw several posts from people who also got scammed.

Lesson learned never order anything off an ad on Facebook. Always double check by going to an official website. I contacted our bank and put a freeze on our account and are getting new cards. I contacted Tommy Bahama and Facebook. I am disappointed in Facebook in that they don’t do a better job of verifying ads but ultimately it is my fault. Once again I have to remind myself, if it’s too good to be true it usually isn’t.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Boy do I feel like a idiot. I just fell for a Facebook ad scam for Tommy Bahama. While on FB a week ago I saw an ad for End of Summer sale for Tommy Bahama. After going through the website and looking at the items for sale and the great prices (should have been suspicious then) I bought a pair of shorts for $28.

I then received an email that I would be notified when the item was shipped. I became a little concerned that the email address that I received was from a third party company and not Tommy Bahama. After a week of not getting my product or notification that it was shipped I checked our bank account and saw where the $28 was taken out on the date of sale. I went back to Facebook and could not find the original ad but after searching Tommy Bahama Sale saw several posts from people who also got scammed.

Lesson learned never order anything off an ad on Facebook. Always double check by going to an official website. I contacted our bank and put a freeze on our account and are getting new cards. I contacted Tommy Bahama and Facebook. I am disappointed in Facebook in that they don’t do a better job of verifying ads but ultimately it is my fault. Once again I have to remind myself, if it’s too good to be true it usually isn’t.

Sorry about this.

Tommy Bahama had a sale in their store last week when I visited. I love their disney themed stuff. 😍 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

Sorry about this.

Tommy Bahama had a sale in their store last week when I visited. I love their disney themed stuff. 😍 

I am a big TB fan. They have a pair of cargo shorts that I love. I wore them all the time for work and when I am on a cruise. Normally the shorts sell for $75-$80 so when I saw them on sale for $28 I jumped on it. I now know never trust a FB ad and always go to the official website.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Check out   PTZTV   Bermuda webcam  

It looks like they are getting a few waves.  Not much action at the pier today.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Fingers crossed. It's been a long time since Jimbo has cruised. 

Yes, hope they can miss the worst of it.  They are overnighting in Manhattan to try and wait out the worst of the storm.

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

It was calm coming into the port. The ship was rocking a little before the port, but not too much.

That’s good.  Hope it wasn’t rocking too much.   Safe travels home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

That is good to hear the positive outcome so far.  Hope you are able to swallow better before your cruise sail date gets here.   

• Like 2

What a beautiful day in Bayonne, New Jersey.  This was how it started.

Verazzano Bridge at 5:30 in the morning 

IMG_3828.thumb.jpeg.20392066b03d1a1470f7174cd4770be9.jpeg

IMG_3847.thumb.jpeg.056214789e88c7c0902b0df847b3d538.jpeg

Going under the bridge 
IMG_3854.thumb.jpeg.a57fcb4df08bc129519c57563e740d75.jpeg

The bridge behind us

IMG_3864.thumb.jpeg.bd7505e42d72529e66f6204cbeced2bf.jpeg

IMG_3894.thumb.jpeg.7e8dc6e37e574bc49d036f5b3c8d7382.jpeg

Teardrop Memorial 

IMG_3968.thumb.jpeg.94a92e983553df2273c3adf22b5fb287.jpeg

IMG_3982.thumb.jpeg.942feef71c987ad3bc245913e1420acd.jpeg

Statue of Liberty 

IMG_3998.thumb.jpeg.55e395813b6f0d1177e686c4dd904a01.jpeg

Bayonne Golf Course 

IMG_4013.thumb.jpeg.15b46edb6e0ab3e9150e754d71eb790d.jpeg

IMG_4015.thumb.jpeg.c8e067254945abaa438a28415a54692a.jpeg

Like I always say, all good things must come to an end.  So this wraps up our B2B British Isles/Arctic Circle cruise.  What an adventure it’s been.

Now the dreaded task begins.  I will have to go through and edit all of my thousands of pictures.  I will share them with you when that gets done.

Edit: I couldn’t resist…thsnks for your patience 

IMG_3976.thumb.jpeg.debd469285a41a14fb85ca31bca15e83.jpeg

IMG_3988.thumb.jpeg.f8aa8bc5f32247b11c3ceac8ad042468.jpeg

Edited by FromSea2ShiningSea
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for posting. It is good for us to all get a reminder.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

What a beautiful day in Bayonne, New Jersey.  This was how it started.

Verazzano Bridge at 5:30 in the morning 

IMG_3828.thumb.jpeg.20392066b03d1a1470f7174cd4770be9.jpeg

IMG_3847.thumb.jpeg.056214789e88c7c0902b0df847b3d538.jpeg

Going under the bridge 
IMG_3854.thumb.jpeg.a57fcb4df08bc129519c57563e740d75.jpeg

The bridge behind us

IMG_3864.thumb.jpeg.bd7505e42d72529e66f6204cbeced2bf.jpeg

IMG_3894.thumb.jpeg.7e8dc6e37e574bc49d036f5b3c8d7382.jpeg

Teardrop Memorial 

IMG_3968.thumb.jpeg.94a92e983553df2273c3adf22b5fb287.jpeg

IMG_3982.thumb.jpeg.942feef71c987ad3bc245913e1420acd.jpeg

Statue of Liberty 

IMG_3998.thumb.jpeg.55e395813b6f0d1177e686c4dd904a01.jpeg

Bayonne Golf Course 

IMG_4013.thumb.jpeg.15b46edb6e0ab3e9150e754d71eb790d.jpeg

IMG_4015.thumb.jpeg.c8e067254945abaa438a28415a54692a.jpeg

Like I always say, all good things must come to an end.  So this wraps up our B2B British Isles/Arctic Circle cruise.  What an adventure it’s been.

Now the dreaded task begins.  I will have to go through and edit all of my thousands of pictures.  I will share them with you when that gets done.

Edit: I couldn’t resist…thsnks for your patience 

IMG_3976.thumb.jpeg.debd469285a41a14fb85ca31bca15e83.jpeg

IMG_3988.thumb.jpeg.f8aa8bc5f32247b11c3ceac8ad042468.jpeg

Thank you Helen for your outstanding photos and taking us along your great cruise. Lookiing forward to more gems you will post for us. Safe travels wished for you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Good to hear things are improving!  Thankful it is going well for you. It will be nice to have a get away on the cruise.   Hang in there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh Greg, sorry this happened to you.  The same thing happened to me with an ad for down pillows from what I thought was an online going out of business sale for Bed, Bath and Beyond.  After placing my order, I too was suspicious at the 3rd party email.  I did the research and found out it was a scam.  Credit card company couldn't put a hold on the transaction that only showed as pending.   When it was paid a day later, it was put on hold and new cards were issued. 

Then we had to notify companies that auto deduct monthly payment from the "old" credit card.  Lesson learned.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry this happened to you Greg.  I almost fell for a Lilly Pulitzer one a few months ago on FB.  After browsing the fake online store, I figured it was a scam because the prices were too good to be true.  Glad you quickly alerted your bank and got new cards!

Welcome back @ReneeFLL Renee & Mike and @FromSea2ShiningSea Helen & Marty!

@mo&fran hang in there, you’re nearing the finish line. 

@HBE4 Happy belated birthday!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I will say.  Can’t believe how slow moving that storm is.  This is from the windy app, and it shows the location on Friday in this shot.  
IMG_8912.thumb.png.140d56862ba5579c5bd127eb06ea3378.png

It looks like @Jimbo might have some interesting weather.  Hope he raids Windjammer for some green apples to help with sea sickness. 

Weather looks pretty nasty in Bermuda right now.  

https://www.portbermudawebcam.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

FB had a fake sale for Maui Jim sunglasses awhile ago. The prices were way too low to be legit.

I saw that. I almost ordered a pair and then thought that I liked my current prescription based sunglasses. Glad I did not order as I thought the prices were really good.

• Like 1

At our first port, Grand Caymen so have some WiFi in the bar we're in. Day 3, so far great cruise. Serenade is a bit knocked about and rough around the edges,  but a grand ship and food so far has been good. Big balcony.  Made it to the gym 🏋️💪 yesterday. 

Great  day at 7 Mile beach, but it's hot hot hot 🔥 

20230914_073715.thumb.jpg.e55453ceeceb4d07752ff92f4e06b979.jpg

20230914_105215.thumb.jpg.56529b3dae9c6f9450113a112f749840.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 26

5 minutes ago, sgmn said:

At our first port, Grand Caymen so have some WiFi in the bar we're in. Day 3, so far great cruise. Serenade is a bit knocked about and rough around the edges,  but a grand ship and food so far has been good. Big balcony.  Made it to the gym 🏋️💪 yesterday. 

Great  day at 7 Mile beach, but it's hot hot hot 🔥 

20230914_073715.thumb.jpg.e55453ceeceb4d07752ff92f4e06b979.jpg

20230914_105215.thumb.jpg.56529b3dae9c6f9450113a112f749840.jpg

Are you on deck 9?  Like that balcony size!  We are on Serenade next month, first time with a center aft cabin instead of a corner.

• Like 1