Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

OB is correct. They told me the balloon on the other end helps keep it in the bladder. They will deflate it before taking it out. I can imagine taking it out is not going to feel very good at all.

The guy that pulled his out did not know about the balloon needing deflated.   Knowing what he went through taught me all about it.  Glad you know about.   Don't even get the least bit tempted to remove it yourself.   I would guess that not even Kraken would help! 😆

• Like 3

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

The guy that pulled his out did not know about the balloon needing deflated.   Knowing what he went through taught me all about it.  Glad you know about.   Don't even get the least bit tempted to remove it yourself.   I would guess that not even Kraken would help! 😆

I shudder to think what that would feel like.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Then change your setting to no notifications if you prefer not to get them.

I don't get email notifications.

The notifications I see is when I click on my profile and I see who has reacted to my posts and quoted me like you did.

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I think a lot of long time members might have forgotten their cc emails they are registered with.

I've just checked and the email listed I don't use anymore or have access too. Tried to change it and response was 'not possible ' ☹️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

My previous cat loved coaxial cables. I don't know how many times I would get home from work, turn on the TV and then have to go to Walmart to buy a replacement cable for the cable TV box.

Better that cable than a 120V cable, although that would probably have only happened once.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How does operating  on your knee make you not pee on your own for 9 days?

The pain meds are notorious for causing urinary retention. They prevent the urinary bladder outlet muscle from relaxing and letting urine flow. Add that to an irritated prostate gland, and possibly enlarged gland, from the Foley insertion and the urine is going nowhere.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I've just checked and the email listed I don't use anymore or have access too. Tried to change it and response was 'not possible ' ☹️

Try to see if you can once the system comes back up.  If you can't, you can email for help and they will do it for you.  I had an email hacked a couple of years ago and asked for help and Laura was very responsive.

• Thanks 1

Started packing today for our jewel repo cruise.  Booked it while on the harmony back in January as it was on sale so I couldn’t refuse 😊.  I have had to bring the work laptop on all of our previous vacations this year so I have made an executive decision to just bring my work phone. Turn off email notifications so I only receive texts if something urgent.  Looking forward sailing on the jewel again.   We’ve sailed on her previously 3 x out of San Juan and 1 x out of Tampa.  

Not having to fly to board is less stressful for sure.   

• Like 13

24 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Started packing today for our jewel repo cruise.  Booked it while on the harmony back in January as it was on sale so I couldn’t refuse 😊.  I have had to bring the work laptop on all of our previous vacations this year so I have made an executive decision to just bring my work phone. Turn off email notifications so I only receive texts if something urgent.  Looking forward sailing on the jewel again.   We’ve sailed on her previously 3 x out of San Juan and 1 x out of Tampa.  

Not having to fly to board is less stressful for sure.   

My wife needs to have her computer on all cruises , she spent way to much time working a couple of cruises ago , only a couple of years more and she retires . 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, George C said:

My wife needs to have her computer on all cruises , she spent way to much time working a couple of cruises ago , only a couple of years more and she retires . 

A very wise director I reported to years ago told me, it’s not about you it’s not fair for the people you are vacationing with to work vs shutdown and enjoy time on vacation.     I never thought about it like that but it does make sense.  Very hard to do in my line of work though.  

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, maggieq said:

A very wise director I reported to years ago told me, it’s not about you it’s not fair for the people you are vacationing with to work vs shutdown and enjoy time on vacation.     I never thought about it like that but it does make sense.  Very hard to do in my line of work though.  

My wife is a VP in HR I am sure we will continue to book suites but not as frequently after he retires 😢😢😢

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

A while back I had a friend pull one out on his own and it hurt!  Don't they have a balloon on the end of them?  I have had to have them at home before after having kidney stones removed. 

Back in 2020 or 2021 when Eric broke his coxis he was given a catheter.  Left in when he came home from rehab facility with urologist appt the following week.   Then he got covid and they wouldn't allow him in office until he quarantined for 2 weeks.    

He already had it in for almost 3 weeks and was showing signs of an infection.  Visiting nurse bought him a kit and instructed him on how to do it himself as she was not allowed to do herself.

I definitely went to another room, not something I needed to see as he removed it himself.   Thankful all went well.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Back in 2020 or 2021 when Eric broke his coxis he was given a catheter.  Left in when he came home from rehab facility with urologist appt the following week.   Then he got covid and they wouldn't allow him in office until he quarantined for 2 weeks.    

He already had it in for almost 3 weeks and was showing signs of an infection.  Visiting nurse bought him a kit and instructed him on how to do it himself as she was not allowed to do herself.

I definitely went to another room, not something I needed to see as he removed it himself.   Thankful all went well.

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer almost ten years ago , but kept monitoring it rather than a operation to remove it , I had a few reasons to not operate one of them was to go to hospital for operation and have catheter. I waited to a year or so ago and had successfully radiation to remove the cancer . I now hope I can avoid a knee replacement. 

• Like 8

My second hip replacement seemed to be a little bit more disorganized. They had to put a screw in addition to the new hip. When I woke up there was a blood bag. The DR. made light, and said, "We took it out, thought we would put it back in." 

About 3 AM, they removed the IV and blood went everywhere with all the blood thinners. Got that cleaned up and around 4:30 a nurse came in for blood draws for labs. Finally dozed off again. Around 5:30, another nurse came in to remove the catheter. And I said, "No. Go away. You can take it out in the morning. I would just like to sleep and pee in peace. ☺️"

My DR. gave me a hard time in the morning. It is our job to wake you up all night. Do you want to go home, now? 😄 He is a wonderful surgeon.

But women are much easier. They just say, take a deep breath and they pull it out. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The pain meds are notorious for causing urinary retention. They prevent the urinary bladder outlet muscle from relaxing and letting urine flow. Add that to an irritated prostate gland, and possibly enlarged gland, from the Foley insertion and the urine is going nowhere.

You nailed it!

4 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Was lucky enough to spot this yesterday morning from my stateroom.  Could have sworn the ship was at the end of the rainbow.

IMG_5560.thumb.jpeg.92b774cdf0935592d9d3d060f32fb6b3.jpeg

Thats beautiful Pat! Thanks for making my day!!

1 hour ago, George C said:

. I now hope I can avoid a knee replacement. 

By all means please do. I will say my second knee is responding really well. My pain in the joint has diminished significantly. I can almost walk around without a walker. The only thing hurting is this catheter and my stomach cramping from not being able to have a bowel movement. Sorry kids for the graphic description.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

OB is correct. They told me the balloon on the other end helps keep it in the bladder. They will deflate it before taking it out. I can imagine taking it out is not going to feel very good at all.

Been there done that for 10 days once when they nicked my bladder during surgery.  Not fun but hang in there. After testing to see that all was healed they handed me a syringe and had me deflate the balloon and remove it myself.  This too shall pass but it’s hard when you’re in it. Sorry you’re having to deal with it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1