Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

43 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Wow how cute is that!

I love them! I have always seen a pair and first time they came to the doorstep to introduce the babies.😁

Now they are wandering around in he backyard which backs to a small preserve.

Red capped/crown cranes, I believe.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

What are they? The babies are very cute!

13 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I love them! I have always seen a pair and first time they came to the doorstep to introduce the babies.😁

Now they are wandering around in he backyard which backs to a small preserve.

Red capped/crown cranes, I believe.

I think they are Sandhill cranes. Very cute! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Thanks for educating me on the wildlife. I thought red capped, because they have a red cap up on top.😆

I only know because a few years ago we had 2 show up after a big storm and I researched what they were.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@Sunshine3601

Hi Sis!

Can I ask which Embassy Suites in Tampa you stayed at before your cruise?
Looking out for hotels for our October cruise on the Serenade. We may stay over night or drive the day of...it is technically a 2 hrs drive from home, but the I-4 traffic is absolutely horrendous sometimes and we have missed a few events in Tampa due to that.

Hi Sis,  we stayed at the one downtown near convention center.   Here is their website link

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/tpaeses-embassy-suites-tampa-downtown-convention-center/

Good location.   About 10 min drive to cruise terminal.   We had waterfront view.   Waterfront is nice area to walk around and grab food and drink.   Decent little bar/restaurant in the hotel too.

Also the trolley stop out front of hotel was nice to tour the area and head to Ybor to wander around and/or eat and drink.

Overall rating 😊  I would stay here again.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi Sis,  we stayed at the one downtown near convention center.   Here is their website link

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/tpaeses-embassy-suites-tampa-downtown-convention-center/

Good location.   About 10 min drive to cruise terminal.   We had waterfront view.   Waterfront is nice area to walk around and grab food and drink.   Decent little bar/restaurant in the hotel too.

Also the trolley stop out front of hotel was nice to tour the area and head to Ybor to wander around and/or eat and drink.

Overall rating 😊  I would stay here again.

@Arzeena  @Sunshine3601  I stayed here on business in December.  Room was updated and very clean.  Would recommend.  😊 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2024 at 1:40 PM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Finally!  Maybe this time it’s for real.  We are getting ready to board our flight to Japan after 6 attempts at visiting there since 2019.  Each time, it was cancelled because of chartered, changed ships, COVID, and lift and shifts.  But we stuck with it, hoping someday it would happen.  So, here we are, finally, 2024.  I am feeling nervous and excited.  We will be on a 2 week adventure on our own before boarding the Celebrity Millennium for a 12-Night cruise around Japan.  I am really excited about sharing this trip with you all.

IMG_8963.thumb.jpeg.6b1a85406642193cff71b29a66f7eba5.jpeg

IMG_8965.thumb.jpeg.db478f0a1481b02adbba469168061542.jpeg

So happy for you and Marty are finally getting your dream trip.  Looking forward to following your posts.  Have a wonderful time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We made it to Osaka yesterday safely after a 12 hour flight.  Got through customs and immigration in about half an hour.  Then we had to take care of business such as picking up the Pocket WiFi, going to the JR ticket office for our JR Pass and ICOCA cards for local transit.  We got to our hotel by 7:30PM which is 3:30AM back home.  I was so tired we didn’t go back out to get some eat.  I just wanted to go to sleep.  The time difference really messes you up.

IMG_8977.thumb.jpeg.a6bf536de501b2b79b097cf1655c6acb.jpeg

IMG_8976.thumb.jpeg.608ab5d3c3eba78721876b6bfc95099d.jpeg

IMG_8979.thumb.jpeg.8daf80f11b64a1fb4a394c786e5def89.jpeg

IMG_8981.thumb.jpeg.1128e32901dab37349d8eec41f078b37.jpeg

The view looking out the room window..

IMG_8988.thumb.jpeg.19d376c6a7a18102e04fb0e1327275a1.jpeg

This morning, we had a nice hotel breakfast buffet.  Now we are on the way to Hiroshima on the bullet train.  Weather is cold but not rainy now.  We’ll see what adventure we can get into today.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We made it to Osaka yesterday safely after a 12 hour flight.  Got through customs and immigration in about half an hour.  Then we had to take care of business such as picking up the Pocket WiFi, going to the JR ticket office for our JR Pass and ICOCA cards for local transit.  We got to our hotel by 7:30PM which is 3:30AM back home.  I was so tired we didn’t go back out to get some eat.  I just wanted to go to sleep.  The time difference really messes you up.

This morning, we had a nice hotel breakfast buffet.  Now we are on the way to Hiroshima on the bullet train.  Weather is cold but not rainy now.  We’ll see what adventure we can get into today.

Thanks for posting you made it there. Sounds like it will be a adventure for sure. Such a long list of things to pick up when you arrived. No rain, no rain. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Beautiful hotel. Get some rest you will have a great day tomorrow.

• Like 2

Prayers to all families impacted by the collapse of Key Bridge in MD.

I cannot believe how quick it went down after a container ship hit a pillar.

Hope to hear of some rescues of survivors but those waters must be very chilly with an outside temp in the 30's at 1:30 am.  🙏🙏🙏

Will be interesting to see how this impacts cruises from Baltimore.   Pretty sure all ships pass under this bridge on their way out to sea.

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

+1

We have been watching coverage all morning.  Reminds me of the collapse of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge in 1980.  The Key Bridge was built about 3 years prior to the Sunshine collapse.  Several recommendations came out after that ship impact collapse, related to pier protection and warning systems.  

No doubt that they will be working to clear the main channel as soon as rescue and recovery operations are complete.    

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hope to hear of some rescues of survivors but those waters must be very chilly with an outside temp in the 30's at 1:30 am.  🙏🙏🙏

Will be interesting to see how this impacts cruises from Baltimore.   Pretty sure all ships pass under this bridge on their way out to sea.

It was crazy to see how fast that bridge came down. I guess the good part is that it wasn't a high traffic time of the day.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was crazy to see how fast that bridge came down. I guess the good part is that it wasn't a high traffic time of the day.

Yes, crazy how fast it went down.   I have been on that bridge many times.   

So far only word of 1 person walking away, probably was at one end of the bridge and another person rescued in critical condition at a trauma center 🙏

Clearing the debris and removing vehicles, tractor trailers, etc will not be a quick process to clear that channel.  Plus the investigation on how and why the cargo ship hit the pier.   Imagine this will close down port of Baltimore for several months.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My sister-in-law is on the Vision at present but isn’t scheduled to come back into port for another six days

• Like 3

I was watching the news right now and you can see that the ships anchor is down, so they tried to slow the ship. It makes me think it was a mechanical issue, as they had time to try and slow the vessel. Sadly if it worked it didn’t change the outcome.