Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

24 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

They do! they do!

But they show up in white ink on white background. Hence invisible. Maybe you try and change your font color in your email or in your copy/post if you are doing it in an editor first?

The thing is I can read my post after I make them but others can't. However, I keep my phone set to dark mode as I prefer a dark background. I guess that is why I can see the posts.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, h20skibum said:

What does it mean, if someone asks, “Are you hiding in my chimney?”

I guess I need to see if I have been insulted, before I dive back in.😏  Went for a walk, and I am 50 posts behind on it already. 

Sorry never heard of it .

Some people on these boards are brutal 😕 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm doing alittle better. Went to the urologist and they took out the catheter. If things don't get better they may have to put it back in. Main thing he is worried about is my PSA is very high. They want to do a biopsy for prostrate cancer. I am not looking forward to that but I need to do something.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers from our home. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Sea Dog Greg, I don’t want to pry, but how high is it?   If you don’t want to answer, that is totally fine.   Some medications will bring it down by half or more.  Although, you don’t want medications to just mask a problem.  

I have had a couple of those biopsies, and they are not fun.  But it is better to get things checked out.   I wish there was an easier way they could do that.  I hope you have good results. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

@Sea Dog Greg, I don’t want to pry, but how high is it?   If you don’t want to answer, that is totally fine.   Some medications will bring it down by half or more.  Although, you don’t want medications to just mask a problem.  

I have had a couple of those biopsies, and they are not fun.  But it is better to get things checked out.   I wish there was an easier way they could do that.  I hope you have good results. 

It was over 6 is what the doctor said. I had been in the 4.5 range which is elevated. The bad thing is the screening was done in October before my knee replacement and my general doctor should have seen the results and said something.

• Like 3

@firefly333, I am happy to hear that you have a "moving on" plan.  I did much the same when my parents passed.  Since I lived "away" and the rest of them were local, I just said, "take it all" and I moved on.  I have virtually nothing from my parents....but that's ok.

Good luck with the move.  I know that will be a tough one.  We moved from VA to FL and your move will be even further.  You are SO SMART to hire someone else to do it.  We moved ourselves.  UGH.  No bueno.  

How's your hand/arm doing ?  Last time I saw you, you still had a brace.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm doing alittle better. Went to the urologist and they took out the catheter. If things don't get better they may have to put it back in. Main thing he is worried about is my PSA is very high. They want to do a biopsy for prostrate cancer. I am not looking forward to that but I need to do something.

We are staying at the Double Tree in San Pedro. Got a fairly decent room rate. We are coming in two nights early as I would like to visit some of LA's famous Tiki Bars. Unfortunately they are not close to San Pedro so I'm sure I will be able to visit some as a Uber would cost about $70 one way.

I also had very painful biopsies .Hopefully your result will be negative,Greg.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, h20skibum said:

But I also encountered a poster from the UK, that I would have to place in the “Not Nice” category.  So now, I need an interpretation from our friends from the UK.   

What does it mean, if someone asks, “Are you hiding in my chimney?”

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

@h20skibum If I had to guess in the context, the idea would be something like “are you are hiding in my chimney to hear/know all that happens in my house”.

13 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Sounds like a more colorful way to say "Lurking in the shadows" or just "Lurker".

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I think the reference is more along Andrew’s line of thinking.  

As an avid reader of English mysteries, I'll go also with Mark's, Andrew's and HBE4 "interpretation" -- eavesdropping/lurker 😉

10 hours ago, NHProud said:

I’m so sorry you are experiencing all of these health problems .  Wishing you the best outcome 

+ 1 Greg @Sea Dog

... And, as if this horrible ongoing war is not enough to make me very sad, one of our BFF, Alex, had a stroke last week, rendering him unable to use his right side 😢😢.

When I arrived to the special new immigrants school, almost 60 years ago, Alex (a "veteran" of 2 years) took me under his wing -- both in helping with the Hebrew/math/bible lessons and with the work we had to perform (milking cows, leaving him the "nervous" ones...).

Despite our difficult beginnings, he went on to earn a Ph.D. in science teaching from East Lansing, MI, and, until the stroke, was working at the Weizmann Institute.

Just more than a month ago I finally managed to persuade him and his DW to take their first cruise, a Rhine river one, and Ken ( @Ourusualbeach) found them an excellent cabin. I was so happy for them, flights and hotels booked also...

Today he was moved to a rehabilitation facility. I'm hoping that with a lot of PT, he will regain, in due time, at least some of his motoric capacities.

Extreme left in the pic, during our golden wedding dinner anniversary. On the right side, Alex's 3rd cousin, Miriam, whom I met through him, and to this day she's my BFF.

image.thumb.jpeg.c6b2a065893a1ca9fb71e0a366b56c8f.jpeg

• Like 34

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

It was over 6 is what the doctor said. I had been in the 4.5 range which is elevated. The bad thing is the screening was done in October before my knee replacement and my general doctor should have seen the results and said something.

I guess that bump up to 6  from a 4.5 range is why he wants to take a look.

I have been getting checked for 23 years now, and the highest I hit, before medications was over 13.  I think that was around the first time I had a biopsy.  

Of course, I am a few years older than you, but incidence of cancer goes up as we get older.  I have reached that age where the doctor says they don’t even recommend yearly PSA tests.  He says that if I did develop cancer, it would likely be slow growing, and that something else would kill me before that would.

Now, isn’t that a cheery thought?

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

And, as if this horrible ongoing war is not enough to make me very sad, one of our BFF, Alex, had a stroke last week, rendering him unable to use his right side 😢😢.

Dani, so sorry to hear your friend had a stroke.  I do hope that he regains use of his right side, with some PT.  

Sending prayers for his recovery.  🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dear Dani, so sad 🥲 to read that on top of your having to endure the stress from the war, you now have the worries about your BFF, Alex. 🙏 I hope and pray that  his rehabilitation will be successful. 💞 Hugs for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I guess that bump up to 6  from a 4.5 range is why he wants to take a look.

I have been getting checked for 23 years now, and the highest I hit, before medications was over 13.  I think that was around the first time I had a biopsy.  

Of course, I am a few years older than you, but incidence of cancer goes up as we get older.  I have reached that age where the doctor says they don’t even recommend yearly PSA tests.  He says that if I did develop cancer, it would likely be slow growing, and that something else would kill me before that would.

Now, isn’t that a cheery thought?

Ah the joys of getting older. I just need to quite having surgeries. THat's the only time when my prostate fails me. It does not like anesthesia medicines.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

... And, as if this horrible ongoing war is not enough to make me very sad, one of our BFF, Alex, had a stroke last week, rendering him unable to use his right side 😢😢.

So sorry to hear this Dani. Hoping for good therapy to help regain use again. My thoughts are with you and Alex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

As an avid reader of English mysteries, I'll go also with Mark's, Andrew's and HBE4 "interpretation" -- eavesdropping/lurker 😉

+ 1 Greg @Sea Dog

When I arrived to the special new immigrants school, almost 60 years ago, Alex (a "veteran" of 2 years) took me under his wing -- both in helping with the Hebrew/math/bible lessons and with the work we had to perform (milking cows, leaving him the "nervous" ones...).

Despite our difficult beginnings, he went on to earn a Ph.D. in science teaching from East Lansing, MI, and, until the stroke, was working at the Weizmann Institute.

Just more than a month ago I finally managed to persuade him and his DW to take their first cruise, a Rhine river one, and Ken ( @Ourusualbeach) found them an excellent cabin. I was so happy for them, flights and hotels booked also...

Today he was moved to a rehabilitation facility. I'm hoping that with a lot of PT, he will regain, in due time, at least some of his motoric capacities.

Extreme left in the pic, during our golden wedding dinner anniversary. On the right side, Alex's 3rd cousin, Miriam, whom I met through him, and to this day she's my BFF.

image.thumb.jpeg.c6b2a065893a1ca9fb71e0a366b56c8f.jpeg

I am so sorry to hear of your friend's stroke.  I will be hoping that therapy will help.him recover.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Great day in Puerto Plata, DR

I did the waterfall, cliffs  and waterslides. I’m feeling a little old for this but loved it. I’m just really wore out.  I uploaded this to YouTube so the android users could see it too. I’d definitely recommend this excursion. 

I’m sitting g at the Duck and Dog relieving the pain. 

One I forgot to post yesterday for @Sea Dog

IMG_1898.thumb.jpeg.0a08b2a374ec2820b501327f4fb1cc53.jpeg

Today was St Thomas 

Excursion was cancelled so it was just a shopping day with a few drinks mixed in for good measure. IMG_1925.thumb.jpeg.a0a6dd77827a431be523803b8801e87f.jpeg

IMG_1919.thumb.jpeg.7c203d284aab4125c1df40b0ebf836b3.jpeg

IMG_1915.thumb.jpeg.fd78286b17e42cd6fcfbe9d40fc3bb46.jpeg

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 16

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

One I forgot to post yesterday for @Sea Dog

IMG_1898.thumb.jpeg.0a08b2a374ec2820b501327f4fb1cc53.jpeg

Today was St Thomas 

Excursion was cancelled so it was just a shopping day with a few drinks mixed in for good measure. IMG_1925.thumb.jpeg.a0a6dd77827a431be523803b8801e87f.jpegIMG_1919.thumb.jpeg.7c203d284aab4125c1df40b0ebf836b3.jpegIMG_1915.thumb.jpeg.fd78286b17e42cd6fcfbe9d40fc3bb46.jpeg

I tried to get mooring line shot in St Thomas but as soon as I got up to it the security started honking a horn and shouting at me. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I tried to get mooring line shot in St Thomas but as soon as I got up to it the security started honking a horn and shouting at me. 

Oh double points for you. Congratulations!!!

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Awesome! Horns, whistles, yelling, they are all good!

Are you enjoying Adventure? I haven't been aboard in a few years but enjoyed every cruise on her.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

No worries, you are still good up until they are running after you.🤣

I think they were just honking the horn to get your attention and waving at you to say hello.😉

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Mine went to over 20 before I decided to do red about 16 months ago , now my psa is under 1 😁😁, got lucky very successful radiation . Had a interesting thing happen on Sunday after done and a show , got dizzy and passed out , was only out for a few seconds, but had the worse hack pain I ever had went to ER yesterday morning and just. Got out of the hospital a hour ago . Did lots of test originally my kidney function was terrible, did cat scan etc , this morning everything was back to normal , was worried about cruise and vacation in just a couple of weeks. Will take it easy this week, of course this isn’t as bad as many other medical issues some are going thru .

Edited by George C
  • Like 11