Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Looks to me some 7-8K "tip money"... Seriously ☹️?

haha, no.  Tip money is in ones.  Just had to get some larger cash for Christmas gifts and moving some from one bank to another for our Holiday rental. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Trade the phone in for an android.

Someone else was having this same problem. I don't remember what was causing it but I think it had to do with a software update and not a phone setting.

There is nothing wrong with iPhones. Just because you may not like them, (have you ever owned one?) is no reason to suggest one might be better than the other. If you like your android phone fine but there are a lot of us and I mean a lot of us who love our iPhones and are very happy with the product. To suggest one is better than the other is ridiculous. Different strokes for different folks.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Thanks.  I tried that…thinking the photo I previously shot might not post but one I just changed format of would…sigh, no.  I’ll try getting some help from Apple or Rent-A-Teenager tomorrow.  Hope your knee is getting better…and your wife is also doing well.

I don’t know if you follow the Bella thread or not but poster barbeyg was having the same issue recently. As OB said, it’s not a setting but rather something Apple needs to find a fix for.  I haven’t read over there recently to see if she’s still having the problem. 

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

There is nothing wrong with iPhones. Just because you may not like them, (have you ever owned one?) is no reason to suggest one might be better than the other. If you like your android phone fine but there are a lot of us and I mean a lot of us who love our iPhones and are very happy with the product. To suggest one is better than the other is ridiculous. Different strokes for different folks.

Good Lord I was joking.🙄

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday was the day to print boarding passes for next month’s cruise on Symphony.  Stopped at the bank to pick up some tip money.  

IMG_9346.thumb.jpeg.0d450a35b40e067a6b85291a3e0826c1.jpeg

Think I can get any new, best friend bartenders with this? 😂😂

I have a pile like that.  have to get a new roof, discount for cash😇

• Like 6

Talking about technology and cash - last week one of our main Australian telecos had a castrophic outage. Their system crashed early in the morning and they only  started to get it  back online around 3pm.

Millions were impacted -Hospitals, businesses -  small and large.  No phones, no internet, no payment transactions + people couldn’t make emergency calls to 000.

Given how rapidly we are heading towards a cashless society here in Australia, it raised serious questions…

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 10

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Speaking of roofs, probably going to have the house done in the near future. Have been trying to research metal roofs. I get a lot of advertisements for them. Don't know if it is the way to go or not over asphalt. Anyone have any thoughts about it?

When we lived in Texas we went with a metal roof. It fit the style of the house.  We also beefed up the insulation and it made a nice difference in the cooling bill.  Here in Florida we went with replacing the shingles since I didn't think metal would look right with the house.  So if it fits the style of house you have I would pick metal.  

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Good Lord I was joking.🙄

I have an Android, the rest of the family had iphones, everytime they text me a video or something that ends up blurry on my end, I always joke with them its because of their phone not mine 🤣 

I refuse to get an iphone, not for any particular reason and nothing against the product, I just love Android too much to switch 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Anyone that is an I.T. Professional would not recommend downgrading from iPhone to Android because of the security and privacy vulnerabilities with Android.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Speaking of roofs, probably going to have the house done in the near future. Have been trying to research metal roofs. I get a lot of advertisements for them. Don't know if it is the way to go or not over asphalt. Anyone have any thoughts about it?

I was told that they can be noisier.  I thought the pitter patter of rain on the metal might be nice but then again not so much all night long so I went with shingles.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions on getting photos to post.  I’ll work on it some more.  I don’t personally have a preference on brand technology…the family company has a contract for all employees with Apple so that’s what I receive.

I presume if it is new you are on IOS17 and I think that was said to be the problem.

Just now, helen haywood said:

It is a new (to me) iPhone 15 pro max.  And yes, that is the system.  Are you saying there is no way I’ll be able to post photos?

I am sure it will be fixed with an update. Only repeating what I have heard, i have no experience. We are holding off installing IOS17 because there were initial problems as there often is with new systems. I think most have been resolved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That could be a toss up.  Do you have any large trees that could drop limbs on your house?  Our neighbor behind us put in a new storage shed with a metal roof last year, and a large limb fell on it and crushed the ridge cap and a couple panels.  They haven’t done any type of repair on it, and I imagine it would be more difficult than asphalt shingles.  

We had a large limb puncture a hole in the roof of our storage barn.  It was pretty easy to repair, because I had shingles left over from when they replaced our roofs in 2020.  That was the best time to have work done, because everyone wanted the work when they realized it would be longer than 2 weeks to stop the spread. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I presume if it is new you are on IOS17 and I think that was said to be the problem.

26 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I am sure it will be fixed with an update. Only repeating what I have heard, i have no experience. We are holding off installing IOS17 because there were initial problems as there often is with new systems. I think most have been resolved.

Maybe it has something to do with the 15.  I have a 12 Pro, and have been running iOS 17.1.1 without problems. 

Some "black humor" from our satirical show "[We have] a wonderful country".

Our TV was hesitant to re-start this show, but it was decided that since we're beginning now, sadly, a "routine daily war", let's just do it.

Among the 240 people kidnapped to Gaza Strip (kids, women, elderly, etc.), there is a 9 month old baby [now ... 10 month and counting....].

.... and, as I was typing this, another air raid interrupted me 😢

• Like 10
  • Haha 3