Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our dog in Cincinnati would hear the garage door going up and would be waiting at the door from the garage to the house, tail wagging, every time I came home.  After we lost her, it hit me every time I walked through that door.  I'll even occassionally get that feeling walking through the similar door here in Florida, even though she never lived here with us.  

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Our past dogs did that and our current pups do that too. We even have a ultra quiet garage door opener. They must hear the frequency but they are always waiting for us wagging their tails.

The last dog I owned was the same way.  Anytime he heard the garage door opener, he'd run to the laundry room, where the door from the garage to the house was. Sometimes, he would lay against the door so we had to be careful opening it as to not whack him.

He passed away 20 years ago & we never got another dog. Still, once it a great while when I come home, I gently open the door & half expect him to be there.

Leonard, on the other hand, will hear the garage door, leap off whatever furniture he's napping on, hurl himself down the steps 3 at a time to the laundry room as if he is going to greet someone. Then he will plop down in the middle of the floor, start licking his paws and gaze around the room in a disinterested fashion as if to say "Oh, you were gone? I never noticed".

He think he's being Joe Cool. 😆

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5
  • Haha 17

I really enjoy mowing the lawn.  As much as I like my Ryobi electric push mower, my legs can't do the whole front lawn any more, and I now use the ride on mower and use the Ryobi in small areas where I'm not comfortable using the ride-on.  Anyway, after mowing the front yard yesterday, I moved onto the back yard, where there are two trees with low branches that I will ride under, while at the same time, I'm ducking my head and hoping a tick isn't in the tree.  As I got to the first tree, I felt something go into my eye, but I thought it was just pollen.  I continued mowing, and moved on to cleaning pollen off all of the patio furniture.  

As I was eating dinner, my eye started really bothering me, and so I moved my finger to the outer part of my eye, and as I did,  I felt a little something there.  As I got it out of my eye, it was a little tiny bug.  I put it on my dinner napkin, and thought to myself, do I see it moving?  I got my old glasses to get a good look, and sure enough, it was moving!   Needless to say, my eye and swollen lid don't look very pretty.  I called my eye doctor at 8:00 this morning and luckily they said come right in.  I was particularly concerned, since i am scheduled for lazer surgery next week on this eye.  The doctor prescribed  antibiotic eye drops and told me no worries....surgery can be done next week.  Phew!!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I missed a few Idol seasons and that was one of them.  I read that Idol winners get $125,000 when they win and another $125,000 when they put out an album.  What happened to that win money?

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm sure tax man took a good chunk of the win😪

Good question. No mention of that, other than she was living out of a hotel room which means eating out every day. Plus, the tax man.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

@Tree_skier

Sorry to see Vancouver eliminated last night, I really thought they were going to pull off a last minute comeback. 

I haven't watch much of the Western Conference other than a period here or there. But the teams are scary fast & good. To my untrained eye, I'd have to say the Oilers look like the team to beat right now.

Last night was a tough night but not unexpected.  Losing your starting goalie in Game 1 of round 1 is tough, losing your backup in the second game is crazy.  Arturs Silov, the third string goalie, exceeded every possible expectation but he only went into it with 9 professional hockey games.  He now has 10 Stanley Cup playoff games... exceeding his professional regular season games total.  There was no way this ended any other way... Not against McDavid, Draisaitl and Hyman.  

When I got the flash the Boeser was out for game 7 I almost couldn't watch. They battled but they were just out gunned.  That being said, this team showed there is a whole lot more to them than the preseason pundits predicted.  Many had them out of playoff spot, only a few had them sneaking in in a wild card spot.  They won the division, they dominated a good Nashville team in the first round and they took a powerful Oilers team to the brink down some very important pieces.  I think this team has a bright future and the dark days of being a Canuck fan might just be behind us for a few years. 

I'm sure a little bit of rose colored glasses have tinted my view but after the long dark winter of hockey the last decade has been for Vancouver fans... this is welcome relief.

I'm rooting for an Oilers v. Rangers final... with the Oiler's bringing Lord Stanley's cup back to Canada finally.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, derorim said:

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

9 hours ago, derorim said:

Oh no, now I have that song stuck in my head!  Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier! Hahahaha!  Haven’t heard that in ages!

To get it out of your head, just sing the theme to the Mickey Mouse club. 🤣

Thanks, that worked! 

I think the ultimate ear worm has to be Mahna Mahna from The Muppet Show:

6 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Oh Lordy. Well, I'll take it over "Sweet Caroline" I suppose. At least there's no place for cruisers to exuberantly join in on "so good, so good,...(more like so bad, so bad, so bad....)

Reminds me of the time that I was sitting in the Schooner Bar on Allure and the band down in the Promenade was playing Sweet Caroline... I recorded a snippet and sent it to John / @Ozark_Kid who had just debarked from the previous cruise, where I learned that it's his own personal ear worm!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I really enjoy mowing the lawn.  As much as I like my Ryobi electric push mower, my legs can't do the whole front lawn any more, and I now use the ride on mower and use the Ryobi in small areas where I'm not comfortable using the ride-on.  Anyway, after mowing the front yard yesterday, I moved onto the back yard, where there are two trees with low branches that I will ride under, while at the same time, I'm ducking my head and hoping a tick isn't in the tree.  As I got to the first tree, I felt something go into my eye, but I thought it was just pollen.  I continued mowing, and moved on to cleaning pollen off all of the patio furniture.  

As I was eating dinner, my eye started really bothering me, and so I moved my finger to the outer part of my eye, and as I did,  I felt a little something there.  As I got it out of my eye, it was a little tiny bug.  I put it on my dinner napkin, and thought to myself, do I see it moving?  I got my old glasses to get a good look, and sure enough, it was moving!   Needless to say, my eye and swollen lid don't look very pretty.  I called my eye doctor at 8:00 this morning and luckily they said come right in.  I was particularly concerned, since i am scheduled for lazer surgery next week on this eye.  The doctor prescribed  antibiotic eye drops and told me no worries....surgery can be done next week.  Phew!!

EEEWWW.  Thankful you were able to get the bug out and can proceed with your scheduled procedure😊

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boy, you sure had a premonition about a tick. Maybe you should play the lottery! I’m glad it turned out okay and you can have your procedure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They should also can Disney week. Lord I can stand those songs.

13 hours ago, George C said:

Only Disney song I like is the ballad of Davy Crockett , hate all thing Disney except Davy . 

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

To get it out of your head, just sing the theme to the Mickey Mouse club. 🤣

I was just to a concert, on Sunday, that was all Disney tunes for 2+ hours.  Of course, the only reason I was there was because my granddaughter was singing.  Her group only had a small portion with a melody of about 15 Disney tunes.  

What I found really annoying was the lady seated behind us who thought she should sing when the kids were singing.  Her off key accompaniment kind of ruined part of the performance for us. 

And, as they get to the part of the Mickey Mouse song that says “see you real soon now” the lady announces “ok, we are all going to the bathroom now”, as their group gets up to leave mid performance.  

I just said “Thank GOD!”

• Haha 12

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have had some beautiful weather this week.   Expecting sunny and 89f today (I'll be in the office 😔)  but evenings have been really nice for our mulching project.   

Enjoy your day😊

We have a great weather week ahead also  but slightly cooler temps (low 80’s).  It looks like it’ll be a nice Memorial Day weekend to start, then showers on Monday.  Andy plans to open the pool this weekend and hopefully we’re having a new grandbaby 🤞

• Like 13

I moved onto the back yard, where there are two trees with low branches that I will ride under, while at the same time, I'm ducking my head and hoping a tick isn't in the tree.  As I got to the first tree, I felt something go into my eye, but I thought it was just pollen.  I continued mowing, and moved on to cleaning pollen off all of the patio furniture.  

Hope you eye is ok.  Stay away from those ticks.  Susan had Lyme disease last summer from a tick, and it was horrible.  

She found two ticks on her yesterday while she was out weeding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

I think the ultimate ear worm has to be Mahna Mahna from The Muppet Show:

It’s a small world tune by Disney is my ear worm.  I would like to avoid that at Disney this summer, but that probably won’t happen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We have a great weather week ahead also  but slightly cooler temps (low 80’s).  It looks like it’ll be a nice Memorial Day weekend to start, then showers on Monday.  Andy plans to open the pool this weekend and hopefully we’re having a new grandbaby 🤞

🤞here's hoping your new grand baby arrives soon😊

They are calling for us to cool down with showers tomorrow and a semi decent weekend.   

We head to shore Friday then back home Saturday afternoon and doing some pressure washing

• Like 4

I must have somewhere recently heard Black Velvet by Alannah Myles and it's now stuck in my head.  Fortunately, it's a good song and is a much better ear worm than any of the Disney songs.  I'm afraid to even click on The Muppet Show video!

• Haha 10

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Good Luck Maryanne!

I am happy you are bug free and good to go.🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I was just to a concert, on Sunday, that was all Disney tunes for 2+ hours.  Of course, the only reason I was there was because my granddaughter was singing.  Her group only had a small portion with a melody of about 15 Disney tunes.  

What I found really annoying was the lady seated behind us who thought she should sing when the kids were singing.  Her off key accompaniment kind of ruined part of the performance for us. 

And, as they get to the part of the Mickey Mouse song that says “see you real soon now” the lady announces “ok, we are all going to the bathroom now”, as their group gets up to leave mid performance.  

I just said “Thank GOD!”

I hate being at musical events when who think that they can sing.... can't.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yesterday’s lunch involved collecting more ducks. 

IMG_1173.thumb.jpeg.74f969255666364941f9dd564ffb582a.jpeg

It was a little light on the grenadine.  It was supposed to be red, like the one in the picture. 

Then we strolled through the mall, and found that the wrinkled, trash bag look must be the new style. 

IMG_1174.thumb.jpeg.34e8ea184d9cd9c1f83beef812d10fed.jpeg

Susan said No thanks, when I told her I would get her one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

45 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm afraid to even click on The Muppet Show video!

My surrogate mom sent me a message the other day on FB.  I didn't even have to click on it -- just seeing the tiny thumbnail was enough to launch the song in my head!!! 

It's one of those "core memories" in my head, I guess.  Or PTSD from my childhood.  

Messenger-Facebook.png.24a02c60a6adf8d16fe58289c99a1e4d.png

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday’s lunch involved collecting more ducks. 

You must have a whole flock by now.  And yes...I had to Google, "what do you call a group of ducks".

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

49 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Then we strolled through the mall, and found that the wrinkled, trash bag look must be the new style. 

IMG_1174.thumb.jpeg.34e8ea184d9cd9c1f83beef812d10fed.jpeg

Reminds me of the following, just much larger in size.

image.png.12488dd80a53d9801333295cf8e60452.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 19

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

She found two ticks on her yesterday while she was out weeding. 

Since I have a wooded back yard, every time I finish mowing I have to check for ticks. I am amazed where I find them underneath my clothes and sometimes in areas I can’t figure how they got there. I am able to get them off before they settle in deep but they always leave an itchy little welt for a few days. Wish I could figure out how they get underneath my clothes so fast.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Air conditioning repair. 

Since we purchased the extended warranty through the company/manufacturer we get bumped to the top of service call list. 
Service man here in 45 min. 

Capicitor failed. 
So 

Since it was time for yearly checkup

Service plan renewal

Labor 

and the root of problem replace capacitor

After 37 min actual work time. 

$274.00

House a comfy 66 now

Happy in Vienna. 
aka. Sue. 

I thought the point of an extended warranty is that repairs are covered?

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Oh my I am so glad the doctor said no worries.  Good luck on your surgery next week!

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm sure tax man took a good chunk of the win😪

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It’s a small world tune by Disney is my ear worm.  I would like to avoid that at Disney this summer, but that probably won’t happen. 

When we were in WDW my daughter was 5 and we went on the small world ride multiple times.  MULTIPLE.  When we got back home, we ventured into the Disney Store at the mall and that song played over and over.  I wanted to SCREAM!.

CC somehow removed the part of @Sunshine3601 Debbie's post where I can reply.  I wanted to comment that even half of $125,000 is a nice piece of change.  I read Sam lived in a hotel due to covid.  I believe I read Sam changed her management team or record label. Not sure what the real story is.  Not too many stories like hers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When my son was little he saw The Little Mermaid in the theater.  Then we got the tape for the car and listened to Under the Sea over and over and over again.  I actually like the song the first hundred times.  After that I kept hoping the tape would break, but no it kept on going and going.  Eventually he outgrew it but I am sure it is responsible for several of my gray hairs.  Lol

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Since I have a wooded back yard, every time I finish mowing I have to check for ticks. I am amazed where I find them underneath my clothes and sometimes in areas I can’t figure how they got there. I am able to get them off before they settle in deep but they always leave an itchy little welt for a few days. Wish I could figure out how they get underneath my clothes so fast.

I have owned a house in Dallas for 30 or so years and never mowed a lawn 😁😁,  pay just 25 a week and they do a great job . Flying to New York City tomorrow morning,

Edited by George C
  • Like 8