Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, George C said:

Very happy we don’t need to deal with propane tanks , some areas here have natural gas and some don’t. When we bought both of our houses we made sure they had gas . First thing I did in our current home was to add a gas line to our outdoor grill 

Celebrating turning 75 today, will go to our normal restaurant and start with some Johnny Walker Gold then get a really good bottle of wine with dinner . 

Happy Birthday 🍰🎉

• Like 1

@Keksie  Sorry you are experiencing a kidney stone.  Your initial symptoms sound very similar to my DH last December.  He too, just felt out of sorts for about 1 week, no acute pain.  After a week of feeling this way he woke up one morning drank some water and immediately threw that up.  I took him straight to the ER thinking maybe intestinal blockage.  Nope, kidney stone!  Even the ER doctor was surprised.  Anyway he had a stent and the Tramadol and felt way better.  Stent removed and stone appeared to be gone.  Forward to the week of May 13th, one week before our trip to Italy, and he woke up, went to work, had intense pain for 45 mins, drove home, woke me up and off to the ER.  Yup, another stone.  This time the following Monday he had it blasted and the next day we left for Italy!  He was fine during the trip and I did tell him I was going with or without him 🤣.  Now we are in the process of trying to find out why stones are forming.  

I hope your appointment tomorrow with the Urologist goes well!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, George C said:

I have to adjust my pre dinner drink since wife gave me a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue 😁😁

Nice present!  Definitely put the Gold on hold and enjoy that Blue!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George C said:

Celebrating turning 75 today, will go to our normal restaurant and start with some Johnny Walker Gold then get a really good bottle of wine with dinner . 

Happy Birthday from another IBM mainframe alumni.

• Like 5

Very happy we don’t need to deal with propane tanks , some areas here have natural gas and some don’t. When we bought both of our houses we made sure they had gas . First thing I did in our current home was to add a gas line to our outdoor grill 

Cheers!!  🍻

image.gif.00ff7844f554a0f93e5561eeeb44d1a7.gif

• Like 1

Happy Birthday 🥳 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

I am also celebrating being retired for ten years , worked with mainframes from age 17 😁😁

I retire in four months.  Still working in Information Technology, it has changed so much over the years.  The younger people working with me are so amazed when I tell them how we did things in the mainframe days.

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

Happy Birthday!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday, our fun times continued.   We started out by taking our grandson to the health club for a swim.  Told him we would be doing that at least three times a week.  

After swimming, we got our other grandson and took the boys to Mizu’s for lunch. 

IMG_1434.thumb.jpeg.3fdb7937f9a109b6680fb3ee35a6340c.jpeg

What better way to spend the afternoon, than at a trampoline park. 

IMG_1435.thumb.jpeg.92c41b0474a39adfdc2cce1d7ac5459b.jpeg

Then, it was time for another meal out with our daughter, SIL and granddaughter, before bringing the kids back to our house. 

They were happier than cats to find new boxes delivered 

IMG_1448.thumb.jpeg.6a7d8e4c1df90c51a5f36523042b9acf.jpeg

I don't know about that...our neighbor/cat sitter sends me daily photos.   She brought over a new box for our cats yesterday.

Eva

IMG_5563.thumb.jpg.bbd4bdd5ac6a2baf584ce97f56348d33.jpg

Petey740598018.thumb.jpg.fa187cdb448864593930ebab4eaa8363.jpg

Sparky doesn't do boxes740678587.thumb.jpg.ce73f1c90e290b04b58b3a5a854b9805.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie is doing better.  We made it down to Atlantic City but I think it was too much for him, the walking etc.  thanks.

How are you and your family and friends holding up?

Glad to hear Charlie is doing better, and you made it to AC.

We're holding up, barely.

I'm at loss of words to describe the sheer fear we feel when our "leader" has the "chutzpah" to shame our only staunch ally -- the US.

A war in the north will be ten fold more destructive than the one which is still going on.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Vibe said:

I retire in four months.  Still working in Information Technology, it has changed so much over the years.  The younger people working with me are so amazed when I tell them how we did things in the mainframe days.

First computer I worked on was a 4K IBM 1401, I was working for US lines , which owned SS United States at the time.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vibe said:

Happy Birthday from another IBM mainframe alumni.

4 hours ago, George C said:

I am also celebrating being retired for ten years , worked with mainframes from age 17 😁😁

Happy Birthday & Happy Anniversary on 10 years of retirement.  

I also started my IT career on IBM mainframes back in the mid-1980s.  Spent about 10 years working on them & was told they'd be soon obsolete. So I moved on but apparently IBM mainframes are still going strong. I'm also retired now but thought about maybe doing some part time free-lancing as companies with mainframes are finding it hard to hire help. Need to do some serious brushing up first!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, George C said:

Happy 75th Birthday, George!  Enjoy your Special Day, and especially your Johnny Walker Gold with dinner!

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I find applying the sand much easier than all the prep work.   Just follow the instructions on the container or bag.

One great thing with pressure washing is using it to get rid of the moss and weeds in between the pavers.

Thank you Debbie!  I appreciate it!  

Btw, you sure picked a great time to spend at your LBI home!  I finally got into the pool today!

• Like 2