Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

31 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Thank you Greg!

Excellent info.

The web site you posted would be a good resource for them.

One other question. With the two of them travelling, is KC a safe city?

They are NY savy, but not knowing the area, do they need a head’s up?

Also, any hotel recommendations?

Maybe Linda may have some ideas about accommodations-from a woman’s perspective.

Thank you!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️b

Yes very safe but just be aware as yo would in any city. Most of the areas I suggested are popular areas and safe. For hotels I would recommend the Plaza area because of the shopping but is a little more expensive. Downtown as some very nice hotels including the new Lowes hotel as well as Crown Center Hotel which is walking distance to WW I museum, and Union Station. If they narrow it down let me know I can give you my thoughts.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Years ago while at the Broadway play "Phantom of the Opera", the woman sitting next to me sang the songs along with the actors.  🥺  As if that wasn't bad enough, her plastic water bottle made the krinkling noise each and every time she took a sip.  So rude!!🤬

Several years ago we went to a concert to see a Neil Diamond tribute singer .A woman sitting next to me began singing the songs that the singer was singing .We were in the second row from the stage .I assume that the audience were not the only ones to hear her.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NHProud said:

My comment wasn’t directed at you as I know you wouldn’t stir the pot .  I looked up what is happening in the UK on the 4th and too confusing for me as are your remarks about your lenses.  

Judge Judy could not have been that rude when she presided in family court.  Again, manufactured to keep people interested.  My hubby watches medical shows real and fictional.  I have to avert my eyes. 

I bet the people in Windsor are not happy . 

I was delighted with the outcome of my cataract operations and sincerely hope your DH is happy after his cataract operations.

Intraocular lens are put in during the cataract operations.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, George C said:

I have owned a house in Dallas for 30 or so years and never mowed a lawn 😁😁,  pay just 25 a week and they do a great job . Flying to New York City tomorrow morning,

Safe travels tomorrow and hope you have a great trip!

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Well, I just booked another cruise today.  Is it still considered a S2S when you get off one cruise line (Sun Princess), and get on another (Oasis)?

Gives us an excuse to stay in Florida longer this winter. 

I like your style Mark!  It’s the prudent thing to do; you’re already in FL, might as well make the most of it. 

• Like 6

I stopped at a new garden center today to get my herb pots started.  I usually only grow basil and mint but in looking around, they had some nice chive plants so I’m going to give that a go also.  They also had a new (to me at least) variety of mint called Mojito Mint.  Since mojitos are primarily what I grow it for -sold!  
(…Dreaming of mojitos…)

• Like 15

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Well, I just booked another cruise today.  Is it still considered a S2S when you get off one cruise line (Sun Princess), and get on another (Oasis)?

Gives us an excuse to stay in Florida longer this winter. 

Excuses excuses!!!!!😁

Enjoy your cruise...s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@George CHave a wonderful trip to NY and have a slice of pizza and some pastrami for me, please!

Thanks to all wishing us a great trip, I believe I will have our pastrami at second ave deli I believe I did that about 45 years ago, it’s little closer than Katz, definitely pizza more than once . We had it at 2am a couple of times there are a few places open really late within a couple of blocks of our hotel.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I stopped at a new garden center today to get my herb pots started.  I usually only grow basil and mint but in looking around, they had some nice chive plants so I’m going to give that a go also.  They also had a new (to me at least) variety of mint called Mojito Mint.  Since mojitos are primarily what I grow it for -sold!  
(…Dreaming of mojitos…)

I started a lot of basil from seed.  I now have 5 grow bags of them.  I like making pesto with it to use on pizza.

This is from a few days ago.  It's growing fast.

image.thumb.png.2286512130d2da3d853e76dec83c99ce.png

We have a variety of mint growing.   DD uses it in her flower bouquets.

No chives this year.  We harvested several bags of garlic scapes.   Like chives but garlic taste.

• Like 16

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Do they have "senior skip day" near you???

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We do.

High School Seniors in our Hometown had Graduation on May 17th....The School has concluded.

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon got sushi for me today.   They call it American Dream.

Shrimp tempura roll, avocado, masago, cream cheese topped with spicy crab meat.

20240522_114338.thumb.jpg.394abaf07bd3174f06c0d1df21f0515c.jpg

Speaking of Sushi,  do you know what the Sushi said as the bee flew by?  ......    Wasabi 

You had me before that added cream cheese in that roll. Not sure or not if cream cheese belongs in a sushi roll or not. We dislike it.

Cream Cheese on a bagel please 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

CC somehow removed the part of @Sunshine3601 Debbie's post where I can reply.  I wanted to comment that even half of $125,000 is a nice piece of change.  I read Sam lived in a hotel due to covid.  I believe I read Sam changed her management team or record label. Not sure what the real story is.  Not too many stories like hers.

Here is an online article where she claims she went broke after she had to buy back the music she recorded since her album never got released (maybe due to covid).   Not a happy ending to her American idol win.

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Linda has urged me to hire out our mowing but I actually enjoy mowing. I don’t even want a riding lawnmower I prefer a powered push mower. I like the exercise but do agree it would be so much easier having it done by someone else.

I'm the same way.  In fact, it's what I did today. Self-propelled, walk behind mower in 88 degree heat under blazing sun, not a cloud in the sky. Ejoyed that so much, I put down a half-a-dozen bags of mulch left over from last year, cleaned the gutters, removed 2 wasp nests & made a temporary repair to vinyl siding that came loose during a recent storm. Probably lost 5 pounds due to sweat, my clothes were so soaked, it looked like I swam in them.

Recording tonight's NY Ranger game so I can fast forward thru commercials & intermission. Will start watching it shortly.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Well that sure was interesting!  Great outcome!

I like that person. I'd be fine if (s)he wins this. I actually like them all except for Maria. Never thought I'd start to like Liz but I do.

• Like 3

Animal day at the farm. 

Lucy was at the vet.  She doesn’t seem too bothered. 

IMG_5519.thumb.jpeg.064558136e716c001d4b50f4615290f3.jpeg

I also liberated a painted turtle while cutting the road side ditch. I didn’t want to run it over with the 120hp tractor. I placed it across the road by our neighbours new pond.  Owen came along and took the photo. It was also very windy if you couldn’t tell. 

IMG_5020.thumb.jpeg.4a4d026fd04530597f15782e30f8eee6.jpeg

• Like 19

21 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Arturs Silov, the third string goalie, exceeded every possible expectation but he only went into it with 9 professional hockey games.  He now has 10 Stanley Cup playoff games... exceeding his professional regular season games total.

I missed the fact he had only 9 games before the playoffs . Looked impressive to me, should be promoted to at least backup, if not starting goalie. Hopefully not beginners luck

• Like 1

10 hours ago, George C said:

I have owned a house in Dallas for 30 or so years and never mowed a lawn 😁😁,  pay just 25 a week and they do a great job . Flying to New York City tomorrow morning,

Safe travels tomorrow😊

• Like 1

10 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Seeing the Alamo for most people is a shock…they had no idea it was so small!  Kind of like the first time you see the Mona Lisa…

8 hours ago, voyager70 said:

That was my exact impression when I visited the Alamo. Also was shocked it was right in the city. I had no idea! Loved San Antonio

I also had been warned that the massive Alamo out in the middle of nowhere I see in the John Wayne movie is nothing like the real thing & in the town was built up around it. So I thought I was prepared. but still was shocked at how small and literally in the middle of downtown.  Most of it was torn down as the city was built up before they decided to preserve what was left.

The Riverwalk is also a very nice area.

• Like 6