Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Etta1213 said:

So beautiful. Thank you for gently loving him throughout. I believe our precious animals will greet us joyously on the other side. If we love them so much, can you imagine how precious they are to the heart of the God who created them.💝

I really hope you are right.

• Like 7

Thank you all, for the really kind remarks. I was very sad and blubbery when we came home and started cleaning up all of his things. It really does help to know that others understand how attached you can become to a pet. We don't have kids or grandkids, pretty much everything revolved around Bobby, and making sure he had his medications and food twice a day. 

Thank you. I truly appreciate your lovely sentiments. ☺️

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Physically it's getting harder to get around especially as the day goes on.  My spirit is still fine.  Prayers from around the world surely makes a difference. 

My insurance is covering a really nice customized motorized wheelchair for me that is supposed to be delivered in a couple of weeks.  They fitted me for it before we went to Lakeside several weeks ago.  The plus side of me losing so much weight is that I am getting a narrow one that will easily move around the house. 

I am looking forward to cruising in a few weeks.  It will be a 5 day cruise and will let us have a better idea if we can handle future ones.  

I hope your customized wheelchair comes in time for your cruise.  You will be so much safer in something that has been specifically designed for your safety.  I look forward to hearing all about your cruise. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Physically it's getting harder to get around especially as the day goes on.  My spirit is still fine.  Prayers from around the world surely makes a difference. 

My insurance is covering a really nice customized motorized wheelchair for me that is supposed to be delivered in a couple of weeks.  They fitted me for it before we went to Lakeside several weeks ago.  The plus side of me losing so much weight is that I am getting a narrow one that will easily move around the house. 

I am looking forward to cruising in a few weeks.  It will be a 5 day cruise and will let us have a better idea if we can handle future ones.  

That's great to hear your insurance is covering your new chair.

You are very fortunate and have a loving supportive family.  Keep up the good spirits as that makes a world of difference when dealing with struggles or challenges in life.

We are here for you and love you John❣️

Did you rent a standard scooter or able to use your new chair for your cruise?

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

Poor Bobby is gone. In addition to his out-of-control hyperthyroidism, his last labs showed very poor heart and liver function. And then this past week, he developed ascites, with fluid building up and distending his abdomen. We were able to get him into the vet this morning. Poor baby, he was in pain, and we agreed to have him euthanized. He was the last of my mom's cats. It is for the best, but always so sad. 

Bobby.JPG

Sweet Bobby was well loved.  Hugs to you.

• Thanks 1

Poor Bobby is gone. In addition to his out-of-control hyperthyroidism, his last labs showed very poor heart and liver function. And then this past week, he developed ascites, with fluid building up and distending his abdomen. We were able to get him into the vet this morning. Poor baby, he was in pain, and we agreed to have him euthanized. He was the last of my mom's cats. It is for the best, but always so sad. 

Bobby.JPG

I'm sorry to hear Bobby has gone.

Such a lovely looking cat but you did right to save him from pain.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Bobby.JPG

So sorry for your loss. 😥

As you are a great lover of animals,  I have no doubt he lived a happy & healthy life that you provided for him. Hope this comforts you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Good luck and best wishes John.

I hope you have an amazing cruise.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

I’m so sorry for your loss. 😞

• Thanks 1

We had nice morning at the beach.  It has been hard to get there this year.  It was a cool rainy spring, a super hot summer, and red flags.  This morning the weather was warm but not blazing, the water was perfect temperature, it was a yellow flag and a purple flag, but the waves were not that bad and the only sea life were some rays swimming by.  Then it started to look like rain so we went to lunch and came home.

BeachSept.thumb.jpeg.9c55abfb829cf92881068e9520617849.jpeg

• Like 19

@Ocean Boy, I took Lucy to the vet in the new carrier you recommended. It worked great, and the vet tech even admired it and how easy it was to get her in and out. Hope it helps with Jade.

Lucy has gained a pound in the last month, so it appears that her thyroid med is working. They did blood work today that will show the actual results in a couple of days.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Thank you all, for the really kind remarks. I was very sad and blubbery when we came home and started cleaning up all of his things. It really does help to know that others understand how attached you can become to a pet. We don't have kids or grandkids, pretty much everything revolved around Bobby, and making sure he had his medications and food twice a day. 

Thank you. I truly appreciate your lovely sentiments. ☺️

About two months ago I sat across from a woman at a luncheon. She said her dog had died, and the grief was unbearable. She said she asked God to please ease her pain. She had a vivid dream; her parents (both deceased) were seated side by side, radiant. The dog was on dad's lap.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

About two months ago I sat across from a woman at a luncheon. She said her dog had died, and the grief was unbearable. She said she asked God to please ease her pain. She had a vivid dream; her parents (both deceased) were seated side by side, radiant. The dog was on dad's lap.

@Etta1213 and @grapau27 Our pets always gave us such comfort and joy in this life. If there is an image of an afterlife, I always imagine it with my parents and all of my previous pets there. How could they not be there? ☺️

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

Bobby.JPG

Adding my sentiments of Bobby's passing.  The hardest part of pet ownership is the goodbye.  Just know you gave him a happy life for as long as you could 💔.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

@Ocean Boy, I took Lucy to the vet in the new carrier you recommended. It worked great, and the vet tech even admired it and how easy it was to get her in and out. Hope it helps with Jade.

Lucy has gained a pound in the last month, so it appears that her thyroid med is working. They did blood work today that will show the actual results in a couple of days.

That is great news about the carrier. I need to call an make a new appointment for Jade.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I hope your customized wheelchair comes in time for your cruise.  You will be so much safer in something that has been specifically designed for your safety.  I look forward to hearing all about your cruise. 🙂 

I am renting one for our next cruise.  @brillohead Debbi has been very helpful in helping us with suggestions in our travel.   She suggested to rent one called Whills. It sounds great! 

The wheelchair I am getting is not designed as a portable. Heavy.  We have been considering driving to Miami for the Icon cruise in January so that I could use it on that cruise.  We would have to break the trip up.  I would love to have it!  This chair will allow me to raise up 12" to help talk with people. 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am renting one for our next cruise.  @brillohead Debbi has been very helpful in helping us with suggestions in our travel.   She suggested to rent one called Whills. It sounds great! 

The wheelchair I am getting is not designed as a portable. Heavy.  We have been considering driving to Miami for the Icon cruise in January so that I could use it on that cruise.  We would have to break the trip up.  I would love to have it!  This chair will allow me to raise up 12" to help talk with people. 

I have seen you discuss that other chair.  I hope you have discussed it with your care team and that it fits your current needs.  I know my Dad had a really hard time in his portable wheelchair and almost fell out of it on me once when I was taking him to an appointment.  Transitions from one surface to another can cause havoc, especially in the cobblestones of Boston.

Taking the new one on Icon sounds like a great idea.  You will be an old pro with it by then!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's great to hear your insurance is covering your new chair.

You are very fortunate and have a loving supportive family.  Keep up the good spirits as that makes a world of difference when dealing with struggles or challenges in life.

We are here for you and love you John❣️

Did you rent a standard scooter or able to use your new chair for your cruise?

So thankful insurance covers it all.  Expensive. 

Speaking of family,  all 3 DDs and family are here today!  I love these times.  Earlier we got a strawberry cake.

IMG_6392.thumb.jpg.d5bda15a7c89433d5372461723d64cb7.jpg

Before we ate it I was with Kenzie and said, .... let's split the cake and eat it all!  She quickly said,  No Gpa! It for family! 

• Like 24

18 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Speaking of family,  all 3 DDs and family are here today!  I love these times.  Earlier we got a strawberry cake.

Before we ate it I was with Kenzie and said, .... let's split the cake and eat it all!  She quickly said,  No Gpa! It for family! 

That cake looks amazing.  Kenzie is such a sweet and thoughtful girl 🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Taking the new one on Icon sounds like a great idea.  You will be an old pro with it by then!

I will need to be a little sneaky on Icon.  I love slides.  The last 4 cruises, 2 Allure 2 Ovation, had no slides!  I will be so tempted to go on a slide.  Will I be able to park at the bottom of the slide?  Will I be able to climb up it?  😆 We will see.

• Like 12

49 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

She is adorable!!! What a good girl. That cake looks amazing.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

How lovely to have all your daughters with you for the celebration.  Delicious cake & Kenzie is a sweetie.  

• Thanks 1